Assistant Professor Position at GSU

  • johnzhen_2000
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 23, 2010
      Dear Colleagues,

      I would like to share the following job announcement at GSU. Please feel free to contact our school or myself if you are of interest.

      Best regards,

      Shijun Zheng email: szheng@...

      The Department of Mathematical Sciences in the Allen E. Paulson College of Science and
      Technology invites nominations and applications for the position of Assistant Professor of
      Mathematics. Georgia Southern University (www.georgiasouthern.edu) is a member
      institution of the University System of Georgia and a Carnegie Doctoral Research University
      of approximately 20,000 students.

      Founded in 1906, the University has a nearly 700 acre park-like campus, which is located in Statesboro, a classic Main Street community near historic Savannah and Hilton Head Island. Within this setting, the Department of Mathematical Sciences contributes significantly to the mission of the University through scholarly endeavors, engagement of students and outreach to the community and the profession.

      The application deadline is October 11, 2010. The position starting date is August 1, 2011. A complete application consists of a letter of application; a curriculum vitae; three professional references; an unofficial transcript of all graduate work; a brief description of a commitment to excellence in teaching; and a brief description of planned research and scholarly activities. Applications (including three letters of recommendation) must be submitted through www.MathJobs.org. Georgia Southern University is an AA/EO
      institution.