Crabbe & Goyle

    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1 2:22 PM
      On the left and the right of the spinal cord are the
      two strings of the sympathetic nervous system. Almost
      like two body guards of the spinal cord, they don't
      have much of a mind of their own. They just do as
      they're told.

      If Draco Malfoy personifies the spinal cord with the
      serpent-fire running through it, then obviously
      Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle personify the two
      sympathetic nervous strings on either side.

      In the Eastern esoteric tradition they're called Ida
      and Pingala. In the New Testament they're referred to
      as Ananias and Sapphira.

      I have mentioned several times that the new
      soul-force, personified by Harry, descends down the
      right string of the sympathetic nervous string to the
      plexus sacralis, where the kundalini is defeated. The
      soul-force then slowly rises up the left string,
      towards the pineal gland, the place of the crown
      chakra. When it reaches that point, the apprentice
      alchemist has completed his first initiation: the
      Mercury initiation. He receives the Holy Spirit and
      the new soul becomes conscious. The old serpent-fire
      (Draco) is defeated and disappears. The new
      serpent-fire now circulates through the the spinal
      cord as well as the two strings of the sympathetic
      nervous system. This is symbolised so beautifully in
      the caduceus, or staff of Mercury. The central rod
      symbolises the new force operating in the spinal cord,
      and the two serpents symbolise the two renewed
      sympathetic cords. The globe with the two wings (the
      golden snitch) symbolises the new Mercury (or
      Hermione) consciousness. The wings symbolise the
      heights to which the new mind can fly, and of course
      Mercury symbolises the contact with Mt Olympus, i.e.
      God.

      By the above I'm saying that this knowledge was known
      to the ancient Greeks and Romans and taught in their
      Mystery Schools, and they received it from the ancient
      Egyptians.

      As we know Harry and Ron creep into Crabbe's and
      Goyle's skins, in a manner of speaking, because they
      take polyjuice potion to take their place to get
      information out of Malfoy about the Chamber of
      Secrets. This is a fairly weak way of indicating the
      construction of a new serpent-fire in the candidate
      for alchemical transfiguration, and I must admit this
      bothers me a bit. As I said many posts ago, the order
      things happen in Harry Potter is not exactly in
      accordance with the progress the alchemist makes in
      the real process of liberation. However that's
      reasonable when we think that Harry Potter tells the
      story several times in different ways, using several
      different symbologies. Each symbology tells part of
      the story as it's almost impossible to tell exactly
      what's going on in the alchemist's body at any time,
      as it is so complicated.

      May I take this opportunity, by the way, to stress the
      fact that in liberating alchemy, the whole person,
      including his physical body, is involved in the
      process of transfiguring from a mortal, flawed human
      being, to an immortal, divine God-Man. Paul was right
      when he said that our body is a temple in which the
      Holy Spirit must dwell. To begin the process of
      alchemy, the physical body is necessary. If it were
      not necessary, we wouldn't have it. However once the
      basic process has been started, i.e. once Harry has
      been born, the death of the physical body can not stop
      it. And as I said when discussing Lucius Malfoy, the
      physical body cannot transfigure into anything divine.
      It's doomed. Sorry, Lucius.

      To resume the discussion about the way Harry Potter
      tells the story about alchemy; in actual fact the
      story told in book 2 about the killing of the basilisk
      and the ascent to Dumbledore's office is the complete
      story of liberation, but it's only one aspect, and so
      in Harry Potter it's a sort of foreshadowing of what
      will happen in book 7.

      We haven't reached the end of the story yet, and
      Crabbe and Goyle may come into the story again if Jo
      wants to tell us about the new serpent-fire forming in
      the sympathetic nervous system and after that taking
      over the old serpent-fire in the spinal cord. Perhaps
      she'll have Crabbe and Goyle siding with Harry in book
      7. It's inevitable, really. Then I guess Draco will
      also be conquered by Harry. That could mean he'll side
      with Harry after Crabbe and Goyle do. Jo could make
      Draco die, but I'm a big softy and I think it would be
      more satisfying if at the end Draco sees the error of
      his ways and sides with Harry against Voldemort.

      All this is related to the Gate of Saturn that I've
      mentioned so often. The Gate of Saturn symbolises the
      alchemist going through the last stage of his
      apprenticeship. His old consciousness dies and the new
      one is born. The new consciousness has complete power
      over the new serpent-fire.

      As I've said before I hope no one thinks this is
      painful or full of suffering. Although Harry Potter
      paints a rather painful picture, as does the New
      Testament, there is no pain, but sheer, unadulterated
      joy, as the prodigal son return to the loving arms of
      the father to be united with him for ever. To lose the
      old, imperfect earthly personality is like losing an
      old ragged coat that is so worn out and smelly it
      feels like a relief to throw it off for ever.

      Can you imagine Harry re-uniting with Sirius?

      Just one last thing. Vincent = conquering. The right
      string. Pingala, the male string.
      Gregory = watchful. The left string. Ida, the female
      string.

