Harry (15)

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 5, 2004
      Before discussing Book 5 I want to talk about
      sequence. My understanding of Harry Potter is that it
      does not necessarily follow the sequence of the
      Alchemical Path of Liberation (Please correct me if
      I'm wrong, Jo).

      For example Harry's descent into the Chamber of
      Secrets is a cameo of the whole Path. In fact when an
      apprentice alchemist faces the serpent of the
      kundalini, he faces the three temptations which Jesus
      faced in the desert. The serpent is the representative
      of the higher self (this comes out clearly in CoS) and
      before an alchemist can kill this serpent he is tested
      three times. If he succeeds, the new soul-force acends
      the spinal column and reverses the rotation of the
      chakras. When this force reaches the crown chakra it
      opens it up to the Original Spirit and the Alchemical
      Wedding commences. This is the wedding of the Immortal
      Soul and the Original Spirit.

      Jo has not mentioned the three temptations at this
      stage because obviously that would finish the series
      at the end of book 2. The events in the Chamber of
      Secrets are more like a summary of what is to come. My
      understanding is that the three temptations are the
      climaxes in books 5, 6 and 7. We'll discuss that later
      in this post.

      The five "initiations" mentioned in my essay also
      appear to be in the wrong order in Harry Potter. That
      may be due to my misinterpretation, of course.

      The reader of this post should throw any ideas of
      initiations by Masters or adepts overboard. By
      initiation I mean self-initiation. When the new soul
      is born one does not need a Master or guru. The new
      soul itself becomes the Master, assisted by the new
      mentality as personified by Hermione.

      On the Path of Liberation the five initiations, which
      are part of a set of seven, follow the order of the
      planets as they exist in the solar system: Mercury,
      Venus, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn. It is possible that
      Uranus and Neptune will come up later.

      In my essay I have described Harry's victory over
      Voldemort in the graveyard at the end of book 4 as
      symbolising the Mars initiation. I have also said
      there that I strongly suspect the ever locked room in
      the Department of Mysteries in book 5 will lead to the
      Venus initiation. However that would mean Mars comes
      before Venus, which is contrary to the divine laws
      governing the process of alchemical liberation. Venus
      has to come before Mars! Divine Love has to come
      before the new Omnipotent Will. Why? The New Will is
      so incredibly powerful that it needs a strong guiding
      force to keep it under close control. This Will is
      like the High Priest in the reborn human being. It
      carries out all the orders of the new consciousness
      without any restrictions. If it is not guided by the
      Divine Love in the heart it can easily escape control
      and then we would have the same conditions as caused
      the Fall. The new Will must by controlled by the
      Divine Love in the heart of the alchemist. In other
      words, the Will must be subject to the Divine Plan, or
      deviation will occur again. This is what caused the
      Fall in the first place.

      Just as an aside, the unicorn is the symbol of the new
      Will. Its horn symbolises the power that radiates from
      the forehead of the human being who has this
      omnipotent tool.

      The conclusion I draw from all this is that it is
      possible that Harry's victory over Voldemort in book 4
      does not symbolise the new Mars but foreshadows an
      event to come after Harry enters the Room of Venus.

      However the election of Harry as leader of
      Dumbledore's Army is so completely identical to the
      way leaders on the Path of Liberation are chosen it
      seems almost impossible for it not to be the Jupiter
      Initiation.

      Similarly the ancient archway through which Sirius
      passes in book 5 is so unmistakably the Gate of Saturn
      that I just can't believe it to be anything else. And
      the same thing with the locked room in the Department
      of Mysteries. It is so similar to the Sepulchre of
      (sleeping) Venus in "The Alchemical Wedding of
      Christian Rosycross" that it would take Jo herself to
      swear on her mother's grave for me to believe that
      these three aforementioned things are not Jupiter,
      Saturn and Venus respectively. It just bothers me that
      they're not in the right order, and I can't explain
      why. Please help us Jo!

      I'm telling you all this because I want to be totally
      honest with you. I'm absolutely certain Harry Potter
      describes the alchemical process of liberation, but I
      can't explain everything down to the last detail.

