Re: [HauntWorld] Fire Retardants

  • Tekno717@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Jul 13, 2001
      Just got back from being away shooting a pyro gig. I am glad to see a thread
      on flame retardants. In addition to Rosco Flamex which is sold through
      theatrical distributors, there is a very good flame retardant called
      Inspecta-Shield, This product is more widely available and may be easier for
      you to get in you area. Try the local fire extinguisher company or ask your
      local fire department where you can find it. The down side of inspecta-Shield
      is that they do not have as many formulations as Flamex. For general use on
      organic materials (natural fiber cloths, wood, paper etc.) Inspecta-Shield is
      as good or better than Flamex. It is also a material that the fire officials
      may be more familiar with, which helps them be comfy knowing that you are
      treated. Either Inspecta Shield or Flamex can be sprayed painted or dipped on.

      Hope this helps

      John Gradwohl, Jr
      Real Image Productions (RIP)
      "Things that go BOOM in the night."

    • Kevin Alvey
      Message 2 of 8 , Jul 14, 2001
        I recently discovered that Terror by Design
        <http://www.terrorbydesign.com/> was running a special
        on their Baby Dragon fog machine. It is a 700 watt
        unit with remote for $80 with a free quart of fluid.
        It is a pretty good deal for a small unit.
        Everybody needs atleast a small fogger.

        =====
        Kevin R. Alvey AKA MR. Gore
        Gore Galore