The Conspiracy Theory to Beat them All

    Message 1 of 13 , Aug 29, 2004
      You must have all come across conspiracy theories.
      They're rife at the moment: the moon landing was all a
      fake, the Illuminati run the world, 9/11 was organised
      by the CIA, crop circles, the Third Reich is now
      happily carrying on underground in Antarctica, etc.

      Well I've got a much bigger and more exciting one,
      much more radical and revolutionary than anything man
      has dreamt of for centuries. It's called Harry Potter.

      The theory runs like this: humanity thinks it's living
      in the real world but is actually living in hell. For
      thousands of years it's been indoctrinated to believe
      that this IS the real world. This indoctrination is so
      successful there's hardly any one who knows that this
      is hell. The world governments and religious leaders
      are also reinforcing the belief that this is the real
      world. People have stood up in the past and proclaimed
      that the real world is somewhere else, but they've
      either been cruelly suppressed or their assertions
      made to look ridiculous.

      One of the ways to make us think we're not in hell is
      to tell us that hell is full of fire and brimstone
      whereas hell is actually quite a pretty world,
      especially in summer. The hellish characteristic is
      not in its superficial appearance but its laws of
      endless reincarnation and of evil always balancing
      good.

      Harry Potter is an attempt by people, who have escaped
      to the real world, to tell us that we're all in hell
      and to give us a guide book on how to escape.
      Of course this guide book is extremely cleverly
      disguised, and written by an author who is a genius,
      but who is also open to inspiration by the escaped
      prisoners. Fortunately such guide books have also been
      written in the past, and by comparing them to Harry
      Potter we can see what its real purpose is. And that
      is to drive into the human subconscious the idea that
      there is a real world out there, and that by a process
      of liberation we can escape hell and re-enter the real
      world. The conspiracy theory states that after the
      secret message of the guide book has been absorbed by
      millions of people, and they've started to accept the
      idea, there will be real attempts to escape en masse.

      The way of escape is something like this. I'm
      oversimplifying.

      The human being who wants to escape has to have a
      strong motivation to do it, obviously. James Potter,
      the stag, symbolises that. The person also has to have
      pure motives, symbolised by Lilly. They give birth to
      Harry, a new soul, which is the real soul, belonging
      to the real world. He's immortal and quite alien to
      this world, which rejects him, symbolised by the
      Dursleys.

      The force in the human being which imprisons him
      through all his incarnations is symbolised by
      Voldemort. He knows that the new soul will liberate
      the human being and take him into the real world,
      where Voldemort can't exist, and so Voldemort has no
      choice but to kill the new soul. However he can't if
      the person is willing to sacrifice his temporary life
      in hell for the real life in the real world.

      The power of the prison governor, Voldemort, is
      neutralised and the new soul can grow despite the
      harsh conditions.

      The new soul has two companions who will enter the
      real world with him: the old, mortal soul, symbolised
      by Ron, and the intellectual consciousness, symbolised
      by Hermione. Ron has a pet which he cherishes:
      Scabbers, the symbol of the mortal human ego. By this
      ego I mean the defender of the physical body, the
      force we feel in the solar plexus when we sense
      danger. It's our assertiveness, and the force that
      causes blind panic when we feel our life is
      threatened.

      The immortal soul now proceeds to liberate the human
      being in seven steps. The immortal soul learns that
      seven chains keep it imprisoned in hell.

      1. The first chain is the attachment to material
      things. The human being longs for health, a long life
      and great wealth. However the immortal soul is not
      interested in that and it wrests the symbol of those
      things away from Voldemort's attempt to get it. The
      immortal soul has freed the human being from
      attachment to material things.

      2. The second chain is the etheric body, symbolised by
      Dobby the elf. The etheric body is a slave to the
      physical body, which is a vassal of Voldemort. The new
      soul liberates the etheric body, which now becomes a
      willing and useful helper of the new soul.

