489Re: [harmonic] convolutions of restrictions of functions

  • opticsabru
    Jun 13, 2011
      My initial guess is those functions(f*g restricted to H and f restrict * g restrict) would differ by a compactly supported function in G.Hence their fourier transforms would vary by a entire, exponential function by paley wiener theorem. please 4give for any mistakes as i just made a guess..shall check into details and try coming up with a more precise ans :)

      --- In harmonicanalysis@yahoogroups.com, "lakshanyamath" <lakshanyamath@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for the answer. Reiter's book, which was mentioned by Mr. Shravan Kumar, relates a few properties of an integrable function on a locally compact abelian group and its restriction to a closed subgroup. But I could not find an answer to my question in this book. Infact the question arose after reading this book. I request for some more references or details.
      >

      > --- In harmonicanalysis@yahoogroups.com, shravan kumar <meet_shravan@> wrote:
      > >
      > > It is better to read Reiter's book on "Classical harmonic analysis and locally compact groups" which contains details on this.
      > >
      > > Shravan

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic