34281Re: [Heathkit:Yahoo] Re: Soldering, aka Soldering Guns (and a good buy on one)

  • Donald Spoon
    Jul 5 12:33 PM
      Hi Phil, et. al.

      One of the more useful soldering aids I recently purchased was the
      Weller "Portasol P2KC", a self-igniting soldering iron. It runs on
      Butane and the set comes with multiple tips for a variety of jobs.
      Despite its small size it can handle a PL- coax plug! It heats
      relativey rapidly and a single charge of Butane gives you over an hour
      to "soldering time".... That is a LOT!! It easily fits into a shirt
      pocket, etc... great for antenna work outside!! It is NOT a "one size
      fits all" solution, and I still have/use my Weller Soldering Guns, but
      if you are working without access to electricity, you can't beat it! I
      never leave home without it! <grin>

      -Don-
      K0APK

    • Show all 9 messages in this topic