      3. The third chain is fear. Fear is the most basic of
      all emotions, and is an inbuilt mechanism to ensure
      survival in hell. The immortal soul learns to overcome
      fear by the longing for liberation, which lives within
      him as the stag.

      At this stage of liberation the soul is given a guide.
      This guide is the original divine mental plan for the
      development of the immortal human being in the real
      world. It has been imprisoned by the human ego
      (Scabbers) which is a vassal of Voldemort. The ego
      knows that it can't enter the real world because it's
      one of the gaolers that imprison the human being in
      hell. Hence by imprisoning the mental plan for the
      development of the new soul, it thinks it can stop the
      escape. The mental plan for life in the real world is
      symbolised by Sirius Black, the "bright morning star"
      for the new soul. To symbolise his job as role model,
      he is called Harry's God-Father. He drives the rat out
      of his hidy-hole in the solar plexus and the ego
      escapes to Voldemort where it helps him fight the new
      soul.

      The next chain to break is the will. Harry, the new
      soul, learns to develop a new will, which can resist
      our prison-governor, Voldemort.

      Voldemort sees his very existence threatened, because
      it has been foretold that the immortal new soul has
      the power to vanquish him. He tries three times to
      dominate Harry:
      1. by possessing Harry's mental ego (in the head);
      2. by possessing his emotional ego (in the heart);
      3. in the final attempt, by possessing Harry's central
      consciousness. Each time Voldemort fails. These are
      the last three chains to hold the human being to hell.

      Meanwhile, during the fifth stage, the mental plan for
      the development of the immortal soul, as symbolised by
      Sirius Black, precedes the new soul through the Gate
      of Saturn. Harry will follow Sirius through the Gate
      later. To the people in hell this gate seems to lead
      to death, (and it does to people without an immortal
      soul) but to the immortal soul it leads to the real
      world.

      The old mortal soul (Ron) and the old intellect
      (Hermione) know that the only way Harry can enter the
      real world is for them to sacrifice themselves. They
      die for him, knowing that they will live on in him
      when he enters the real world.

      Harry at the end enters the real world, where Sirius
      is the Sun shining in Harry's eternal life. Voldemort
      and Scabbers have dissipated like smoke.

      But wait! Harry looks back at us who are still
      imprisoned and deluded. His heart burns with
      indescribable compassion and he returns to the prison,
      where he keeps the keys to the real world for those
      who want to escape.

      OK that's my theory. Tell me I'm insane; I can take
      it. But let me tell you this: the same story is told
      in the Bible, the Alchemical Wedding of Christian
      Rosycross, and many other books.

      http://au.movies.yahoo.com
    • C. W.R.
      Message 2 of 13 , Aug 29, 2004
        Hans Rieuwers <hansrieuwers@...> wrote:
        You must have all come across conspiracy theories.

        Well I've got a much bigger and more exciting one,
        much more radical and revolutionary than anything man
        has dreamt of for centuries. It's called Harry Potter.

        ----------------------

        Hmmm, vaguely resembles *The Matrix* I dare say, and that's just an observation, not a criticism please. :-)
        Take care, be well & best wishes,
        Cynthia/Cyndi/Cyn
        Message 3 of 13 , Aug 29, 2004
          --- "C. W.R." <bodhibubeleh@...> wrote:

          Hmmm, vaguely resembles *The Matrix* I dare say, and
          that's just an observation, not a criticism please.

          -----------------------

          Cindy, I tend to think that that is an extremely acute
          observation.

          I have seen two of the films and the violence and the
          fast action have prevented me from seeing the deeper
          spiritual meaning so far. However several people have
          mentioned to me that 'The Matrix' also has the same
          radical message of liberation from the hell we live
          in. Thanks for mentioning that!

          One of the aims of this group is to compare Harry
          Potter to other spiritual messages, so how about it,
          friends? Could I ask you to let me know what the
          parallels are between Harry Potter and The Matrix?

