Book Club

  • harthomeschool-owner@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 18, 2012
      BOOK CLUB!
      We had some discussion about formng a book club.
      Some of the things we discussed
      - 2nd grade-ish, so actually 1st-3rdish.
      - Meet at the library (Jane the libarian would be tickled pink if we meet there.)
      - Monday or Tuesday afternoon
      - short term committments- like one book a month
      - choose a book at the begining of one month for discussion the next, so everyone has time to check it out and read it
      - let the kids choose the books and to the discussions
      - one parent can volunteer each week to "facilitate", maybe find some worksheets or something online that go with the book
      - let this be just about the book club kids and leave the smaller siblings at home
      - Terra and I came up with a great idea to start- MAGIC TREE HOUSE series. They have oodles in the series, not gender specific, many have study guides available, based on non-fiction topics, we own several of them to share, oodles of stuff online to accompany them
      - So, who's in!
      - When do we want to start? ?????
      http://www.magictreehouse.com/#