Voldemort

    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1 2:13 PM
      Imagine the human microcosm: in the centre the divine
      thought-spark created millions of years ago in another
      universe where time does not exist. It's a four
      dimensional universe consisting of length, breadth,
      height and infinity. There is no such thing as good
      and evil there. There's only the plan of the One
      Architect and everyone in that universe works in
      accordance with that Plan and thereby increases his
      own glory and eternal joy. But where the Spirit is
      there is freedom, and eons ago groups of entities
      decided to develop a plan that deviated from the
      divine Plan. They descended into a three dimensional
      universe and "fell in love with their own image".
      Spirit and matter cannot mix and so they entered a
      process of crystallisation. The spirit withdrew and
      the soul was left without its guide. Thus death became
      the wages of sin and suffering a familiar experience.

      The microcosm consists of a higher self and a lower
      self. In the divine microcosm these two form one
      single divine Son of the Potter of the Universe. Such
      a perfect microcosm is truly a Temple in which the
      Spirit lives. The fulfilment of the Plan is that the
      Divine Human Being be able to manifest himself in the
      total Divine Septenary. Just like the Creation itself,
      the microcosm has seven planes of existence in which
      the human being should become fully conscious. Because
      of the Fall, both the higher self and the lower self
      became "kindled in wrath" as Jacob Boehme puts it. The
      lower and higher self are reflections of each other
      and if the lower self transgresses the divine laws,
      the higher self shares the consequences.

      When the microcosm "fell" in vibration rate and so
      entered this universe of time and space, the higher
      self kept losing its counterpart, the lower self,
      through death. By the process of human reproduction
      the higher self was given the opportunity of
      recreating the lower self. After a baby has been
      conceived somewhere, the higher self of a microcosm
      infuses its life into the spinal column of the foetus
      and so the new lower self can continue the journey
      where the previous one was broken off through death.
      All the previous experiences, talents, fears, desires
      and faults are poured back into the foetus. The new
      baby about to be born is a faithful replica of the
      higher self, which itself is a faithful replica of the
      previous person inhabiting the microcosm. And so the
      cycle of reincarnation turns endlessly, the lower self
      changing the higher self through life, then dying, and
      the higher self projecting itself into a new foetus
      and thus creating a new lower self.

      Meanwhile Lily is asleep in the heart of the lower
      self. She is like the sphinx under the desert sand.
      Like Pier Gynt the lower self wanders through the
      endless deserts until one day he realises the total
      futility of it all, and he finds the buried sphinx. He
      uncovers the sphinx and Lily wakes up.

      As I said previously, a microcosm is like a cosmos.
      Just as the earth has a zodiac of twelve
      constellations surrounding it, so does the lower self.
      The microcosm has a spherical "shell" around it with
      twelve concentrations of energy and numerous smaller
      "stars". These "stars" are electromagnetic fields
      which contain all the person's interests, ambitions,
      phobias, desires. Naturally they differ for every
      person.

      The microcosm has seven shells, each of which
      corresponds to one of the seven cosmic planes that
      comprise the universal House of God. As the human
      beings we are live in the Seventh Cosmic Plane, the
      seventh shell of the microcosm is active and the
      twelve constellations of the microcosmic zodiac burn
      brightly and control our lives as the puppet master
      controls his puppets.

      Before the Fall it was the twelve constellations of
      eternal beauty and harmony in the sixth shell that
      governed the microcosm. As the twelve wise fairies
      bestowed their divine gifts upon the young princess in
      "Briar Rose", so the twelve stars in the original
      microcosm shone with unbelievable glory on the lower
      self, providing it with twelve faculties to carry the
      Divine Plan to its spectacular fulfilment. This was
      "when the morning stars sang together, and all the
      sons of God shouted for joy". (Job 38:7)

      However the Fall resulted in the extinguishing of the
      twelve Stars of Eternal Life and twelve new lights
      were lit. Lucifer, the bright morning star, fell from
      heaven and the whole microcosm was kindled in unholy
      fire. Man had eaten of the tree of the knowledge of
      good and evil.

      That is Lucifer: Voldemort - a mixture of good and
      evil. This is why Quirrell says, expressing
      Voldemort's philosophy: "There is no good and evil,
      there is only power, and those too weak to seek
      it...."

      And the lower self, as a creation of Lucifer, is
      likewise a mixture of good and evil. However no matter
      how good, we still live outside of the Divine Plan.
      Until the twelve stars shine in the sixth shell of the
      microcosm, we exist as creatures of Voldemort and will
      remain subject to death and suffering. Voldemort is
      not our enemy. He is our personal god, our creator,
      the provider of our life energy, albeit a temporary
      life. Until Harry is born.

      James kisses Lily, the sleeping princess of eternal
      beauty, and she wakes up. Their union results in the
      birth of a baby boy whose coming was foretold eons
      ago:
      "For to us a child is born,
      to us a son is given;
      and the government will be upon his shoulder,
      and his name will be called
      'Wonderful Counsellor, Mighty God,
      Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.'" (Isaiah 9:6)

      A new soul is born in the lower self and this is
      destined to drive Lucifer from his throne. At the
      birth of the Boy the ancient, long extinguished
      morning star begins to glimmer in the sixth
      microcosmic shell. Sirius, the bright new morning
      star, is visible again for the first time in
      innumerable millennia.

