Positions in Edinburgh/Heriot-Watt

  • Tony Carbery
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2007
      Dear Colleague,

      We would like to bring to your attention a number of positions
      available in the Maxwell Institute of the University of Edinburgh and
      Heriot-Watt University.

      The Maxwell Institute was formed just over a year ago, and has just
      been awarded a grant of over 3.4 million pounds by the EPSRC to set up and run
      a Centre for Mathematical Analysis and Nonlinear PDE. As part of
      the activities of this Centre, there will be six new positions to be
      shared between the two universities.

      Three positions will be held at each of the two universities. Three of
      the positions are permanent -- at the level of lecturer or higher in
      the case of suitably qualified candidates -- and three of them are 36
      month postdoctoral positions.

      The website with more details is:

      http://www.maxwell.ac.uk/vacancies.html

      or

      http://www.maths.ed.ac.uk/news/vacancies.html

      The closing date is 2nd February 2007.

      These positions represent an outstanding opportunity to enhance the
      position of analysis and nonlinear PDE in Edinburgh and the UK, and
      are part of an on-going commitment to these areas by the two
      universities and the UK funding council EPSRC.

      Should you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me.

      Yours,

      Tony Carbery