The structure of the universe

    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2005
      Just to explain the reason and purpose of this
      message: Alison in HPfS asked what the etheric and
      astral worlds are. I want to give an abridged but wide
      view of my personal understanding of the structure of
      the universe. It's based on explanations by HP
      Blavatsky, R Steiner, M Heindel and J van
      Rijckenborgh. As all my posts are based on this world
      view I want to put this message forward as a standard
      reference post. Unfortunately this message contradicts
      some minor things other members have said, but I'm
      sure they can live with that, and are free to present
      their own version.

      Divine Creation consists of seven planes of life. We
      call these the seven Cosmic Planes. These planes are
      filled with atoms of various kinds, plus forces and
      forms of energy. The planes are distinguishable by
      their rates of vibration. The First Cosmic Plane has
      the highest vibration rate.

      Each of the seven Cosmic Planes is further divided up
      into seven sub-planes. We call these sub-planes, in
      order of vibration rate starting at the lowest:
      physical, etheric, astral, mental, the mental ideation
      plane, the emotional ideation plane and the
      consciousness ideation plane (Other people give them
      different names).

      We mortal human beings live in a closed off part of
      the Seventh Cosmic Plane. Our universe is of a much
      lower vibration rate than the rest of the Seventh
      Cosmic Plane. This is due to the Fall. The original
      Seventh Cosmic Plane is called Paradise, and still
      exists as part of the Divine Plan.

      Let's have a look at our fallen universe. As I said
      above, this is divided into seven sub-planes, each of
      which is filled with atoms peculiar to that plane.

      All of us are familiar with the lowest plane, the
      physical plane. We know the atoms, which are round,
      and the three states: solids, liquids and gases. The
      atoms of the Sixth Cosmic Plane are exactly the same,
      except their rate of vibration is vastly higher.

      Next is the etheric plane. Etheric atoms are prismatic
      in shape and they fit neatly inside physical atoms.
      Their function is to give life to physical bodies. All
      living things have an etheric body, which is slightly
      larger than the physical body and hence sticks out a
      bit. It not only makes life possible but also
      determines the health of the physical body. There are
      also creatures which have no physical body, and I've
      described them as elves, gnomes, fairies, etc. The
      etheric plane is invisible to most people but
      clairvoyants and very young children can see it. There
      are four types of etheric atoms: chemical ether:
      making the body chemistry possible, life ether:
      enabling reproduction, light ether: making sensory
      perception possible, and reflecting ether, making
      thought possible in the brain.

      The astral plane is next in vibration rate. Astral
      atoms are sparks of fire that are subject to forces we
      call emotions, desires and thoughts. They move around
      extremely rapidly and readily group themselves into
      shapes. Desires have different rates of vibration
      which show different colours. I have explained these
      in previous posts. When we think of an object and
      charge it with desire, a copy of that object
      immediately forms in our astral body (Think of the
      boggart lessons with Lupin). This is the aura and is
      much bigger than the physical body. Animals and humans
      have astral bodies but not plants. There are creatures
      in the astral world that don't have physical bodies,
      for example dementors. When we die we spend some time
      in the astral plane (see the film, "What dreams may
      come").

      The mental plane consists of mental atoms. This plane
      is divided into two main sections: the plane of
      concrete thought and the plane of abstract thought.
      Obviously humans have mental bodies but animals and
      plants do not.

      The next three planes are the planes of, respectively,
      our mental I, our emotional I and our consciousness I.
      Each plane once again has its own atoms.

      Liberation in this context is simple replacing the
      atoms of our fallen plane with the atoms of the Sixth
      Cosmic Plane in a certain order. That, in simple
      terms, is what alchemy is. The atoms of our universe
      are not charged with the Divine Plan, and so they
      dissipate after a while. The atoms of God's universe
      are charged with the Divine Plan and so they are
      stable and stay together as long as required. Hence
      there is no death there. The cause of death and
      disease in our universe is its separation from the
      Divine Plan.

      Harry Potter travels systematically through the seven
      sub-planes of the fallen universe and shows Harry
      liberating himself on each plane successively.

      There you are, stripped to its bare bones, this is the
      visible and invisible universe. Everything I'll say to
      this group should fit into that matrix. Of course the
      trouble with such a simplified picture is that it's
      incomplete and therefore misleading, but if you'll do
      some research you'll be able to complete the picture
      yourself.

      This universe was created by the Sevenfold Spirit
      which emanates from God Itself. I do not understand
      what God is, but every seeker can learn to know the
      Spirit by having a new soul: Harry.

      I welcome questions.

      With genuine feelings of goodwill to all,
      Hans

      =====

      See you at Harry Potter for Seekers
      http://www.harrypotterforseekers.com/

      http://au.movies.yahoo.com
    • James
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 7, 2005

         Hans wrote:

        >...Divine Creation consists of seven planes of life...

        >...There you are, stripped to its bare bones, this is the visible and >invisible universe.

        Thanks Hans...very useful summary.

        About energies behind things and their relation to reading, see my "Morphing with Light" here:   http://www.bookreader.org/m/page8.html

        "Differences of habit and language are nothing at all if our aims are identical and our hearts are open."   J.K. Rowling, "The Beginning," Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, 2000, spoken by the character Albus Dumbledore

        Best Light,

        James