30775Re: Chirpy HW-16

  • Spaceman
    Aug 21 6:02 PM
      Try adding a 220 pF mica cap from the screen grid of the oscillator
      tube to ground. If gets extremely sluggish try 100 pF
      That's works sometimes.
      If not the chirp is usually caused by power supply "point B" B+ instability. The trick is to ISOLATE the oscillator (V7)from the transmitter B+ by disconnecting the wire coming from C4/R3/R4 to power supply "Point B"
      Tie this wire to Point A in the power supply (supply for the receiver). It +175 VDC but far more stable and enough for V7 to oscillate cleanly.
      (Point A voltage is more stable when transmitting then point B).