Fw: Re:

  • Rolonda Santistevan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 19, 2010

      --- On Fri, 7/16/10, Rolonda Santistevan <mahala325@...> wrote:

      From: Rolonda Santistevan <mahala325@...>
      Subject: Re:
      To: "Karen Rosebud" <krosebudsmom@...>
      Date: Friday, July 16, 2010, 11:32 PM

      I was in a hurry writing that email about the room today, MS. Margaret at the Trinidad Library said we could use the Big Room that was set up for group activities for the kids, The room is downstairs in the front part of the library. The library has the summer reading program activities on Wednesday and Friday's. After Karen mentioned to me that the room was available for us to use, I talked with Ms. margaret, she welcomed us to use it, and said for us to look on their Calender upstairs to sign up on times or dates we need to use the room. There was about 21 kids or more today, busy at the tables working on Make A Splash Art Projects,
      In the Fall and Winter if we could all get together weekly (once a week) to do an activity that ties in with the Homeschools kids curriculm, Science, Math, Social Studies, they would have fun learning, and at the same time having that social time with each other.

      Allyciea was enrolled at the 1st and 2nd sessions at the 1st gallery, It was pretty neat to see a group of kids learning about different parts of the World, while they made Art activities.
       after graduating from High School, I enrolled in the Early Childhood Education at Front Range Community College my instructor was Sue Suska (if I'm spelling her name right. This was in the early 1980's But I do very well remember saying "Children learn
      by doing" I did see that today at the library and at the 1st art Gallery a few weeks ago, If we had this weekly Curriculum activity,
       It could be put in the newspaper, This will show the public that we are actually teaching are kids, unlike in the Public Schools having 25 kids or more in a class, my sister that lives in Thornton said her 2 kids weren't  getting to do activities, such as making USA Flags, studying the different countries of the World through Art activities ,like they used to because of "Budget Cuts" So my sister homeschools my nephew and niece.
      the kids in Public school instead   are read to by the teacher about the USA and The World, but can't have put their creativity into actually making Flags, State Flowers,ect. My 26 year old daughter never did bring home any Art Activities of Flags of different countries, getting to make food from different countries. Yes she graduated, but I wished she got to put her creative hand into learning about her world around her, Such as
      ""Children Learn By Doing" She is working towards her Nursing career now. The Construction paper markers, crayons are on sale now. during school, the supplies prices go up.so If this could be a weekly activity we could plan on doing at the Library Once a week, each parent could buy the paper, crayons, scissors, markers now while they are on sale, and set them aside for Our Homeschool Curriculum  weekly activity.

      Is this something the group would be interested in doing? Rolonda Santistevan
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2010

        I'm game