      Warm regards to you all,

    • M.Clifford
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 8 4:03 AM
        --- In harrypotterforseekers@yahoogroups.com, Hans Rieuwers
        <hansrieuwers@y...> wrote:
        > If Draco Malfoy personifies the spinal cord with the
        > serpent-fire running through it, then obviously
        > Vincent Crabbe and Gregory Goyle personify the two
        > sympathetic nervous strings on either side.

        > As we know Harry and Ron creep into Crabbe's and
        > Goyle's skins, in a manner of speaking, because they
        > take polyjuice potion to take their place to get
        > information out of Malfoy about the Chamber of
        > Secrets. This is a fairly weak way of indicating the
        > construction of a new serpent-fire in the candidate
        > for alchemical transfiguration,

        Valky:
        Just a question, Hans, at this point. If Harry were to Legilimens
        Crabbe or in some way penetrate his mind, would that be a stronger
        analogy of the construction of the new serpent fire.
        Say perhaps he learns from Crabbe something about Draco that leads
        him to go through Goyle on his way to Dumbledore thus the right
        through left that you have described?
        Just a kind of patched together thought.

        Hans:
        > All this is related to the Gate of Saturn that I've
        > mentioned so often. The Gate of Saturn symbolises the
        > alchemist going through the last stage of his
        > apprenticeship. His old consciousness dies and the new
        > one is born. The new consciousness has complete power
        > over the new serpent-fire.

        Valky:
        Soft as you are Hans, I will have to be brutal and say I simply
        don't see the character Draco, wholly submitting himself to Harry's
        rule, ever. He would have to die or be irreversibly transformed into
        something altogether helpless.

        I had a thought about the portrait of ex-Headmaster Black in DD's
        office, who, if he was alive, might not even be an ally of
        Dumbledore let alone his subordinate. Yet, there he is taking orders
        from Albus, and doing his bidding. It got me thinking that this may
        be the only way we might see Draco beyond his petty feud with Harry,
        in a portrait.

        Hans;
        > Just one last thing. Vincent = conquering. The right
        > string. Pingala, the male string.
        > Gregory = watchful. The left string. Ida, the female
        > string.

        Valky:
        LOL Gregory the Goyl(ie girl)
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 9 12:01 PM
          --- "M.Clifford" <Aisbelmon@...> wrote:

          ---------------------------------

          Valky:
          Just a question, Hans, at this point. If Harry were to
          Legilimens Crabbe or in some way penetrate his mind,
          would that be a stronger analogy of the construction
          of the new serpent fire. Say perhaps he learns from
          Crabbe something about Draco that leads
          him to go through Goyle on his way to Dumbledore thus
          the right through left that you have described? Just a
          kind of patched together thought.

          Hans:
          Good one, Valky! I just wouldn't want Harry to do
          anything immoral, that's the only inhibition I feel.
          If it were to happen without Harry forcing his way in
          to somebody's mind I'd be happy for that scenario.
          Good thinking!

          Valky:
          Soft as you are Hans, I will have to be brutal and say
          I simply don't see the character Draco, wholly
          submitting himself to Harry's rule, ever. He would
          have to die or be irreversibly transformed into
          something altogether helpless.

          Hans:
          You may very well be right. I'm sure book 7 will have
          as many surprises for me as anyone else.

          Valky:
          I had a thought about the portrait of ex-Headmaster
          Black in DD's office, who, if he was alive, might not
          even be an ally of Dumbledore let alone his
          subordinate. Yet, there he is taking orders from
          Albus, and doing his bidding. It got me thinking that
          this may be the only way we might see Draco beyond his
          petty feud with Harry, in a portrait.

          What a thought! You have a marvellous sense of humour,
          Valky. I wonder what Tom Felton would think of that. I
          suppose Lucius as a snob would be quite likely to have
          had a portrait done of Draco. So why not?

          Valky:
          Gregory the Goyl(ie girl)

          Hans:
          Well, didn't I say you have a marvellous sense of
          humour? lol.

          http://au.movies.yahoo.com
        • M.Clifford
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 10 6:18 AM
            > Valky:
            > Just a question, Hans, at this point. If Harry were to
            > Legilimens Crabbe or in some way penetrate his mind,
            > would that be a stronger analogy of the construction
            > of the new serpent fire.
            >
            > Hans:
            > Good one, Valky! I just wouldn't want Harry to do
            > anything immoral, that's the only inhibition I feel.
            > If it were to happen without Harry forcing his way in
            > to somebody's mind I'd be happy for that scenario.
            > Good thinking!

            Valky again:
            Schucks, 't ain't nuttin.
            I am glad you said that because I was recently considering one of
            the themes of the books.... actually I think that three major themes
            are summarised in the unforgivables, they might be *the* three
            themes from one point of veiw ---- AK = Death, Imperius = the force
            of external will, Crucio = Cruelty, Injustice ------ ...........
            The theme I was considering was external will, mind invaions and the
            like, and I came to realise that as Harry has been repeatedly closed
            in upon by attempts to control/inhabit his will, so has he
            innocently wandered into others gradually getting closer and closer
            to something.

