Encouragement :)

  • cdmorefield
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 11, 2010
      I am having one of "those" days, and was searching for a bit of encouragement. I thought I would share what I found :)

      Mothers, be faithful. Don't get discouraged.

      Pray for your children, and do not forget to talk to them:
      your words will settle down in their hearts.
      They never can, they never will forget them.
      They may appear not to heed what you say;
      they may put on an appearance of thoughtlessness and levity,
      which look as though your words were disregarded; but persevere---
      those words are there, and never will be forgotten:
      but may be called up in years to come when you are dead and gone,
      and like seed cast in the earth, germinate and produce fruit
      that shall flourish in immortality.

      -Jabez Burns, Mothers of the Wise and Good

      I also wanted to let all you other mommies know how much I appreciate you. There are many who misunderstand our motives for wanting to homeschool our children. It is so nice to have this group!
    • Daryl Carlock
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 11, 2010
        Thanks for this encouragement!  I just want to say that, I, too, am encouraged by all the homeschool mamas we have in our community and we are doing our children, our community and our nation a HUGE service by what we are doing!  Whatever may be said by the media or "uneducated" people regarding being stay-at-home mamas and homeschooling mamas is for not!  We are all blessed beyond belief to be able to this!  Again, thanks for the encouragement!
        Janie