Community Center

  • tamsinclark@rocketmail.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 6, 2010
      Hello Homeschool Mommas,

      I have spoken with the Community Center and secured our spot as a homeschool group to meet there during the cold months. Here are the details:

      When: Tuesdays
      Time: 10:00am-12:00noon
      Where: Community Center (1309 Beshoar Dr.)

      We will have access to the gym, the game room/lobby next to it (ping pong, air hockey, foosball) and a large meeting room with tables. Martin Velasquez, the Sports and Rec Superintendent just asks the following of us:

      Please wear non-marking shoes.
      No food or drinks in the big gym. Food and drinks are fine in the lobby/game room.
      Go to the office to check out any equipment (basketballs, volleyballs, etc..) if not already in the gym.
      If there is equipment in the gym already just put everything back before leaving.
      We may bring our own equipment.
      Supervise our own children(of course).
      Check with Mr. Velasques to reserve the meeting room with tables. He requires one week notice.
      Check the bulliten board just inside the front doors for dates the Center is closed.

      Other than that it is available to us starting this coming Tuesday, November 9th. Mr. Velasquez is aware that we me not be there every Tuesday if the weather is nice outside. If it continues to be as nice as it was today let's still meet at Round Up park.

      Thanks much, Tamsin