- BOOK CLUB!
We had some discussion about formng a book club.
Some of the things we discussed
- 2nd grade-ish, so actually 1st-3rdish.
- Meet at the library (Jane the libarian would be tickled pink if we meet there.)
- Monday or Tuesday afternoon
- short term committments- like one book a month
- choose a book at the begining of one month for discussion the next, so everyone has time to check it out and read it
- let the kids choose the books and to the discussions
- one parent can volunteer each week to "facilitate", maybe find some worksheets or something online that go with the book
- let this be just about the book club kids and leave the smaller siblings at home
- Terra and I came up with a great idea to start- MAGIC TREE HOUSE series. They have oodles in the series, not gender specific, many have study guides available, based on non-fiction topics, we own several of them to share, oodles of stuff online to accompany them
- So, who's in!
- When do we want to start? ?????