          What about some of you lurkers who may have seen this
          film letting us know?

          I look forward to a vigorous debate!

          http://au.movies.yahoo.com
        • Marianna Marinda
          Message 4 of 13 , Aug 30, 2004
            Hans wrote:
            >2. The second chain is the etheric body, symbolised by
            Dobby the elf. The etheric body is a slave to the
            physical body, which is a vassal of Voldemort. The new
            soul liberates the etheric body, which now becomes a
            willing and useful helper of the new soul.<

            Hans, could you explain just what the etheric body is? This part keeps
            confusing me.

            Thanks!
            Marianna
            Message 5 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
              --- Marianna Marinda <mariannadolan@...>
              wrote:
              Hans, could you explain just what the etheric body is?
              This part keeps confusing me.

              ---------------------------------

              Hi Marianna,
              Here's a brief description of the various planes. The
              Cosmic Plane we live in is divided into seven planes:
              1. The physical plane
              2. The etheric plane
              3. The astral plane
              4. The mental plane
              5-7 The 3 consciousness planes.

              The human being has a body or vehicle to express
              himself in each plane. Hence we have a physical body,
              an etheric body, etc. In the top 3 planes we have the
              mental I, the emotional I and the consciousness-I.

              Each plane has its own atoms and forces.

              The physical plane consists of solids, liquids and
              gases.

              The etheric plane has 4 types of ether-states:
              chemical ether, life-ether, light-ether and reflecting
              ether. Ether is what gives life to a physical body.
              All living things have an etheric body. That includes
              plants, animals and humans. If the etheric body
              doesn't function properly we get sick.

              The astral plane is the plane of emotions and desires.
              Creatures that have emotions and desires have an
              astral body. Plants do not have one, but humans and
              animals do.

              The mental plane speaks for itself. Only humans have a
              mental body.

              Each book of Harry Potter takes him on a higher plane.
              It's quite amazing how precisely Harry liberates
              himself on each plane in each successive book. Hence
              it's so obvious what he will do in books 6 and 7.

              When a person goes the Path of Liberation the etheric
              body at one stage (which is extremely advanced
              actually) is released from the physical body. It keeps
              the physical body alive but can move independently,
              which it can't do in our case, unliberated mortals.

              When the new soul (symbolised by Harry) begins to
              grow, the etheric body gradually begins to take on a
              brilliant golden colour. This is called "The Golden
              Wedding Vesture" in legends and gnostic stories. Such
              an etheric body is indestructible. The ordinary
              etheric body which is a "slave" to the physical body
              dissipates soon after the death of the physical body.

              As you know, there is a great preponderance of gold in
              the wizarding world: an obvious reference to the world
              of the new soul, which is gold.

              As I've said, Dobby symbolises the etheric body in my
              opinion. This is because the etheric plane is filled
              with creatures like elves, gnomes, salamanders,
              sprites, undines, nymphs, etc etc. These are invisible
              to the physical eyes, but people with etheric sight
              can see them. Very young children can often see them,
              as well as many animals.

              As you know there is a large emphasis on clothes in
              connection with elves, and this may be a reference to
              the "vesture" that the etheric body in effect is. I
              wonder whether Jo will somehow bring the golden
              wedding vesture into the story later.

              This is all very brief, but there are many books
              available. Max Heindel's "Rosicrucian Cosmoconception"
              is very detailed on this. Rudolf Steiner and people
              like Leadbeater have also written a great deal on the
              etheric plane.

              By the way, have a look at how the DADA lesson in each
              year draw attention to the plane we're operating on.
              1. Quirrell: vampires - blood - physical
              2. Lockhart: pixies - etheric
              3. Lupin: dementors - emotions - astral
              4. Moody: resisting the imperio curse - mental
              (willpower)
              5. Umbridge: theoretical only: Mental I.

              I hope that gives you a vague idea. Let me know if
              anything is not clear.