      Voldemort knows that a power greater than he has been
      born in his realm and he sets out to kill it before it
      can grow beyond his control. Like Herod he attempts to
      kill the power not of this world, but, like Herod, he
      fails. He has become Satan, the "adversary", and will
      fight Harry to the last breath.

      This same story appears in the Alchemical Wedding of
      Christian Rosycross. On the fourth day a play is
      performed and begins thus:
      "A very ancient King came on, with some servants;
      before his throne was brought a little chest, with
      mention being made that it was found upon the water.
      Now it being opened, there appeared in it a lovely
      baby, together with some jewels, and a small letter of
      parchment sealed and superscribed to the King, which
      the King therefore opened; and having read it, wept,
      and then declared to his servants how injuriously the
      King of the Moors had deprived his aunt of her
      country, and had extinguished all the royal seed
      except this infant, with the daughter of which country
      he had now the intention of matching his son." The
      King of the Moors here is Voldemort. There was no
      worry about racial discrimination in those days and
      with apologies to any black people reading this, black
      was used as a symbol of the power of darkness.

      Now that I've introduced Voldemort I think we can
      introduce Harry next time. Voldemort will come up
      again of course, as Harry constantly defeats him.

      Voldemort is also discussed in eastern spiritual
      traditions, for example in Buddhism he is called Mara,
      bitterness. It is my hope that people of other
      spiritual backgrounds will extend my discussions
      beyond my limited knowledge of these things.

      http://au.movies.yahoo.com
    • Aldo Cauchi Savona
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 2 5:31 AM
        Hans:
        > And so the
        > cycle of reincarnation turns endlessly, the lower self
        > changing the higher self through life, then dying, and
        > the higher self projecting itself into a new foetus
        > and thus creating a new lower self.
        >
        > Meanwhile Lily is asleep in the heart of the lower
        > self.....

        If the lower self is a projection of the higher self, and the
        spirit-spark (or Lilly) is found in the lower self, then either the
        sprit-spark is also present in the higher-self (for it to be able to
        be projected into the new lower-self) or else the spirit-spark is
        external to both lower and higher self, where some texts describe it
        as the centre of the microcosm.

        As i seem to gather that Voldemort is the higher-self (am i right
        here??) then it seems quite strange that the spirit spark will be
        projected into the lower-self by the higher-self...

        Having said this, it was my understanding that the lower and the
        higher-self were both dissolved (over a period of time) upon death,
        and the spirit-spark is all that remains from one incarnation to
        another...

        Any help on this matter?

        P.S.
        I never really introduced my self to the group..

        My name's Aldo, I'm from Malta, 26 yrs old.

        I first came across Harry Potter while working in a bookstore
        unpacking books in the UK. I unpacked so many of the first book that i
        did not read it for a long while. I came across the second book which
        my brother was reading and really enjoyed the story... (i read the
        first one after the second one in fact).

        I dont consider myselsf a Potter maniac, however since i've read Hans'
        essay about Harry Potter and its spiritual connotations, i have been
        following this post quite regularly.

        I've had a Catholic upbringing but am a pupil of The International
        School of the Golden Rosycross...
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2 9:26 AM
          --- Aldo Cauchi Savona wrote:

          ---------------------------------

          If the lower self is a projection of the higher self,
          and the spirit-spark (or Lilly) is found in the lower
          self, then either the spirit-spark is also present in
          the higher-self (for it to be able to be projected
          into the new lower-self) or else the spirit-spark is
          external to both lower and higher self, where some
          texts describe it as the centre of the microcosm.

          Hans:
          The divine thought-spark or spirit-park is not part of
          the personality and therefore is not projected. The
          "Lily" is the absolute centre point of the microcosm
          and is from another universe. It's implanted, so to
          speak, in the heart of the lower self at every new
          incarnation and it can influence the lower self to do
          good and to seek goodness, but it doesn't become PART
          of the lower self, the earthly human being, until it
          begins to spread its new life-force into the blood and
          the rest of the body. When Harry is born in the heart
          THAT light is projected into the higher self, but I'm
          going to leave that now, because that's what I'll be
          discussing in posts very soon.

          Aldo:
          As i seem to gather that Voldemort is the higher-self
          (am i right here??)

          Hans:
          Yes.

          Aldo:
          Then it seems quite strange that the spirit spark will
          be projected into the lower-self by the higher-self...

          Hans:
          It isn't projected.

          Aldo:
          Having said this, it was my understanding that the
          lower and the higher-self were both dissolved (over a
          period of time) upon death, and the spirit-spark is
          all that remains from one incarnation to another...

