Re: Sweeper Project Crashes Amithlon

  • Richard Mattsson
    Message 1 of 11 , Jun 13, 2005
      Hi Thilo,

      On 08-Jun-05, Thilo Köhler wrote:

      >> It's a 933 MHz PIII here, running Bernie Meyer's new kernel.

      > Ok, thats at the limit, cause the PIIIs FPU is slower than Athlon.
      > How many CPU % do you get in average while playing Sweeper Demo ?

      Oh, it definitely stutters, and then eventually fails. It's just that
      before, with older versions of HD-Rec, I wouldn't get to hear it play at
      all. Now I can actually get a taste of what you can do with it.

      The LoQ projects use 20% to 30% most of the time, but nearly all of the
      HQ projects will stutter at some point. I haven't really planned to use
      Sweeper on real projects on this setup, anyway. It's just interesting to
      check it out.

      Fairly simple audio-only projects work well, but too many effects will
      certainly kill it.

      --
      Richard Mattsson - http://home.bluemarble.net/~mattsson/
      Audio Video Art -- http://www.audiovideoart.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Jun 14, 2005
        Hello Richard

        On 13.06.05, you wrote:

        > Hi Thilo,
        >
        > On 08-Jun-05, Thilo Köhler wrote:
        >
        >>> It's a 933 MHz PIII here, running Bernie Meyer's new kernel.
        >
        >> Ok, thats at the limit, cause the PIIIs FPU is slower than Athlon.
        >> How many CPU % do you get in average while playing Sweeper Demo ?
        >
        > Oh, it definitely stutters, and then eventually fails. It's just that
        > before, with older versions of HD-Rec, I wouldn't get to hear it play at
        > all. Now I can actually get a taste of what you can do with it.

        You can limit the sweeper voices.When set in config 40 is enough.Because
        many voices use 2 osc this is same as a 80 voices synth.The voice limit is
        save for every song.So you dont forget that you must choose for every song

        Also it give some more voices if Thilo release for amithlon*winuae the cia
        midi.

        My 1 old 1 GHZ p3 can play the song complete with that only at time later 2
        min sometimes crackle

        > The LoQ projects use 20% to 30% most of the time, but nearly all of the
        > HQ projects will stutter at some point. I haven't really planned to use
        > Sweeper on real projects on this setup, anyway. It's just interesting to
        > check it out.

        I have upload the 900kb files of my softsynth+library etc some effects to

        www.david-mcminn.co.uk/bernd

        dir hd-erec tools

        the file barswrapper.lha

        This contain 2 dirs
        effects
        plugins.

        Both dirs can copy to hd-rec install dir and overwrite no files

        In plugins/barswrapper are fiels barswrapper.txt and file sampler.txt.

        A short docu+tutorial is add,its not much,so please ask.Or tell me what i
        can
        enhance if its too bad quality for you.I want make perfect Software and
        every ideas are welcome

        The max voices is set global,so do test out first and save your
        settings.default are 4 voices.also save the window postions with settings
        and save prefs.

        I have 120 MB of samples,but i have now only some synthsounds put in
        archive.

        I have strings trumpet church organ ah voice piano

        My main goal is making guitar perfect play with midi and distortion.I use
        for test smoke on the water,layla,got the blues.

        But this use lots of MB

        If someone is intrestet to make musik with realisitc e-guitar let me know,i
        can send files.maybe it can enhance.Its best when a sound is create by more
        ears

        If you like distortion you can of course use the distortion add in the 90 kb
        archive and distort other stuff.Many sounds nice with that

        > Fairly simple audio-only projects work well, but too many effects will
        > certainly kill it.

        Regards
      • Krister S. Skrtic
        Message 3 of 11 , Jun 14, 2005
          > I have upload the 900kb files of my softsynth+library etc some effects to
          >
          > www.david-mcminn.co.uk/bernd
          >
          > dir hd-erec tools

          hd-erec'tion tools ?

          I will install this but right now i dont have time for much testings.