              Warm regards,

            • Marianna Marinda
              Message 6 of 13 , Sep 1, 2004
                Great comments, Valky! I had never looked at the Matrix in those ways, but
                it is helpful to consider them when trying to conceptualize how HP & the
                Matrix can be paralleled. The Matrix is a favorite of mine as well. Right
                off the top, I have not tried to match the two stories before now, since
                each approaches the spiritual message so uniquely and I notice their
                parallels emotionally. But since the question has been posed, my mind has
                been working to answer it...

                As far as associating with the 7 steps to liberation, I prefer to use a
                different set of terminology based on the 7 days of creation and/or the 7
                chakras. Please understand that I find them all to be _parallel_
                descriptions of the same concept, and I am just using my preferred/more
                understood form of explanation. In actuality, probably any set of 7
                concepts from any spiritual tradition will be able to parallel.

                Here is (roughly) how they parallel, as I see it: the 7 days of creation
                outline the steps it took to bring the glory of God (aka: truth) into form;
                the 7 steps to liberation are the reverse of this process, freeing us from
                form and bringing us back to God. Therefore, coordinating with the
                terminology of Hans' posts that I observe:
                the consciousness ego parallels creation day 1/ crown chakra
                the emotional ego parallels creation day 2/ brow chakra
                the mental ego parallels creation day 3/ throat
                chakra
                mental plane parallels creation day 4/ heart chakra
                astral plane parallels creation day 5/ solar plexus
                chakra
                etheric plane parallels creation day 6/ abdominal
                chakra
                physical plane parallels creation day 7/ root chakra

                And so, the path to liberation might be described in another way... As
                always, please understand that this is, at best, a summary; it is a given
                that there is a lot more behind it that isn't being said. Please forgive if
                it comes across strangely. :) Here is how I describe it:
                day 7: recognize that there is more to life than what meets the eye-
                rest from all physical concerns (including one's valuing of material
                objects)- realize you have a unique & inherent inner value & potential, even
                as you yet feel like simply one of the masses- awaken from the mass
                consciousness around you and fulfill your 'human' potential ('hu'
                referencing the earth, yet inherently including recognition of a higher
                power).
                day 6: make sure you process carefully through (digest!) what
                (ideas/concepts) you have understood to be a given and have subsequently
                taken in- free yourself from habits & structures that restrict your
                spiritual progress; shed dependencies, build on relationships- appreciate
                both sides of an issue (right and wrong is really just right and left: you
                need both legs for the creature to be strong and healthy!)
                day 5: come to know your personal power, potential, and purpose;
                realize the power that is in you- let it be expressed. All the hopes and
                dreams of the universe come down to what happens within the individual; it
                is up to you to receive the sustenance it offers into your individual person
                and let it flow - creatively, please!... Not destructively.
                day 4: the point of choice- have you accepted enough power to press
                forward in the creation of a better world personality? Or must you go back
                to what you knew and start again, to build a better foundation for success
                next time? What WILL you do? Go with your heart? Or with your mind? Going
                forward is the personal acceptance of a big responsibility. It is as the
                phoenix coming out of the ashes, the light emerging out from the mirror.
                day 3: its all about communication; the direction has turned from
                within to coordinating the progress of the world around you as well. Power
                is found in unity; unity requires communication. Just as plants receive
                their sustenance (nutrition, supporting ideas) from all directions via
                roots, yet find in them one purpose for growth, so much must you be honest
                enough with everything you receive that you can purposefully build the
                mental structure that can promote unity. As well, this thought must be
                expressed in a form tuned into the needs of the society, to be effective.
                day 2: stability is what counts here as the forces at work get more
                and more intense (opposing forces in closer proximity do that). Developing
                one's sense of inner peace is what is required to not be swayed by the heavy
                emotions going on around you, as well as what is most needed to be felt by
                all in the ongoing effort. This is the intense pressure diamonds are made
                of. This is the ultimate testing of the new mental structure, as to whether
                or not it is founded soundly enough to support the unifying goal for the
                whole society.
                day 1: the coming together of all parts, wherein unity is known and
                the whole of society is working together in a state of great power. A new
                consciousness results as in this unity, a new norm (higher reality- no
                longer Death & Taxes) is realized and accepted by all.