          Hans:
          The higher self is what survives each incarnation (as
          well as the divine thought-spark obviously). The
          higher self is the accumulation of all the things
          we've learned, everything we fear, everything we love,
          our talents, our faults. Why was Mozart a child
          prodigy? Because his higher self had stored his love
          of music from his previous incarnations and projected
          that back to him. His love of music was so intense
          that he quickly learned the skills again for
          performing and composing. Why are some people born
          with phobias? Projected by their higher self! The
          higher self is millions of years old but of course a
          million years ago our higher self was different from
          what it is today because of all the experiences we've
          had since then.

          This is why Jo keeps emphasising Voldemort's
          immortality. Voldemort's main two aims have been
          immortality and power. In Book 4, when Voldemort
          challenges Harry to a duel, he says, "Come out, Harry
          . . . come out and play, then ... it will be quick ...
          it might even be painless ... I would not know... I
          have never died. . . ." I believe Jo is telling us
          that the higher self has is extremely old and never
          dies.

          He wants to keep his power over the lower self so that
          he can survive for ever - in his view. The higher self
          is not a human being, though. It doesn't have a human
          consciousness. Its consciousness is automatic and it
          doesn't argue or reason with the lower self. It's a
          bit like a dementor. It doesn't know good or evil nor
          does it have a conscience, like the lower self. It's
          simply the accumulation of all our previous lives and
          has gradually become more and more powerful and rich
          in the sense of what it can bestow on the lower self.

          Thank you very much for your questions, Aldo. I invite
          you and all other members to keep bugging me to
          explain things.

          I would also advise you to read my old posts as I've
          discussed Voldemort before.

          Thanks also for your introduction. A belated welcome
          to the group!

          Warm regards to all,

          http://au.movies.yahoo.com
        • Marianna Marinda
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 7 5:41 PM
            Hans, I'm finally getting to a subject you've mentioned many times which
            just hasn't made sense to me. Like Aldo brought up already, your
            explanation of it has seemed to contradict itself. I'm hoping we'll be able
            to weed out the confusion and clarify the idea. Please excuse my
            brainstorm-style comments as I go through this. :)

            Hans wrote:
            >Imagine the human microcosm: in the centre the divine thought-spark created
            millions of years ago in another universe where time does not exist.<
            >The microcosm consists of a higher self and a lower self. In the divine
            microcosm these two form one single divine Son of the Potter of the
            Universe. Such a perfect microcosm is truly a Temple in which the Spirit
            lives<

            I think I understand your spark/spirit comments (they refer to the same
            thought, correct?), but the microcosm is confusing. Is the microcosm you
            are describing the dual spiritual/physical body/image of this divine
            spark?... Such that there would be 3 conceptual parts of the whole picture
            (spark or spirit, higher self, lower self)?

            Just for reference, this gives me a visual picture representation of two
            circles (one above, one below) linked by a light-thread (spine?) in the
            center (the spark), which sets up (for illustration) the outer form to be in
            the shape of a cylinder. Does this basic representation treat your various
            descriptions properly in relation to each other?

            Hans wrote:
            >Just like the Creation itself, the microcosm has seven planes of existence
            in which the human being should become fully conscious. Because of the Fall,
            both the higher self and the lower self became "kindled in wrath" as Jacob
            Boehme puts it. The lower and higher self are reflections of each other and
            if the lower self transgresses the divine laws, the higher self shares the
            consequences.<

            Hmm. This would suggest to me 7 milestones of progression between/including
            the 2 cylindrical poles of the higher and lower self- meaning that the path
            to liberation was from the lower self to the higher self. However, you
            mention that they can both fall... (if they are both referring to a _form_
            of any kind, that could make sense to me... But then the path to liberation
            would not end at the higher self... Or even more precisely, it would involve
            both emotional AND physical steps of liberation to reach, and therefore the
            higher self would not be in a fallen state by the time it was reached!)

            This is sounding like it is making some sense to me... The form of the
            higher self would be emotional, while the form of the lower self would be
            physical. The width of either circle mirrors the other, and is
            representative of the degree of opposition (or fallenness) from the divine
            center. The path of liberation would appear to take the form of a cone-
            from the original wide circle of the lower self to the divine center of the
            higher self (the actual cylinder form would become smaller through the
            refining process). Is this making sense back to you?

            Hans wrote:
            >When the microcosm "fell" in vibration rate and so entered this universe of
            time and space, the higher self kept losing its counterpart, the lower self,
            through death.<

            So, the higher self cannot die, but the lower self can... (makes sense with
            an emotional-physical picture) ...meaning that the emotional self of the
            spirit remained in whatever fallen state it had been in, throughout multiple
            incarnations of the physical self. Correct? This would all be in a
            long-term emotional effort of liberation, and the successes gained or lost
            in one life would be where the next began. An interesting picture of
            reincarnation here.

            Hans wrote:
            >The microcosm has seven shells, each of which corresponds to one of the
            seven cosmic planes that comprise the universal House of God. <
            >However the Fall resulted in the extinguishing of the twelve Stars of
            Eternal Life and twelve new lights were lit. <

            Hmmm... The 7 planes of liberation each have an emotional and physical
            association; progressing from the lower pole to the higher one, the
            emotional/physical nature of each plane increases/decreases proportionately
            (ratio with each other).