            The External will closing in on Harry -
            Chapter one - The Dursleys try to impose their beliefs...Harry
            retains his sense of self
            Chapter two - Dobby tries to control Harrys actions by force...
            Harry doesn't take it laying down and does exactly what he wants
            Chapter three - The school/ministry suspends Harry's Freedom...
            Harry wrangles out of it and moves freely
            Chapter four - Harry is Imperioed.... He shakes off the curse
            Chapter five - Harry is possessed by Voldemort...He pushes Voldemort
            out

            Harry's will closing on ?something?
            Chapter one - Harry breaks a lot of rules
            Chapter two - Harry reads a "Very secret Diary"
            Chapter three - Harry eaves-drops on the teachers
            Chapter four - Harry finds himself in DD's penseive
            Chapter Five - Harry invades Snapes mind,

            In Chapter five Harry becomes aware of his link to Voldemorts mind
            and the power of legilimency. I think that Harry will take these two
            final steps.

            In HBP I am imagining that Harry, now armed with experience of
            accidental legilimency with Snape will conciously *try* it out and,
            by chance, he will penetrate a weak mind fairly close by, Goyle.
            Following the thematic pattern Harry will innocently chance upon
            Goyles mind, but what he finds he can't ignore.

            Likewise the final steps will be taken towards Harry, what they are
            I am finding hard to imagine. he has already been physically
            possessed twice by LV, perhaps there is some even more powerful form
            of imposing external will to come from Voldemort.
            Thats my theory.

            > Valky:
            > I had a thought about the portrait of ex-Headmaster
            > Black in DD's office, who, if he was alive, might not
            > even be an ally of Dumbledore let alone his
            > subordinate. Yet, there he is taking orders from
            > Albus, and doing his bidding. It got me thinking that
            > this may be the only way we might see Draco beyond his
            > petty feud with Harry, in a portrait.

            > Hans:
            > What a thought! You have a marvellous sense of humour,
            > Valky. I wonder what Tom Felton would think of that. I
            > suppose Lucius as a snob would be quite likely to have
            > had a portrait done of Draco. So why not?

            Valky:
            LOL you had images of Harry and Portrait!Draco greeting each other
            with witty insults too, didn't you. :D I would rather expect that
            Jo would preserve some homage to the original relationship dynamic
            of Harry and Draco if they were to end up on the same side, it's
            very imaginable.
          • Aldo Cauchi Savona
            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 10 9:57 AM
              wow! spend a week away from teh group and you have sirius :) trouble
              catching up!

              > > Valky:
              > > I had a thought about the portrait of ex-Headmaster
              > > Black in DD's office, who, if he was alive, might not
              > > even be an ally of Dumbledore let alone his
              > > subordinate. Yet, there he is taking orders from
              > > Albus, and doing his bidding. It got me thinking that
              > > this may be the only way we might see Draco beyond his
              > > petty feud with Harry, in a portrait.

              A thought just sprang to my mind that the people in protraits might
              indicate spirits who aid a person. I might extend this a bit further
              to maybe say that Jo uses the notion of protraits to show that wizards
              are able to see higher-vibration entities that roam about us.

              Some spirits work against you, some spirits aid you. It is said that
              Jung had two spirit friends who always aided him since when he was
              young. A friend of my dad can see spirits and he says that everyone
              has one (and more often more) spirits following a person about.

              Possibly somebody like DD will have a number of spirits aiding him.
              maybe since all of them were headmasters, no matter what their
              personal inclinations were in their 'living' stante they always serve
              the Light, form a chain and help each other.

              Aldo
              p.s. when people speak about the Red and White Queen in the Alchemical
              wedding 'Through the Looking-Glass' always coes to mind with the red
              queen running as fast as she can pulling alice along but not quite
              going anywhere. But i am far from finishing the Alchemical Wedding so
              i got no clue if there is any connection between the two books.
            • Alison Williams
              Message 6 of 6 , Jan 10 1:27 PM
                There's something that has been niggling away at the back of my mind for a
                while and I was reminded of it when I read this line in Francis Bridger's 'A
                Charmed Life : the spirituality of Potterworld.'

                "It can only be understood with a sense of humour."

                Obviously the books are funny, but is there more to the humour than a bit of
                fun? Boggarts - things that bring to life our worst fears - can be laughed
                out of existence. How does this happen? By helping us to get things back
                into proportion, then we can see that out fears are not really as dreadful
                as we'd built them up to be. Perhaps someone with a really well developed
                sense of the ridiculous could laugh at Voldemort's pretentions and see him
                as the rather sad individual he really is.

                It might not kill him, but he certainly wouldn't like it much.

                Ok, I know, this theory needs work...

                Alison