Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 30, 2004
      Apart from the Path of Alchemical Liberation itself,
      Harry Potter has been the most amazing thing in my
      life. As I said in post HPfS No. 1, in Harry Potter I
      recognise ever more clearly the timeless Path leading
      to eternity. Discovery has been followed by discovery,
      and the remarkable thing is that whenever I find
      something new, it's always confirmed by something from
      another direction. For example when I discovered that
      Dobby personifies the etheric body logic led me to
      realise that obviously the Malfoys must personify the
      physical body with its male and female aspects. Then
      suddenly I remembered with a shock Mrs Malfoy's name:
      Narcissa! This refers to the ancient Greek legend of
      Narcissus: the handsome young man who saw the image of
      his own body in the water and fell in love with it.
      This story is well known to me as symbolising the
      Fall. That is the confirmation that the Malfoys do
      indeed symbolise the physical body. This is just one
      more suggestion to me that Jo DOES want us to
      understand what Harry Potter is all about. She leaves
      clues everywhere. How many haven't I discovered yet?

      The Seventh Cosmic Plane was originally a gigantic
      alchemical laboratory in which the original human
      being was to work on the Divine Plan. The essence of
      this universe, both in its original state and its
      fallen one, is incessant change. Things in this
      universe move in circles, in cycles of rising, shining
      and fading. They condense and crystallise, only to be
      pulverised and dissipate again. They move through the
      states of matter, from solids to liquids to gases, and
      back again. They form compounds which react with each
      other, forming yet other compounds, and then break
      down into elements again. The human being was to work
      in this laboratory without living in it, without
      associating with it.

      The original intention of God was that matter was to
      be left without reason (i.e. the faculty of
      reasoning). The moment that spirit and matter
      associate themselves with each other, an impossible
      situation arrives, for then matter gains reason, and
      hence death.

      What I mean is this. When spirit connects itself with
      matter, spirit and matter (which is the opposite of
      spirit) mix. Now the essence of spirit is that it is
      eternal and unchanging, while matter is continuously
      changing, as indicated above. When spirit and matter
      mix, matter drags spirit down with it, causing
      crystallisation. Matter resists the spirit, which
      tries to maintain itself. The action of the spirit to
      maintain itself causes matter to condense and
      crystallise. In this way spirit is imprisoned in
      matter, which is the root cause of all suffering. That
      is the Fall.

      Humanity was to use matter as an alchemical working
      material, as an aid towards fulfilling the Divine
      Plan, but was told not to associate itself with it
      (remember the commandment in Paradise). The legend of
      the Sorcerer's Apprentice shows what happens if you
      try to put life into things without fully knowing what
      you're doing. This young sorcerer cast a spell on
      brooms to carry water, but could not stop them. He was
      nearly washed away by the water.

      The original human being entered the alchemical
      laboratory of the Seventh Cosmic Plane and experienced
      it as a garden of wonders, as a paradise. This place
      was so marvellously attractive and beautiful that from
      time to time he forgot his true Home and remained
      working in the Garden of the Gods. He saw himself
      standing in the centre. He saw his own reflection in
      the water and fell in love with it. He wanted to
      cohabit with it. But that meant his will had created a
      very erroneous image. Nature, matter, embraced her
      lover and began to merge with him. And this is how
      the human being was imprisoned in matter.

      Here we are millions of years later, still imprisoned
      in matter, with the a spark of the original spirit
      dormant in the heart, and the fallen human being
      living in a universe of sorrow, suffering and death.
      And every now and then matter proclaims its supremacy,
      as we've seen in Asia this week.

      And so I see Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy not only as
      the physical body, but in fact the symbol of our
      imprisonment in matter, where we do not belong. This
      is why they are vassals of Lucifer. Lucifer, as I've
      said before, is the personification of the sum total
      of our erroneous actions since the Fall. That's why
      Lucius' name is so close to Lucifer's.

      When we go the Path of Alchemical Transfiguration, the
      etheric body, the astral body and the mental body are
      transfigured. The physical body is not. It has to be
      left behind. Flesh and Blood cannot inherit the
      Kingdom of Heaven.

      However when the candidate for transfiguration has
      accomplished the defeat of Lucimort, the physical body
      can be used to serve the resurrected Divine Human
      Being in his communication with "muggles". I wonder if
      we'll see a reformed Lucius serving Harry at the end?

      How am I doing, Jo?

      http://au.movies.yahoo.com