            Star-wise, this would suggest that at the consciousness of the lower self,
            the physical universe is 'brightest' (most easily understood &
            conceptualized), fallen from when the emotional universe (the higher self)
            was the guiding light (most easily understood & conceptualized, in line with
            the divine spirit). 'The greater light to rule the day, the lesser light to
            rule the night'...

            Hans wrote:
            >Meanwhile Lily is asleep in the heart of the lower self. <
            >James kisses Lily, the sleeping princess of eternal beauty, and she wakes
            up. Their union results in the birth of a baby boy...<

            Or in other words, the spine of the spirit (between the higher & lower self)
            ends at this lower pole at a single point far removed from the conscious
            operating dimensions of the form; when it is finally discovered, it marks
            the first step of the liberation of the consciousness.

            Hans wrote:
            >Lucifer, the bright morning star, fell from heaven and the whole microcosm
            was kindled in unholy fire. Man had eaten of the tree of the knowledge of
            good and evil.<

            So, what is Lucifer: Consciousness?! More precisely, the falling/fallen
            consciousness. The consciousness of the spirit fell past the mid-point (of
            the liberation planes) from where the light of (emotional) life was the
            greater influence (the norm, the given, the most understood guide) to where
            the darkness of (physical) death was the greater influence (a more abundant,
            yet much less clear guide to life). Innnterresssting.

            Hans wrote:
            >That is Lucifer: Voldemort - a mixture of good and evil. <
            >He is our personal god, our creator, the provider of our life energy,
            albeit a temporary life. Until Harry is born.<

            This mixture, I'd guess you mean, consists of the consciousness of the
            divine spirit (being neither good nor evil, yet having infinite capacity for
            either) having come to live in such a state of darkness that its capacity
            for good will never be developed.

            And so, when you say Lucifer is our creator- you mean that he embodies the
            guiding force (influence) that is the societal given for anyone born into a
            lower consciousness existence. Right? The force that increases the form &
            the darkness (creating more of it?!) instead of reducing it to promote
            seeking for the light... Finding power in the abundance of darkness...

            Recognizing that he once also existed in the light- I think it kind of makes
            sense to describe it that way, but mostly it sounds backwards to say he
            could be the creator at all. He certainly cannot create light at this
            point, though his infinitely hidden divine spark would still have the
            capacity if it could be freed from its darkness of conscience
            (consciousness). No different than any of the rest of us.

            And naturally, this force looses all its power with any consciousness that
            begins and progresses on the path to liberation, potentially losing all
            power completely if the bulk of the society (the majority) flipped to the
            light side... (Thus, that is what Harry's life is naturally threatening to
            do to Voldemort... Not just seeking freedom for himself, but also for all of
            society, Voldemort's entire seat of power is threatened...)

            Ultimately, the consciousness that can be known as the/a creator, I believe,
            must be able to do both- at the divine point of the higher self where form
            is created in the process of and as a result of joy in the light.

            Anyway (whew!), here has been my effort to understand the meaning of your
            explanation. How good did I do? Does any of this make sense to you in
            return?

            Thanks,
            Marianna
          • Marianna Marinda
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 7 7:39 PM
              Message
              A few second thoughts...

              Voldemort, as the inherent top dog in the (hierarchal) society of darkness, makes an easy representative (personification) of the forces of darkness altogether (No different than the identity of Lucifer or Satan in personifying the evil force opposing God/goodness)

              The spirit of Lucifer (Voldemort) would refer to anything that serves the darkness (illusion), and the purposes of the darkness (deceit); the spirit of God would refer to anything that serves the light (love), and the purposes of light (truth).  These are the two polarities of consciousness; we all deal with both in our lives whether we like it or not, and therefore it might be said that we carry the spirit of both within us.  (I don't like the identity this suggests, but I find it accurate nonetheless and important to observe in order to realize the forces that are at work)  Some (emotional consciousness) recognize a person by their intent/focus for good or evil.  Others (physical consciousness) recognize a person for the results of their effort- whether they appeared to be good or evil. (Case in point:  the opinions that Harry must be evil if he speaks parseltongue!)

              It is a wonderful thing to have one's 'eye single to the glory of God' (referring to pure intent... Lily?), which is a focus (consciousness) devoted to the light - the focus of a seeker.  But even the seeker must be aware that his efforts can be observed (by someone in darkness who doesn't understand it) to serve the darkness also (they fall farther into darkness as a result).  It is our interactions with each other that help clarify (enlighten) or confuse (darken), and inevitably an interaction that helps clarify with one will confuse another.  Thus, the path of liberation requires not only pure intent, but ultimately embodies enlightening (clarifying) interaction that helps the whole society come toward the light.

              This is a great community!

              Greetings, thanks, & blessings all,
              Marianna

              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 8 2:33 PM
                Questions! I just love questions! Lovely lovely
                lovely. Thanks Marianna!