                Also to be noticed: the last 3 days are a mirror of the first 3; day 4 IS
                the mirror. Days 7-5 of liberation are a process of learning one's true
                self; day 4 is the turning point, climax, or choice; days 3-1 are the
                process of building up the personality of one's society (however large or
                small that turns out to be) into what it can be. This whole process nests
                within greater, similar processes, and therefore is always happening at many
                different levels at the same time- at one (frequent/common) level it is
                represented in every choice you make, at other (increasingly core) levels it
                will involve years, millennia, or eternities for the soul to accomplish.

                In orbital notation (as coordinates with my previous explanations), using
                the solar system as an illustration and starting as if in the position of a
                moon, days 7-5 involve coming to terms with the body one orbits around; day
                4 (for the seeker) is assuming the new orbit for oneself (adopting the
                higher orbit of the planet [in one's attitude, if not physically as well],
                an orbit based on that of the sun- a greater light); and days 3-1 are
                building up the society so that they will all be able to make the step as
                well. (This WHOLE process then continues infinitely at grander, more
                refined, levels... After all, the moon orbits around the planet, which
                orbits around the sun, which orbits around the center of the galaxy, which
                orbits around ???, each process toward a greater light a grander and grander
                refining of the universal body of God.)

                Anyway, (finally), in relation to HP _or_ the Matrix or anything else, I am
                not in the habit of seeing the story events in any particular liberating
                order (many others here are great at that!). Actually, the multiple levels
                I see liberation happening at usually prevent that, so this is where it
                gets harder for me. I do, however, enjoy recognizing what liberating
                elements any particular situation involves, and according to their depth,
                being able to anticipate what similarly deep situations will need to happen
                in the process of fulfillment (and what form they might take). So, jumbled
                though it may be, this is what I notice about Neo in the Matrix series (it's
                been too long, I've got to see them again!):

                day 7 situations: looking for Morpheus in the first place; being
                'bugged' (by the system) with a computer virus in the effort of slowing down
                the reality of individual progress; allowing guidance from a higher
                awareness by choosing to stay in the car even under gunpoint, choosing
                between the red (seeker progress) and blue (staying in one's comfort zone)
                pills
                day 6 situations: letting the bug (computer virus) be removed;
                learning to (re-process, and therefore) transcend the 'rules' of the virtual
                world, via the sparring & jump programs; accepting the guidance of the
                oracle, and the thought 'There is no spoon'; pushing on in the face of death

                day 5 situations: going back in after Morpheus; dodging bullets;
                fighting the agent; accepting & returning Trinity's love; coming back to
                life; flying (yes! I love that part!);
                day 4 situations: getting to the Architect and choosing between the
                available choices at the 'right and left hands of God' (boy he talks fast &
                deep! It is hard to keep up!); learning about what consequences those two
                choices _really_ involve (both in the presence of the architect, and before
                that as he becomes familiar with the whole scope of his world); recognizing
                the real nature of his opposition (Agent Smith again)
                day 3 situations: communication: in the French guy's mansion (I
                don't remember his name!) there remains more to the picture than how well he
                can fight; coordination of all the ship teams (3 teams, 3 captains...),
                Morpheus' speech
                day 2 situations: intensive yet calm fight with Agent Smith in mass
                (wow!); blinded, yet seeing; intensive fight with the machines- everyone
                working together in their various roles; willing to give up life (as he
                knows it) for the greater cause
                day 1 situations: the new day dawning: a new architect steps forth
                to manage the virtual world, symbolic of a new world living by a greater
                light

                I'm sure there are many more, as well as different kinds of parallels also!
                But this is enough. As it turns out, it seems I find that the Matrix covers
                the first 3 phases (days 7-5), Matrix Reloaded deals around the main choice
                (days 5-3), and Matrix Revolutions explores days 3-1 (whereas HP covers them
                1 book at a time). I believe the violence that is included, though not
                something I enjoy either, ends up being an effective communication as to the
                intensity (depth!) of the concepts being explored. :) Interesting.