      Perhaps when this series of posts is finished we can
      discuss the 5 initiations in more detail, but for now
      let's continue looking at Harry's triumphal march
      through the 7 planes of the time-spatial universe.

      The plane of life above the mental plane is the plane
      of the mental I. The human consciousness is a trinity:
      the mental I, the emotional I and the consciousness I.
      Obviously the highest of these is the consciousness I,
      the central consciousness governing both the head and
      the heart. However this consciousness is constantly
      addressed by two voices: the head and the heart. The
      mental I is what I mean by the voice of the head. It's
      the voice of reason, the Minister of Cranial Affairs
      under the Prime Minister. The emotional I is the
      Minister of Cordial Affairs. He provides the voice of
      the emotions.

      Obviously the mental I works closely with the
      mentality in the brain. I guess we could say the
      Minister of Cranial Affairs is the head of the
      Department, while the Department itself is the actual
      workings of the mind.

      Similarly the Minister of Cordial Affairs is the head
      of the Department of everything that happens on the
      emotional, i.e. astral plane.

      By extrapolation we can work out that the Prime
      Minister's department is also in charge of Etheric
      Affairs. To put it simply:
      The mental I governs the mental body,
      the emotional I governs the astral body,
      the consciousness I governs the etheric body (as well
      as being in charge of the other two ministers).

      I hope the somewhat banal comparison above helps you
      understand how the very top of the human organism
      works. There are undoubtedly very many people to whom
      this is all new, and I think it's wonderful to be able
      to put this on Internet.

      To get back to Harry: In book 5 Voldemort attempts to
      gain control over Harry's mental I. Dumbledore knows
      this and tells Snape to give Harry occlumency lessons.
      (occlud- Latin: to shut up, ment- Latin: mind). As we
      know, this doesn't work. However when Voldemort makes
      the effort to possess Harry's mental I, Harry is able
      to expel Voldemort through the love he feels for his
      God-Father, Sirius.

      Why does Dumbledore choose Snape of all people? Snape
      represent our shadow side, our "black" side (he always
      wears black). This is the apprentice alchemist's past
      experience of the "dark arts", which we call
      occultism. Every candidate on the Path of Liberation
      has first attempted to reach the goal by means of
      occult experiments. It is inherent in the human being
      to learn by making mistakes, and this is what Snape
      personifies. He therefore tries to teach Harry to shut
      his mind to Voldemort by using the will. Harry has to
      shut out all emotions and concentrate all his mind on
      closing it off. But Harry fails. What can this teach
      us about liberation?

      That the new soul cannot reach liberation by using the
      will. Using the will to achieve liberation is occult,
      and this takes us back to the the causes of the Fall.
      "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" teaches us
      that occult methods do not work on the Path of
      Liberation. We must not be guided by the voice of our
      dark past, the voice of experimentation. The only
      guide on the Path is the New Soul itself. The Soul is
      linked to the God-Father, and its love for what this
      represents will always triumph against the old fallen
      Higher Self, personified by Voldemort.

      This how Jo says it: "'There is a room in the
      Department of Mysteries,' interrupted Dumbledore,
      'that is kept locked at all times. It contains a force
      that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than
      death, than human intelligence, than the forces of
      nature. It is also, perhaps, the most mysterious of
      the many subjects for study that reside there. It is
      the power held within that room that you possess in
      such quantities and which Voldemort has not at all.
      That power took you to save Sirius tonight. That power
      also saved you from possession by Voldemort, because
      he could not bear to reside in a body so full of the
      force he detests. In the end, it mattered not that you
      could not close your mind. It was your heart that
      saved you.'"

      I'm surprised some of you haven't asked why I compare
      the three attempts by Voldemort to take over Harry's
      three-fold I, to Jesus' three temptations in the
      desert. In book 5 Voldemort's attempt to possess
      Harry's mental I doesn't seem much like a temptation.