                ---------------------------------

                Hans wrote:
                >Imagine the human microcosm: in the centre the divine
                thought-spark created millions of years ago in another
                universe where time does not exist.<
                >The microcosm consists of a higher self and a lower
                self. In the divine microcosm these two form one
                single divine Son of the Potter of the Universe. Such
                a perfect microcosm is truly a Temple in which the
                Spirit lives<

                I think I understand your spark/spirit comments (they
                refer to the same thought, correct?), but the
                microcosm is confusing. Is the microcosm you
                are describing the dual spiritual/physical body/image
                of this divine spark?... Such that there would be 3
                conceptual parts of the whole picture (spark or
                spirit, higher self, lower self)?

                Just for reference, this gives me a visual picture
                representation of two circles (one above, one below)
                linked by a light-thread (spine?) in the center (the
                spark), which sets up (for illustration) the outer
                form to be in the shape of a cylinder. Does this
                basic representation treat your various descriptions
                properly in relation to each other?

                Hans' answer now:
                to give you a visual picture, the microcosm is
                spherical in shape. Imagine yourself standing in a
                glass sphere, several metres in diameter. I'm not too
                good on remembering figures. Anyway it extends beyond
                your body quite a bit. The very centre of the sphere
                is in your heart. If you are a seeker we may presume
                it is radiating a certain amount of weak force into
                your astral body, making you seek. That centre is not
                spirit, but was created BY the spirit. That's why it's
                called a spirit-spark. It contains the plan or
                conception of the perfect, only begotten son. This
                spirit-spark has no connection with the higher self at
                all. Only in seekers does it send weak signals to the
                lower self. In millions of people this spark is
                totally dormant and so has no connection with the
                person in whose heart it's situated.

                The higher self is situated all around you at a slight
                distance from your body, and right up to the shell of
                the microcosm, usually called the "ring". In the ring
                of the microcosm there are numerous magnetic
                concentrations. Imagine them as lights shining inwards
                at you. They can be roughly divided into twelve groups
                and as they look like stars in the sky they could be
                called your microcosmic zodiac. These "stars" send
                magnetic lines of force into your head. As these lines
                are full of light and movement they resemble flames
                dancing around your head. Each star is an astral
                concentration of force that causes you to experience
                an astral sensation, i.e. an emotion or desire. You're
                interested in literature? OK there's a bright star
                which stimulates you to read. You used to collect
                butterflies but have lost interest? Well then, there's
                a little star fading away into oblivion.

                While you are alive in the physical world, you can and
                do change your microcosmic zodiac. When you die your
                physical body drops away, but your etheric, astral and
                mental bodies go on. After a while your etheric body
                also drops away, followed by your astral and mental
                bodies. The threefold consciousness is left over,
                which then also dissipates. The higher self, however,
                stays just as it is, and some time later it adopts a
                foetus. It connects itself to the foetus and this new
                person will be just like the previous one, except that
                he will be influenced by the blood of his ancestors
                and by his new environment. As he has a new brain he
                obviously won't be able to remember the previous life.
                However the higher self also concentrates a tremendous
                power centre into the spine, as I said in a previous
                post, and this is connected to the subconscious mind.
                It is therefore possible to "remember" previous lives
                by going deep into the subconscious mind.

                The higher self is personified by Voldemort or
                Lucifer, as I have stated in my theory. Please
                remember that the higher self is not a person but an
                astral concentration of forces which we have
                accumulated during hundreds of lives. Astral
                concentrations have the property of developing
                consciousness. In fact the magical world of Harry
                Potter is very much like the astral world really is.
                There, talking pictures or walking suits of armour is
                nothing special. Such a consciousness is not like
                ours, though. I can only describe it as automatic. If
                we think about something very intensely and for a long
                time, and we connect it with emotions, and desire it
                strongly, our brain will create a thought form. This
                looks like a little cloud of light, and its most
                striking characteristic is its eyes, which are focused
                on our eyes. Such a thought form has a very strong
                urge to survive and it will fix its little eyes on us,
                to hypnotise us as it were to make us feed it. And we
                feed it by thinking about the original object. If this
                is a particular fear of something happening, or a
                depressing thought, or the idea of suicide, such a
                thought form can merge from obsession into possession,
                and can end in horrendous suffering, as we all know.

                Voldemort, our higher self, is the sum total of all
                our thoughts, actions, desires and feelings. One of
                his manifestations is the figure of a human being,
                huge and fiery. Stories of Satan and hellfire refer to
                this. However I emphasise again that Voldemort/Lucifer
                is not evil in essence. He is the sum total of all our
                lives and he is evil to the extent that we have done
                evil in the past, and good to the extent we've been
                good. And in the present we and our higher self are in
                perfect harmony until we go the path of liberation.

                Perhaps some of you can remember being obsessed by
                some thought that wouldn't leave you. I'm talking
                about something very powerful that doesn't normally
                occur. Something fanatical or causing extreme emotions
                for a long time. If you haven't had this you may have
                heard how political extremists or religious terrorists
                feel. Their thought form has become so strong they are
                possessed by it. The thought form is extremely dynamic
                and demands all their attention and energy. It doesn't
                give a damn about its enslaved human being; all it
                wants is more food, i.e. thoughts and emotions. It can
                quite easily lead to the death of the slave, as in
                terrorism. This thought form has a consciousness, but
                this extends only to ways to get more food. It doesn't
                reason in any way, its consciousness is "automatic" in
                the sense of just wanting more for itself.