                Anyway, have a good day!
                Marianna
              • M.Clifford
                Message 7 of 13 , Sep 6, 2004
                  Hi Marianna,
                  I really appreciate the depth of your post. Thankyou for sharing so
                  much of yourself.

                  You said that the liberation/rebirth/homecoming/countless other
                  analogies can be parralleled in so many different ways and I agree.
                  The muse inspires endless imagery, for that reason I do qualify that
                  its prescence is like that of a teacher, a very good teacher.

                  The very best teacher I ever had was famous for his lessons.
                  This is a true story. He was a Junior High School Mathematics
                  teacher, who, in every forty minute lesson would only *classicly
                  instruct* his students for a brief ten minutes, at the end of the
                  lesson. The first half hour of every lesson was given almost
                  entirely to free discussion. He initiated and contributed to the
                  discussion with little gems of insight, and before half the lesoon
                  was over we had usually completely copmrehended the conceptual
                  algorithms of the coming lesson. This teacher of ours did this all
                  so ingeniously that we spent and endless maths lessons voicing our
                  hormonal teenage opinions to an interested adult without for an
                  instant realising that we were _incredibly_ discussing the very
                  mathematical concepts that we were about to learn. In short we were
                  on soapboxes discussing current affairs and global events. He
                  empowered our eager young voices on such important matters to the
                  world, and raised our class grade average from C- to A- in under six
                  months.

                  I see the inspiration of seekers which/whom I have concisely
                  labelled _the muse_, instructs in entirely the same fashion. By the
                  time that final ten minutes has come around the conceptual framework
                  is built and the facts are academic.

                  It is the cadence of the muse, as was the cadence of my Tenth grade
                  Maths Teacher, that gives us this measure of grace to unfold the
                  flower in various forms and view the whole garden of roses upon
                  which we must lay the resting form of our instructed/liberated
                  aware/reborn person/spirit.

                  This is a parallel that I see in the Matrix and I also expect in HP
                  episode seven. In the Matrix final moments all the questions are as
                  null, the contradictions laid to rest and at the last when the
                  truth, the knowledge is lain before Neo he already knows it. It is
                  the view from the hill, the gift inside the wrapper. Once you've
                  climbed to the top of the hill you go no further for the view
                  because it is there, where you are. Once you have unwrapped the gift
                  there need be no further detail to execute. Neo assimilates the
                  lesson into the preparedness that is all he has from his seeker
                  journey.

                  Harry will do the same. In the final moments of his story he will
                  have every answer he needs, he will be the answer he needs and
                  unquestioningly he will step into the realm of the end of the lesson
                  as naturally as a drink of water.

                  Valky
                • Marianna Marinda
                  Message 8 of 13 , Sep 8, 2004
                    Valky said:
                    >Hi Marianna,
                    I really appreciate the depth of your post. Thankyou for sharing so
                    much of yourself.
                    You said that the liberation/rebirth/homecoming/countless other
                    analogies can be paralleled in so many different ways and I agree.
                    The muse inspires endless imagery, for that reason I do qualify that
                    its presence is like that of a teacher, a very good teacher.<

                    Thank you, Valky... Your comments are very sweet to me.

