Sixth New Mexico Analysis Seminar

  • Cristina Pereyra
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 11, 2003
      Dear friends and colleagues,
      If you have not registered yet, please do it soon. Our electronic
      registration form is up and working:
      http://www.math.unm.edu/colloquia/forms/analysis.php
      Some of you have asked about preliminary scheduling, we don't have it yet.
      However for travelling plans suffices to know that we will start on
      Thursday March 6th at 3:30pm with the inaugural talk by Jill Pipher.
      Usually we try to finish on Saturday at noon, but it depends on the number
      of participants.
      Hope to see a good number of you in March!
      cristina

      March 6-8, 2003
      University of New Mexico
      Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA

      Main Speaker
      Jill Pipher, Brown University
      Lectures on "Boundary value problems for elliptic operators:
      a harmonic analysis approach to issues related to lack of smoothness."

      Information
      This seminar is organized each Spring by analysis
      aficionados at New Mexico State University and The University of New
      Mexico. The goal is to provide an opportunity for scientific exchange and
      cooperation among broadly defined analysts. The centerpiece of the
      seminar is a series of one-hour lectures given by a keynote
      speaker. There is time allocated for shorter contributed talks. If you
      would like to attend and /or give a talk, please contact one of the
      organizers by January 17, 2003. Doctoral students and recent Ph.D.s are
      specially encouraged to apply. The registration form can be found at:
      http://www.math.unm.edu/colloquia/forms/analysis.php

      The seminar is being sponsored by NSF. We will provide travel stipends
      for qualified graduate students. We intend to pay, at least partially,
      shared accommodations for all participants, and if there are funds left,
      we will reimburse some travel expenses to those participants who have no
      other sources of funding (priority given to speakers).

      Information about the conference will be posted at:
      http://www.math.unm.edu/conferences.php

      Organizers: Josefina Alvarez (jalvarez@...), Joseph Lakey
      (jlakey@...), Cristina Pereyra (crisp@...).

      *******