                Well our higher self could be compared to this in some
                ways. It just wants to prompt us to feed it, and in
                return we get the satisfaction of pursuing our desires
                etc. Not that we have any choice. Everything we call
                our character is the result of what our higher self
                has poured into us. That's what I mean by
                "projection".

                Although our lives may be very noble and spiritual,
                it's still what the higher self has projected into us.
                And the whole higher self, of every single human being
                in this fallen universe, is outside the divine plan.
                And anything that exists outside of the divine plan is
                called "sin". Seen in this light, sin takes on a
                totally different meaning. We live in the universe of
                sin. This is not shocking; it just explains why things
                are always going wrong, why there are terrorists
                decapitating people right now, why there are always
                wars and diseases and natural disasters. This whole
                universe is a vast prison where the divine plan does
                not operate.

                That is, until Harry is born. As soon as the inner
                Rose or Lily or Lotus opens up, an astral force of a
                MUCH HIGHER VIBRATION that the higher self can master,
                enters our microcosm. This force is inimical to the
                higher self, because it's like a fire that burns the
                higher self. It cannot control it; it's outside of its
                jurisdiction so to speak. This is why Voldemort hates
                Harry. Harry personifies a new force in the microcosm
                that will burn up the higher self. If you can imagine
                how powerful one single thought form can be, just
                imagine all the thoughts and desires you've had over
                hundreds of incarnations, all bundled up into one
                mighty concentration that will fight to the death to
                preserve itself.

                That's Voldemort/Lucifer. From the point of view of
                the divine plan Voldemort is "evil", because he is the
                sum total of all our actions in the past millennia
                that have been outside of the divine plan. I
                personally prefer the word "erroneous".

                Now just to get back to a comment at the beginning of
                your question. You were asking, I think, whether I
                mean the same by spirit and spark. No, I don't. The
                Spirit is the omnipresent "mind" (I can't think of a
                better word) of God. It is the opposite of matter. It
                is everywhere at once and has absolutely no
                restrictions whatsoever. It's imperceptible and
                totally unlike anything we can perceive. It's what Lao
                Tzu calls "Tao". If you can see it, it's not spirit.
                If you can feel it, it's not spirit. If it's had a
                beginning it's not spirit. I guess only negatives can
                describe it, which doesn't help a lot. But I want to
                tell you something wonderful and miraculous and
                marvellous: Harry can perceive the Spirit. Why?
                Because the Spirit created Harry, the new soul. Harry
                is the "spark" of the Spirit. Harry's glorious future,
                when all his tribulations are finished, is to be
                reunited with the spirit. Whenever he wants to, Harry
                will be able to raise himself up into the Plane of the
                Spirit and open himself up to it. And the Spirit will
                enter him, and he will know the ultimate, total, utter
                Truth. He will know his purpose, and he will enter
                into the absolute, mind-blowing, blissfully ecstatic
                Peace that surpasses all understanding. That is what
                Jo Rowling is telling us with her consciousness that
                reaches beyond what we can imagine. And that is our
                future if we allow Harry to be born in us. Thanks Jo!

                Am I contradicting myself again? Call it a paradox.

                Hans wrote:
                >Just like the Creation itself, the microcosm has
                seven planes of existence in which the human being
                should become fully conscious. Because of the Fall,
                both the higher self and the lower self became
                "kindled in wrath" as Jacob Boehme puts it. The lower
                and higher self are reflections of each other and if
                the lower self transgresses the divine laws, the
                higher self shares the consequences.<

                Marianna:
[...]

                Hans' response now:
                The microcosm has seven planes. To get back to my
                original visual picture: imagine the microcosm again
                as a glass sphere, but this time imagine seven
                spheres, one inside the other. Stretch your
                imagination beyond its limits and imagine that these
                spheres are all the same size. Each glass sphere is
                the same size, and takes up the same space.
                Impossible? Well imagine that each sphere is made of a
                different type of glass that vibrates at a different
                rate. Imagine that you're in the glass sphere and by
                taking a lift you can go to another sphere. Only the
                lift doesn't physically go upwards, but increases in
                vibration rate, so you're actually within the same
                location. What I'm saying is that different spheres of
                life can exist in the same location without touching
                each other.

                Each of these spheres in turn has seven planes of
                density: physical, etheric, astral, mental, and the
                three levels of consciousness. The ultimate aim of the
                human being is to become conscious in all these 49
                planes at once.

                The path to liberation is not part of the divine plan.
                It's the way to get BACK to the divine plan. The
                "sinful" creation (don't take that the wrong way) has
                to be replaced by the new lower self (Harry) and the
                new higher self (Sirius). This is what's meant by, "He
                who gives up his life for my sake shall keep it."

