Bents Old Fort- Traditional Holiday Celebration , 12/4/2010, 12:00 am
Reminder from: harthomeschool Yahoo! Group Title: Bents Old Fort- Traditional Holiday Celebration Date: Saturday December 4, 2010 Time: All Day Repeats: This event repeats every day until Saturday December 4, 2010. Location: La Junta Street: 35110 Highway 194 East City State Zip: La Junta, CO 81050-9523 Phone: 719-383-5010 Notes: * Witness for yourself the joys, pleasures and pastimes of the 1840s at an isolated trading post.
* The spirit of the season comes alive with wagon rides, games, toy making and other holiday festivities.
* The event begins Friday evening December 3 with candlelight tours of the fort and continues all through Saturday, December 4 culminating with another evening of candlelight tours.
* For reservations for the evening tours call (719) 383-5026.
* The fee is $3.00 for adults, $2.00 for children 6 to 12 years of age, and children under 6 years of age free.
* 35110 Highway 194 East
La Junta, CO 81050-9523
* Visitor Information 719-383-5010
* The park is accessed via U.S. Highway 50 and Highway 194. From La Junta, Colorado on U.S. Highway 50, take Highway 109 north 1 mile to Highway 194, then east on Highway 194 six miles to the fort. From Las Animas, Colorado, on U.S. Highway 50, take Highway 194 west 13 miles.
* There is a 1/4 mile walk from the parking area to the fort with shuttle service available by using the trail head shuttle phone. The park film, bookstore and most of the first floor rooms are wheelchair accessible.
* for more info, http://www.nps.gov/beol/planyourvisit/events.htm
* additionally, there are curriculum ideas on their website
Get reminders on your mobile, Yahoo! Messenger, and email.
Edit reminder options