                    Valky said:
                    >The very best teacher I ever had was famous for his lessons.
                    This is a true story. He was a Junior High School Mathematics
                    teacher, who, in every forty minute lesson would only *classicly
                    instruct* his students for a brief ten minutes, at the end of the
                    lesson.< (snipped)

                    Thank you for sharing this! I found this fascinating, especially since I've
                    been seeing so many spiritual parallels manifest in the world of
                    mathematics. I am just amazed at what they can communicate. In the world
                    of Harry Potter, for instance, I find the use of prime numbers for the
                    monetary system (and the age for starting/ending Hogwarts, and Harry's
                    birthday) very interesting (which I haven't wholly concluded on yet; their
                    relative indivisibility does set them apart as more complete numbers-
                    perhaps a statement on the wizarding society in general, and Harry in
                    particular), and things as simple as the password into the Ministry of Magic
                    are quite revealing (24642, or 42624- whichever one it is... Did you notice
                    the 666 pattern?) as to the real nature of the beast (the organization
                    without soul).

                    There are so many others to list, even more core/exciting to me than these,
                    but I am not prepared to illustrate what I see in them all at this time (I'm
                    working on it).

                    I do wonder, though, what the significance of Halloween is? That is a
                    holiday I have never properly been able to appreciate, being that it appears
                    to be often related with gruesome ideas and evil. It is celebrated yearly
                    at Hogwarts, in a non-problematic way, and each time ends up having special
                    significance, if I remember right. I have especial interest in this date,
                    since as much as I have been bothered by the imagery and representations
                    that I see of the holiday (the whole idea of it), it is my husband's
                    birthday as well. (That has definitely led to unique relationship-learning
                    opportunities...) It is also only one day removed from my father's
                    birthday, or All Saint's Day immediately following. Could it be simply a
                    representation of the always-darkest-before-the-dawn thought? The
                    calendarial reminder of the necessity to be at peace with all that appears
                    unholy if one is to truly make it through to find God (as represented by All
                    Saints Day)?

                    If anyone sees spiritual significance in Halloween, please!, I'd love to
                    hear about it! My own conclusions just don't feel complete. THANK YOU!

                    Marianna
                  • hwgh2001
                    Message 9 of 13 , Nov 7, 2004
                      The Journal of Religion and Film had a very good article on The
                      Matrix back in October 2001 entitled "Wake up! Gnosticism and
                      Buddhism in The Matrix." It can be found at
                      http://www.unomaha.edu/~wwwjrf/gnostic.htm

                      Herbert

                      --- In harrypotterforseekers@yahoogroups.com, Hans Rieuwers
                      <hansrieuwers@y...> wrote:
                      > --- "C. W.R." <bodhibubeleh@y...> wrote:
                      >
                      > Hmmm, vaguely resembles *The Matrix* I dare say, and
                      > that's just an observation, not a criticism please.
                      >
                      > -----------------------
                      >
                      > Cindy, I tend to think that that is an extremely acute
                      > observation.
                      >
                      > I have seen two of the films and the violence and the
                      > fast action have prevented me from seeing the deeper
                      > spiritual meaning so far. However several people have
                      > mentioned to me that 'The Matrix' also has the same
                      > radical message of liberation from the hell we live
                      > in. Thanks for mentioning that!
                      >
                      > One of the aims of this group is to compare Harry
                      > Potter to other spiritual messages, so how about it,
                      > friends? Could I ask you to let me know what the
                      > parallels are between Harry Potter and The Matrix?
                      >
                      > What about some of you lurkers who may have seen this
                      > film letting us know?
                      >
                      > I look forward to a vigorous debate!
                      >
                      > Hans

                      > http://au.movies.yahoo.com
                    • adon
                      Message 10 of 13 , Apr 25, 2011
                        --- In harrypotterforseekers@yahoogroups.com, Hans Rieuwers <hansrieuwers@...> wrote:
                        > When the new soul (symbolised by Harry) begins to
                        > grow, the etheric body gradually begins to take on a
                        > brilliant golden colour. This is called "The Golden
                        > Wedding Vesture" in legends and gnostic stories. Such
                        > an etheric body is indestructible. The ordinary
                        > etheric body which is a "slave" to the physical body
                        > dissipates soon after the death of the physical body.