                The path of liberation leads to the SIXTH sphere, out
                of the seventh. This is all very cryptic, but please
                be patient, I will explain everything to the best of
                my ability in my future posts.

                The lower self has seven vehicles: physical, etheric,
                astral, mental, and the three planes of consciousness.
                As far as I know the higher self is purely astral.

                Hans wrote:
                >When the microcosm "fell" in vibration rate and so
                entered this universe of time and space, the higher
                self kept losing its counterpart, the lower self,
                through death.<

                Marianna:
                So, the higher self cannot die, but the lower self
                can... (makes sense with an emotional-physical
                picture) ...meaning that the emotional self of the
                spirit remained in whatever fallen state it had been
                in, throughout multiple incarnations of the physical
                self. Correct? This would all be in a long-term
                emotional effort of liberation, and the successes
                gained or lost in one life would be where the next
                began. An interesting picture of reincarnation here.

                Hans now:
                That's right, the higher self is immortal. That's why
                Voldemort is said to be immortal. He cannot be
                killed... except by harry. He has the power to
                vanquish the dark lord.

                The spirit withdrew from the microcosm during the
                fall. That's why things gradually got worse. Once the
                spirit leaves you, you're in the dark. Really
                liberation could be summed up as the re-entry of the
                spirit into the microcosm. The thought-spark of the
                spirit, began to stop glowing during the fall. The
                lily withdrew into its petals. The soul became mortal
                then.

                I'm going to leave it there for the time being. I'll
                get back to the other questions as soon as possible.
                The confusion is mainly a question of what is meant by
                different terms.

                Many thanks for the tremendous effort you've put into
                your questions. Please do keep asking. This is not
                only wonderful stuff for discussion and for
                understanding what Harry Potter is trying to tell us,
                but could even help us find the way Harry is going.

                http://au.movies.yahoo.com
              • Marianna Marinda
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 16 4:32 PM
                  I'm getting the sense that the whole microcosm that you are describing,
                  centered around the spirit-spark, is all a thought form of the spirit to
                  begin with. Is that what you are getting at?

                  As far as the inner & outer (higher & lower as you call it) parts of the
                  microcosm, your description brings up a picture of the effects of a static
                  electricity machine, in coordination with spiritual aura illustrations I've
                  seen. Interesting, to say the least. Your description is much clearer than
                  it was before, Thanks.

                  I am finding this very interesting, mostly to the end that I am working to
                  identify how these thoughts can shed light on my own observations and
                  integrate properly into a better sense of how everything works together. I
                  find little bits and pieces of your descriptions to be familiar already,
                  much of it to spur consideration as to how it can be perceived and seen to
                  work together (even if confusing in the meantime), and some parts that just
                  (still) don't sit right to me the way you have explained them. :) That's
                  the way it goes.

                  Hans wrote:
                  >The higher self is personified by Voldemort or
                  Lucifer, as I have stated in my theory.<

                  This is the core of what still doesn't sit right with me. The terminology
                  doesn't fit: 'Higher' too often suggests more enlightenment and godly
                  power, and this description just _doesn't_ fit Voldemort/Lucifer at all. I
                  think 'greater' _might_ be able to apply, in the way that I see they do
                  represent (personify) the total _quantity_ of influences/perspectives (good
                  or bad) we inherit upon birth into form (and which we understand to be a
                  given, forgetting our true natures). It would be a reference to a
                  whole-society self as compared to an individual self- a mass identity.
                  Also, this 'higher self', as you've described it, does extend out in a
                  'greater' (assuming a perspective of quantity) sphere around the center
                  spark. The lower self would again be a reference to an individual identity.
                  Does this make sense to you? It might not work with your explanation, but
                  it is another thought at least. So much depends on perspective!

                  I remember an observation of the rainbow... (I hope I am remembering it
                  correctly) When there are 2 rainbows in the sky, one is actually a mirror
                  of the other. The inner one is brightest, being the directly reflected
                  rainbow. The outer one, though 'greater', is not as bright- it is the
                  reflection. It has been said that the rainbow (after the flood of Noah)
                  would be a sign of hope, a guide. Well, as I see it, if one looks at this
                  pair of rainbows with a perspective that brighter is better, and power is in
                  light... Blue/purple is the most powerful color edge of the rainbow, and on
                  the bright inner arc it points within (to the center of the rainbow arc)- so
                  the observer might take home the message that their spiritual growth best
                  lies within. On the other hand, to someone observing with a perspective
                  that more is better (quantity), and power is in form... Red (blood) would
                  seem the most powerful color side, and the outer rainbow is the 'greater'...
                  On which band red points to the inside also. Theoretically, both
                  perspectives receive the message to look within, though only when the
                  rainbow is most clear. Voldemort (looking for red) must not see the second
                  rainbow. I always thought this was interesting, anyway.

                  Otherwise, trying to understand this all from your perspective is not
                  working for me (I don't see it from there to begin with, of course!), and so
                  I hope you'll forgive that it wouldn't work for me to go through every
                  detail that you have so generously explained. Actually, I am feeling rather
                  weary right now with the sheer complexity of thorough perspective
                  communication (not specific to this venue or topic!). I am sorry for not
                  responding more completely. In any case, thanks for the time _you_ have
                  taken in the explanation!