      I'll have to admit that I can't really answer that. We
      are taught by the Masters of Compassion that before he
      can enter total liberation, the apprentice alchemist
      is faced by three attempts by the old higher self,
      Lucifer or Voldemort, to take control of the new human
      being, of which the new soul is the leading principle.

      The story of liberation is very abstract and we can
      understand it only by the use of symbols and
      personification. These have their limits, because
      comparisons with symbols or persons never match
      perfectly. A story told in symbols can never deal with
      the process in its entirety but just highlights
      certain aspects. I guess the best way to see the three
      events we're talking about is as three final tests,
      three ordeals, the apprentice alchemist has to pass in
      order to prove his allegiance to God and his total
      rejection of Lucifer. Seen in that light, both Jesus'
      and Harry's first trial make sense. In "The Alchemical
      Wedding of Christian Rosycross" the three trials are
      represented as three men trying to pull down the scale
      which contains the seven weights testing Christian's
      suitability as an alchemist. In "The Angel of the West
      Window" by Gustav Meyrink the three trials are woven
      into one and John Dee is tempted by Queen Elizabeth to
      come to him to unite with her for ever. After he
      passes the test he sees that if he had taken one
      single step forward he would have stepped over the
      edge of a precipice. I'm sure these tests are
      described in many works of literature and I'd like to
      invite you all to tell us about them.

      My theory is that book 6 will describe Harry's victory
      over Voldemort's attempt to take possession of Harry's
      heart, i.e. his emotional I. Jo has already said that
      Harry will have to learn to control his temper and I
      think that's a clue. As I said in my essay I suspect
      the room of Venus will come into this. This room is
      the innermost part of the heart. It is in fact Lily,
      but this time the symbol is not just a flower of great
      purity and beauty. It is the Inner God, TAO, the Holy
      Temple of the Spirit, asleep in the heart of every
      seeker. In "The Alchemical Wedding" this is symbolised
      by a sepulchre in which Venus has lain asleep for
      aeons, just like "Briar Rose" (It's always a woman,
      isn't it?). Perhaps Jo will somehow connect this room
      with Lily. Like all of you I just can't wait to see
      how Jo is going to describe Harry's victory over
      Voldemort this time. All I can do is raise questions.
      What is in the Room? How will Voldemort try to take
      possession of Harry's heart? Will it be a race between
      Voldemort and Harry to see who can get into the Room
      first? Will Lily be connected with that Room? Has the
      Department of Mysteries put her body in there because
      it was her love that defeated Voldemort in the first
      place, and they want to study this force? Wow! I can't
      believe I'm typing this! I'm typing this as it enters
      my poor deranged mind! Does Voldemort think perhaps
      that if he removes Lily's body from the Room he can
      defeat Harry? Is Lily's body preserved just like
      Venus' body in "The Alchemical Wedding"? The mind
      boggles.

      This incredible theory has just come to me. I'm so
      excited! Why do we never hear of Lily's and James'
      grave? Is it because Lily's body is in the Room of
      Love? It certainly fits the pattern! Lily - Briar Rose
      - Venus - the Great Mother as mentioned in the "Tao Te
      Ching". This is what I wrote in my post, "Harry (5)":
      (HPfS 298 & PRT 80): '"I am different. I am nourished
      by the great mother." Who is the great mother? Why,
      Lily, of course.'

      Some of you may have thought it far-fetched to say
      that the great mother mentioned by Lao Tzu could be
      Lily, but when you realise that the Inner God, the
      Kingdom of Heaven asleep in the heart, the absolute
      Divine Plan for the eternal growth and development of
      the Immortal and Eternal Child of God who will live
      for ever in unimaginable and mind-blowing splendour
      and glory, with 12 ineffable faculties which defy
      description, we can understand that the symbol for its
      potential is a mother. Friends, it is my theory that
      Harry Potter is telling us that in our heart sleeps
      the Mother of God. When this God is born it is in a
      manger surrounded by animals, and he will live in a
      cupboard under the stairs, but he will grow up to
      defeat the Dark Lord in our being and take us on a
      journey that leads to so much goodness, so much love,
      so much wisdom, and so many other Godlike gifts that
      we can scarcely believe it.