                        Adon:
                        Yeah but in this case, was Harry's aura supposed to be golden ever since he entered the wizard world?
                      • steven nu�ez
                        Message 11 of 13 , Apr 26, 2011
                          --- In harrypotterforseekers@yahoogroups.com, Hans Rieuwers <hansrieuwers@...> wrote:
                          > When a person goes the Path of Liberation the etheric
                          > body at one stage (which is extremely advanced
                          > actually) is released from the physical body. It keeps
                          > the physical body alive but can move independently,
                          > which it can't do in our case, unliberated mortals.

                          Adon:
                          So, how did J.K. symbolize that? I know that Dobby died who represented the etheric body but who was was representing the physical body?
                        • Hans Andréa
                          Message 12 of 13 , Apr 27, 2011
                            --- Hans Rieuwers <hansrieuwers@...> wrote:
                            > When a person goes the Path of Liberation the etheric
                            > body at one stage (which is extremely advanced
                            > actually) is released from the physical body. It keeps
                            > the physical body alive but can move independently,
                            > which it can't do in our case, unliberated mortals.

                            Adon:
                            So, how did J.K. symbolize that? I know that Dobby died who represented the etheric body but who was was representing the physical body?

                            Hans:
                            The Malfoy family, to whom Dobby belonged till Harry set him free. Narcissa is the physical body. The clue is in the word "Narcissa." In Greek legends the boy Narcissus fell in love with the image of his own BODY.

                            Lucius symbolises the chief organ in the body, the brain.  (Lucius = "light") Their child is Draco, the spinal cord, with its serpent-fire inside it.
                          • Hans Andréa
                            Message 13 of 13 , Apr 27, 2011
                              --- Hans Rieuwers <hansrieuwers@...> wrote:
                              > When the new soul (symbolised by Harry) begins to
                              > grow, the etheric body gradually begins to take on a
                              > brilliant golden colour. This is called "The Golden
                              > Wedding Vesture" in legends and gnostic stories. Such
                              > an etheric body is indestructible. The ordinary
                              > etheric body which is a "slave" to the physical body
                              > dissipates soon after the death of the physical body.

                              Adon:
                              Yeah but in this case, was Harry's aura supposed to be golden ever since he entered the wizard world?

                              Hans:
                              Many thanks for your questions, Adon. I'm really glad somebody is reading the old posts and trying to understand them. You just ask as many questions as you like!

                              This question is not easy to answer.

                              Harry symbolises the New Soul born in a person who is trying to go back to God, but he also represents such a seeker.

                              When someone writes a story to symbolise something, the characters personify certain aspects that the person concerned will encounter, or to explain how something happened. If we see Harry as a personification of the New Soul, then Harry is a person representing something else, and not himself. Hence as a fictional character you can't say Harry has a golden aura or not. From this angle Harry is just a young boy on a magical adventure. Jo did not specifically write about him as a seeker for God. The spiritual things in Harry Potter are hidden, or disguised. You have to figure out for yourself what their real meaning and intention is. So we can't say that as a symbol Harry had a golden aura.

                              However if we want to view Harry as a seeker in whom the New Soul is born, then, yes, Harry would indeed have a lot of gold in his aura, right from his birth in Godric's Hollow. As soon as the New Soul is born in the heart, there is a golden glow there. As the New Soul grows and goes on his journey from Bethlehem to Golgotha, or from Godric's Hollow to the Forbidden Forest, and defeats the evil in himself, so his aura, will increase in splendour and golden colour.

                              I hope this helps you understand what I'm trying to say.

                              I will be on a week's holiday in the UK as from Friday, so I may not have much time to write to you all. However please, everyone, follow Adon's example and send in questions, comments and opinions on the spiritual aspects of Harry Potter.

                              I am very busy writing a long answer to Derek's question about Horcruxes and chakras.

                              Love to you all from Hans