Re: Opera Mini support

  • hawhaw_master
    Message 1 of 4 , May 29, 2006
      Hi David,

      your proposal (both for Opera Mini and Google Wireless Transcoder)
      will be included in the next version of hawhaw.inc and will create
      XHTML output for these browsers.

      Those who are interested can download a preliminary version from
      http://www.hawhaw.de/test/hawhaw.inc

      Thanks!
      Norbert

      --- In hawhaw@yahoogroups.com, David E Freitas <jddcef@...> wrote:

      > Thanks Norbert,
      >
      > Yes, you're right, normal browsers send this too :( Sorry.
      >
      > OK, here is the ACCEPT and USER-AGENT strings used by opera mini:
      > Also, note that different versions of opera mini might accept
      different types.

      > ACCEPT:
      > text/vnd.wap.wml
      > image/vnd.wap.wbmp; level=0
      > text/html
      > application/xml;q=0.9
      > application/xhtml+xml
      > image/png
      > image/jpeg
      > image/gif
      > image/x-xbitmap
      > */*;q=0.1
      >
      > USER-AGENT:
      > Opera/8.01 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/2.0.4062 en; U; ssr)
      >

      > So, checking for "Opera Mini" should work.
      > ('opera mini' with strtolower() being used);
      >
      > Yes, that's better :)
      >
      > if (strstr(strtolower($HTTP_ACCEPT), "vnd.wap.xhtml") || strstr
      (strtolower($HTTP_USER_AGENT), "opera mini")) {
      > // XHTML device detected
      >

      > Thanks!
      >
      > Sincerely,
      >
      > David
      >
      > http://wap.defza.com

      Adding "xhtml+xml"
      > to the xhtml detection would make the phone simulator on those
      browsers not
      > work any more :(
      >
      > I think the problem could be solved I we would detect the Opera
      mini browser
      > by means of its user_agent header. Can you provide the complete
      info that
      > this browser sends in ACCEPT and USER_AGENT header?
      >
      > Cheers,
      > Norbert

      unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com

      Participant