      Do you find the above fantastic? The figments of a
      deranged mind? Yet this is what the legends and the
      gospels tell us. There is a Temple in our heart where
      the Great Mother lies asleep for a hundred years,
      until the Temple is opened. It is this same Temple
      that contains Briar Rose (sometimes called Sleeping
      Beauty), or the princess in "The Glass Coffin", or
      Venus in "The Alchemical Wedding". And this Temple
      "contains a Force that is at once more wonderful and
      more terrible than death, than human intelligence,
      than the forces of nature." Whether this force is
      connected to Lily in Harry Potter I do not know, but
      it doesn't seem far-fetched to me.

      Friends, if just ONE person in the whole world reading
      these posts understood what Harry Potter is really
      about, I would feel my effort in sending these long
      posts would all be worthwhile.

      Just before I finish this long rant, let me just
      speculate on book 7. The passing of the last ordeal on
      the Path of Liberation is called, by the Masters of
      Compassion, "passing through the Gate of Saturn". Will
      Harry pass through the archway in the Department of
      Mysteries to find Sirius, as I said in my essay?
      Whatever happens, Voldemort will try to take
      possession of Harry's consciousness. Voldemort will
      know that if he doesn't get Harry this time, he'll be
      finished. He will therefore make a final desperate
      effort to make Harry join his side. This time I think
      it WILL clearly be a temptation. Voldemort will "take
      him to a very high mountain and show him all the
      kingdoms of the world and the glory of them." And he
      will say to Harry: "All these I will give you, if you
      will fall down and worship me*." But Harry will choose
      Sirius instead.

      That's enough predictions. You can read post 229, "My
      predictions" if you want to know more.

      Finally one last issue. Sometimes I wonder whether it
      is my place to reveal these intensely powerful
      spiritual values to the world. But then Jo has put in
      so many clues that shout out to be revealed! Every
      time I make a discovery I see that all clues come in
      pairs. If I come to a discovery from one direction
      there is always a clue from another direction to
      confirm the correctness of my discovery. I'll explain
      that when I discuss the other characters, starting
      with Sirius, in my coming posts. What I do want to say
      for now is that the presence of so many obvious clues
      convince me that Jo WANTS people to find the clues and
      draw the conclusions. That's right, isn't it Jo? I do
      so with caution, but until Jo tells me otherwise I'll
      tell the world about what the clues are screaming to
      announce!
      Hans

      *Matthew 4: 8 & 9

      http://au.movies.yahoo.com
    • Marianna Marinda
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 18, 2005
        Hans wrote:
        >I'm surprised some of you haven't asked why I compare
        the three attempts by Voldemort to take over Harry's
        three-fold I, to Jesus' three temptations in the
        desert. In book 5 Voldemort's attempt to possess
        Harry's mental I doesn't seem much like a temptation.<
        (snipped)

        >Just before I finish this long rant, let me just
        speculate on book 7. The passing of the last ordeal on
        the Path of Liberation is called, by the Masters of
        Compassion, "passing through the Gate of Saturn". Will
        Harry pass through the archway in the Department of
        Mysteries to find Sirius, as I said in my essay?
        Whatever happens, Voldemort will try to take
        possession of Harry's consciousness. Voldemort will
        know that if he doesn't get Harry this time, he'll be
        finished. He will therefore make a final desperate
        effort to make Harry join his side. This time I think
        it WILL clearly be a temptation. Voldemort will "take
        him to a very high mountain and show him all the
        kingdoms of the world and the glory of them." And he
        will say to Harry: "All these I will give you, if you
        will fall down and worship me*." But Harry will choose
        Sirius instead.<

        You know, Hans, I think the temptations you are looking for are actually
        right before our eyes... There are exactly 3 unforgivable curses, ALL THREE
        of which Voldemort performs or at least at-tempts- on Harry in book 4, very
        specifically in the effort to get him to bow down before him (or be
        submissive to him) in one form or another!

        (and, though it would be interesting to compare them directly, I'm sure,
        I'll leave it there for now)

        Nice post!
        Marianna