Patty Martinez - video

  • Lobo
    Message 1 of 10 , May 4, 2011
      Patty Martinez, the last person to win the U.S. National singles title using a hardbat (that was in 1969), is back in action:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWIOmvF6xM

      Patty was one of my inspirations to switch to and promote hardbat. Getting her back on the table was a nearly 10-year quest of mine.
    • csleff@aol.com
      Message 2 of 10 , May 4, 2011
        Scott,

        This was great TT to watch...she was and is great and no wonder you won the hardbat Nat'ls..you're terrific. It was so much fun watching the video of you and Patty. It looks like she would be competitive with anyone, man or woman using hardbat...keep up the great playing and keep those videos coming. LOL...Marv

        In a message dated 5/4/2011 5:58:08 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, sgordon@... writes:

        Patty Martinez, the last person to win the U.S. National singles title using a hardbat (that was in 1969), is back in action:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWIOmvF6xM

        Patty was one of my inspirations to switch to and promote hardbat. Getting her back on the table was a nearly 10-year quest of mine.

      • H Bbb
        Message 3 of 10 , May 4, 2011
          Geez Lobo,

          Patty makes it look so effortless.

          How you been? I have not played TT in a long time- since my 12/13/09 car accident and what it did to my right shoulder. No golf either. BUMMER.

          I did play poker with Peter Graves and Steve Garritano Saturday night.

          My best to your lovely lady. Hope to see you soon.

          HB

          Patty Martinez, the last person to win the U.S. National singles title using a hardbat (that was in 1969), is back in action:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWIOmvF6xM

          Patty was one of my inspirations to switch to and promote hardbat. Getting her back on the table was a nearly 10-year quest of mine.

        • timothy wright
          Message 4 of 10 , May 4, 2011
            Clayton,

            The guy she is playing is Scott Gordon. He has won the U2000 hardbat event several times. Rated about 1950. I played him at the nats and couldn't do anything. As you can see, he is hard to hit past.

            I played doubles with Scott at the nats one year. We lost to Marty and Steve Berger but we got 18 points in the second game. It was the best I played at the whole tournament.

            Tim

            Message 5 of 10 , May 4, 2011
              Thanx Scott. Great video.

              On May 4, 2011, at 2:58 PM, Lobo wrote:

              Patty Martinez, the last person to win the U.S. National singles title using a hardbat (that was in 1969), is back in action:

              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWIOmvF6xM

              Patty was one of my inspirations to switch to and promote hardbat. Getting her back on the table was a nearly 10-year quest of mine.

            • JohnF
              Message 6 of 10 , May 4, 2011
                Scott - thanks for getting Patty on video. The ball really accelerates off her bat and you did a great job playing defense. I really enjoyed it. - JohnF
              • Neven Duzevic
                Message 7 of 10 , May 5, 2011
                  nice video, promotes hardbat well!

                  Message 8 of 10 , May 5, 2011
                    great video scot !
                    so this is patty , good to see more players coming back.

                    xxxxxx

                    guys im right now with oskie here in rotterdam , netherland . ittf sports science congress and to watch the table tennis world championship.

                    in this sports science congress ,our thesis is, we speak about what we have experienced in the U.S. about - the hardbat play and the liha. and the given ceremony in U.S. open.

                    i think houshang will be here to meet with us. the iranian that had made it to your hall of fame which holds a barna hardbat , i think i will play up some hardbat with him.

                    xxxxxxxxxx

                    also whats out for may issue of usatt magazine, there is a blow up picture of our champ of hardbat of philippines.

                    pete

                    --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "Lobo" <sgordon@...> wrote:

                    > Patty Martinez, the last person to win the U.S. National singles title using a hardbat (that was in 1969), is back in action:
                    >
                    > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZWIOmvF6xM
                    >
                    > Patty was one of my inspirations to switch to and promote hardbat. Getting her back on the table was a nearly 10-year quest of mine.

                  • Boneman
                    Message 9 of 10 , May 5, 2011
                      Now that was some excellent viewing. Great points there!

                      Outstanding efforts from both players!

                      Later!

                      Larry "Boneman" Bone
                      Dingmans Ferry, PA, USA
                      80421
                    • dnorman
                      Message 10 of 10 , May 7, 2011
                        Scott,

                        great classic hardbat rallies! Patty has the classic hardbat attack strokes....close to the table....mostly forearm...nice drop shot. Is she going to play in Milwaukee?