Re: [HauntWorld] Movies being made...

  • RottZombie@aol.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 26, 2000
      Larry,

      They are doing a remake of Universals "Creature from the Black Lagoon" and as
      I understand it will be shot in Florida and they might actually use some of
      the areas of Marineland. It was where the last films were shot, Revenge and
      the Creature Walks among us.

      I find out anything more, I'll be in touch.

      Mark-
      "Rtt&Roll"
    • CSB
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 26, 2000
        Mark,

        Where is Marineland?

        Charles

      • RottZombie@aol.com
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 26, 2000
          Charles,

          Its located near St. Augustine in north Florida. Heres the website.

          http://www.marineland.net/

          It was one of Florida's first tourist attractions. It doesn't mention
          anything in the History section of the website about the movies being shot
          there. But if watch them its in the credits. And the first film was shot at
          Silver Springs, also another of Florida's original tourist attractions.

          Hope that helped,
          Mark-
          "Rott & Roll"
        • Joe Ritchie
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 26, 2000
            For those who know the comic book, Wesley Snipes will be playing "The Black
            Panther" in the movie of the same name. Also The Fansastic Four will be
            coming out.

            Joe Ritchie

            Message 5 of 10 , Dec 26, 2000
              Film Fans:

              Tobe Hooper's son made a Digital Video feature that is a prequel to his
              fathers 1974 hit "Texas Chainsaw Massacre". It has been released strictly to
              Internet viewing. I can find the site if you like. It has no one from the
              original picture but does have Bill Mosley (Plate Head) from part 2. Go
              figure?

              Erik Carlson
            • darkness@primary.net
              Message 6 of 10 , Dec 27, 2000
                Sorry but they're NOT re-making Creature of the Black Lagoon. Every single
                script they've recieved they haven't liked at all. They have recieved
                scripts most recently from John Carpenter and John Landis. They've put
                their attention to Mummy 2 and Phantom of the Opera. Before Creature I
                think they're also looking at Bride of Frankenstien which Ron Howards wants
                to direct and Dracula.

                I love the Creature and even wrote this awesome script for it.

                Sorry,
                Larry Kirchner

                Mark,

                Message 7 of 10 , Dec 27, 2000
                  Well that SUCKS, I was looking forward to a remake of Creature too.

                  Sure would be a change from all these Vampire flops.....I mean flicks.

                  Mark-
                  "Rott&Roll"