Quiet period

  • Hans Andr�a
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2007
      Dear Friends,

      Things are a bit quiet in the group at the moment. Perhaps this comment from one of you sums up how most of us feel about Harry Potter at the moment: Right after the last book, I kind of
      needed a break to digest it all.

      I think it's time to rally the troops now and get started again. You can see now what happens when nobody writes anything: no posts. You'll only ever get anything out of a group if you put something into it.

      Right now I'm working on the chapter discussion, to which I hope you'll all start contributing again. Chris will soon be introducing Chapter 4 soon, and I can see some symbolism to write about.

      A big thanks to Candy; her introduction to Chapter 3 was absolutely magnificent! See post 3271. Thanks for putting so much work and preparation into it, Candy. I hope you weren't to discouraged by the lack of response. I'll be writing to other members as well; we need people as from Chapter 7.

      Welcome back to Andrew in South Africa! You did promise to come back when you left, and I'm always thrilled when people keep their promises.

      Someone asked me whether my silence in the last few days had anything to do with "Jo's latest revelation." Well, my silence simply means I have nothing to say about it. Although on the surface Harry Potter seems to have all kinds of political and social content, and Jo publicly affirms this, I still say it contains a hidden message of liberation from all things earthly, and hence from politics, religion and sex. I suspect intuitively that Dumbledore's love of Grindelwald and later disappointment and confrontation is deeply symbolic of the struggle between light and darkness, but I can't fathom it at the moment.

      I've been working on my book. I'll be posting each chapter to the group and asking for comment in due course. If there's a millionaire amongst you please send me a cheque so I can give up my job and devote all my time to Harry Potter for Seekers.

      The website is still attracting between 400 and 500 visitors a day, which is very gratifying. Aldo is working on two new skins. He's almost finished the Rose theme; later he'll design a Lotus theme.

      OK folks, like you I've had a time of introspection and absorption. Time to get back to work now. Let's have a few posts.

      Love to you all,

    • Lady Lupin
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2007
        Hello Hans,

        I have been meaning to write for some time. I find that I'm simply not having the time or deep enough interest to keep up with discussions any longer.  I've enjoyed the HP journey, and I will always read and reread the books, but my internet time is drawing to a close.  I'd like to be removed from the list. I'm not even sure how long I will keep this email, as I only intend to write one more article for Mugglenet.

        I wish you all the best with the site, and hope that it continues to inspire feeding discussions for all its members.

        Kindest regards,

        Colette, alias Lady Lupin

        Hans Andréa <hansandrea1@...> wrote:
[...]

        Best personal regards,