New Homeschooler here

  • nmlovesoap
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 1, 2012
      Hello, I am new to homeschooling and have two boys. We are looking to interact with some other home-schooled kids. Does anyone in your group have kids ages 10 and 12? Do you get together for field trips or any outings? We live outside Raton and would be willing to come to Trinidad. I would also be interested in your facebook page if possible, when I did a search i was not able to find it.

      I look forward to hearing from you.
      Thank you,
      Rebecca
    • Dianna Morefield
      Message 2 of 9 , Oct 1, 2012
        Our FB page is
        https://www.facebook.com/groups/148306418569687/
        We look forward to meeting you :)

        Message 3 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
          Rebecca,
          I see you joined the facebook page. That is a much better place to keep up with us. I made this yahoo group and no one ever uses it. So we made the facebook page and everyone keeps up with it more. Welcome.
          Hope to see you at the pumpkin patch.
          kj

          --- In harthomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "nmlovesoap" <rsak@...> wrote:

          > Hello, I am new to homeschooling and have two boys. We are looking to interact with some other home-schooled kids. Does anyone in your group have kids ages 10 and 12? Do you get together for field trips or any outings? We live outside Raton and would be willing to come to Trinidad. I would also be interested in your facebook page if possible, when I did a search i was not able to find it.
          >
          > I look forward to hearing from you.
          > Thank you,
          > Rebecca

        • krosebudsmom
          Message 4 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
            Rebecca, btw. yes, we do have a few middle schoolers in the group.
            Sherry has a son your son's age.
            kj
            --- In harthomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "nmlovesoap" <rsak@...> wrote:

            > Hello, I am new to homeschooling and have two boys. We are looking to interact with some other home-schooled kids. Does anyone in your group have kids ages 10 and 12? Do you get together for field trips or any outings? We live outside Raton and would be willing to come to Trinidad. I would also be interested in your facebook page if possible, when I did a search i was not able to find it.
            >
            > I look forward to hearing from you.
            > Thank you,
            > Rebecca

          • mama likey cats
            Message 5 of 9 , Oct 2, 2012
              Hi, Don't know if you found our FB yet, I had a hard time finding it too and eventually found a friend who was joined and went to it from there. Anyhow, FYI, we have a fieldtrip on 10/4/12 10AM at Fishers Peak Animal clinic, (719) 846-3211, 1617 Santa Fe Trail. My kiddos are the same age! Daughter 10 and son 12.
              --- In harthomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "nmlovesoap" <rsak@...> wrote:

              > Hello, I am new to homeschooling and have two boys. We are looking to interact with some other home-schooled kids. Does anyone in your group have kids ages 10 and 12? Do you get together for field trips or any outings? We live outside Raton and would be willing to come to Trinidad. I would also be interested in your facebook page if possible, when I did a search i was not able to find it.
              >
              > I look forward to hearing from you.
              > Thank you,
              > Rebecca

            • Rebecca Sakelaris
              Message 6 of 9 , Oct 3, 2012

                Hello,

                Thank you so much!  I was able to join the FB page after I was sent an invite.  We would love to come and will try to make it.  I look forward to meeting everyone.  I have 2 boys 10 and 12 and they would love to meet some other kids.  See you tomorrow!

                Naturally,

                Rebecca

                Our amazing lip butters are now available online: www.katzima.com/lip-butters

                Visit us: www.katzima.com

                Contact us:  888-818-9424

                See us at: www.facebook.com/katzima

                 This e-mail may contain confidential information of the sending organization. Any unauthorized or improper disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the contents of this e-mail and attached document(s) is prohibited. The information contained in this e-mail and attached document(s) is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the recipient(s) named above. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail and delete the original e-mail and attached document(s).

                Hi, Don't know if you found our FB yet, I had a hard time finding it too and eventually found a friend who was joined and went to it from there. Anyhow, FYI, we have a fieldtrip on 10/4/12 10AM at Fishers Peak Animal clinic, (719) 846-3211, 1617 Santa Fe Trail. My kiddos are the same age! Daughter 10 and son 12.

                --- In harthomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "nmlovesoap" <rsak@...> wrote:

                > Hello, I am new to homeschooling and have two boys. We are looking to interact with some other home-schooled kids. Does anyone in your group have kids ages 10 and 12? Do you get together for field trips or any outings? We live outside Raton and would be willing to come to Trinidad. I would also be interested in your facebook page if possible, when I did a search i was not able to find it.
                >
                > I look forward to hearing from you.
                > Thank you,
                > Rebecca

              • Michael Putnam
                Message 7 of 9 , Oct 3, 2012
                  Thanks for the reply. We will definately try to be there.  I did get a link to the facebook page and I clicked join, but I don't if that works or not. I'll see you Thurs.
                  \Thanks again,
                  Holly

                  --- In mailto:harthomeschool%40yahoogroups.com, "nmlovesoap" <rsak@...> wrote:

                  > Hello, I am new to homeschooling and have two boys. We are looking to interact with some other home-schooled kids. Does anyone in your group have kids ages 10 and 12? Do you get together for field trips or any outings? We live outside Raton and would be willing to come to Trinidad. I would also be interested in your facebook page if possible, when I did a search i was not able to find it.
                  >
                  > I look forward to hearing from you.
                  > Thank you,
                  > Rebecca

                • Rebecca Sakelaris

                    Rebecca, btw. yes, we do have a few middle schoolers in the group.
                    Sherry has a son your son's age.
                    kj

                    --- In harthomeschool@yahoogroups.com, "nmlovesoap" <rsak@...> wrote:

                    > Hello, I am new to homeschooling and have two boys. We are looking to interact with some other home-schooled kids. Does anyone in your group have kids ages 10 and 12? Do you get together for field trips or any outings? We live outside Raton and would be willing to come to Trinidad. I would also be interested in your facebook page if possible, when I did a search i was not able to find it.
                    >
                    > I look forward to hearing from you.
                    > Thank you,
                    > Rebecca

                  • Erin Wogaman
                    Message 9 of 9 , Oct 3, 2012
                      We are also new to home/online school this year. We are new to the Trinidad area and new to this group. My boys are 13 & 12 and my daughter is 8. The boys have been reluctant to go to activities because of their age and weren't sure if there were kids in their teens. We live on 35 acres, so there's no running down the street to play with friends anymore. For those who live in Raton, my husband and I just took over the Subway there and are looking at possibly adding another in town. I will talk to my husband and see if there's something he could do for the kids.

                      Erin

                      Kyle - 13
                      Evan - 12
                      Calla - 8