                  :)
                  Marianna

                  P.S. I have been feeling the need to take a sabbatical from the pressures
                  of many of the welcome (yet energy-consuming) distractions of my life
                  (including e-mailing). As much as I truly enjoy the community & discussion
                  here, I hope all of you will pardon me for stepping out of the participation
                  picture for a while (indefinite period; months) as I gather and focus my
                  energies. This personal need has been building for a while; please forgive
                  the suddenness of my acting upon it.

                  I want to say thank you to every one for the wonderful ideas, observations,
                  and philosophical connections that are regularly presented here- so many
                  more than I have responded to; I wish I could have more fairly responded to
                  everyone. My heart is with you; please accept my best wishes, blessings,
                  and gratitude for your own seeker efforts.

                  Lovingly,
                  Marianna
                • Aldo Cauchi Savona
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 17 5:56 AM
                    Hi Marianna,

                    Let me try explaining from a scientific perspecive of the microcosm.
                    Ill start off with a purely scientific approach based on what we can
                    see an feel at the moment.

                    Ill also mention that everybody is different so each one may need
                    something different to help him understand something. I was into
                    astrology so some knowledge from there helped me, but my brother,
                    being a rather scientific guy once said that one of the laws of
                    Thermodynamics helped him, and all i know about that is it has
                    something to do with physics!
                    --

                    Let us start off with the human body that we can all see and feel.
                    Scientifically speaking the physical body is surrounded by a magnetic

                    This magnetic field surrounding the body, is actually not one, but
                    many fields (the correct abmount i forgot); each having a different
                    magnetic intensity. You can imagine these fields as lying on top of
                    each other with the most dense being closest to the body and the least
                    dense being furthest away from the body.

                    With a properly calibrated magnetic camera you can capture this
                    magnetic field and it will depict the different magnetic intensities
                    in different colours.

                    These magnetic fields are what spiritualists (i think that's the term)
                    call 'The Aura'. It also happens that some people are able to 'see' or
                    are receptive to these fields. (some people say that we all could see
                    auras when we were children but lost the ability when we were told
                    that these fancy colours dont exist...)

                    From my understanding of the microcosm, all this (i.e the physical
                    body plus the aura) forms the Personality (1);

                    Surrounding the Personality is an etheric being; 'The Higher Self' (2)
                    the description and make-up of which is beyond me at the moment.

                    Deep inside the Personality lies what the Gnostic philosophy calls
                    the "Spirit-Spark" or the Lotus, Rose, Lilly, etc (3).

                    Thus the microcosm is made up of three parts (or entities) that at a
                    certain point in time were (and hopefully one day again) will be
                    working together towards a common goal.

                    As you correctly mentioned, 'The Higher Self' can be seen as good or
                    "evil" based on perspective. From the Gnostic perspective, The Higher
                    Self is "evil" in that it is no longer working in tune to the original
                    goal, Plan, Tao, whatever you would like to call it. Its current goal
                    is its own maintenance in this world and as such, against the original
                    divine plan.

                    That's what i understand of microcosm so far, which by far not
                    complete and may possibly have some errors (which people are welcome
                    to correct or fill in :).

                    Kind Regards
                    Aldo
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 17 12:07 PM
                      Marianna wrote (starting with a quote from me):
                      >The higher self is personified by Voldemort or
                      Lucifer, as I have stated in my theory.<

                      This is the core of what still doesn't sit right with
                      me. The terminology doesn't fit: 'Higher' too often
                      suggests more enlightenment and godly power, and this
                      description just _doesn't_ fit Voldemort/Lucifer at
                      all. I think 'greater' _might_ be able to apply, in
                      the way that I see they do represent (personify) the
                      total _quantity_ of influences/perspectives (good
                      or bad) we inherit upon birth into form.

                      Hans:
                      You're absolutely right there. There is in fact
                      nothing "Higher" about the higher self. I have used
                      this term only because there is no official name for
                      it. The term, "He who must not be named" has a deep,
                      unsuspected significance! For he IS nameless!

                      The term "higher self" is Theosophical but it is in
                      fact a misnomer, as you have pointed out. Perhaps we
                      should call it the "permanent self" or microcosmic
                      self". The Rosicrucians call it the "auric being".

                      I think I'll stick to the original term, though, as it
                      would just confuse to change now. However it's
                      absolutely amazing to me that the most important force
                      in our lives, our own personal indwelling, resident
                      god, the preserver of our character, our karma, our
                      fate, who is our Satan when we want to turn around and
                      open up to Tao, is unknown to 6 thousand million
                      people, and as far as I know is not recognised by a
                      single official world religion. (He is of course often
                      mentioned in Gospels, fairy tales and other sacred
                      writings, but his presence is interpreted as being the
                      devil or similar creature.)

                      I wish Marianna a happy sabbatical and hope to see her
                      on board again as soon as she feels ready.

                      http://au.movies.yahoo.com