Re: liha competition philippines

  • kusangloob
    Message 1 of 27 , Nov 3, 2008
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXV8E4NzVrw

      here guys.
      championship game on liha
      hardcore liha -----------raw force !!!
      new on youtube

      pete

      xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

      --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@...> wrote:

      > sample again of filipino liha play that we made for the past
      few
      > days of the tournament and on going.
      >
      > somebody film it. and put in youtube.
      > tommorrow is our championship for liha
      >
      > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eCvLX_GSIU
      >
      > tell me what you think guys?
      >
      > these are exposures now of whats been happening inside
      philippines
      > archipelago for the past 80 years of liha "refinement"
      >
      > pete

    • Robert Palgon
      Message 2 of 27 , Nov 3, 2008
        Great stuff!  Beautiful strokes, gorgeous footwork.  The whole thing is really sweet.  A pleasure to watch.

        To: hardbat@yahoogroups.com
        From: kusangloob@...
        Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:35:47 +0000
        Subject: [hardbat] Re: liha competition philippines

        http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=WXV8E4NzVrw

        here guys.
        championship game on liha
        hardcore liha -----------raw force !!!
        new on youtube

        pete

        xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x

        --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@ ...> wrote:

        > sample again of filipino liha play that we made for the past
        few
        > days of the tournament and on going.
        >
        > somebody film it. and put in youtube.
        > tommorrow is our championship for liha
        >
        > http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=0eCvLX_ GSIU
        >
        > tell me what you think guys?
        >
        > these are exposures now of whats been happening inside
        philippines
        > archipelago for the past 80 years of liha "refinement"
        >
        > pete

      • Robert Palgon
        Message 3 of 27 , Nov 3, 2008
          Pete -- a table tennis friend of mine, Andy Abad, an American of
          Filipino extraction, emailed me after seeing your videos -- and my
          reaction to them -- and wondered whether I had caught the difference
          in these videos between conventional hardbat play and that of liha --
          especially insofar as the serve and return are concerned.

          Andy said that in liha you can catch the ping pong ball on service or
          return, and throw the ball back to your opponent indicating you want a
          re-serve or re-return, without suffering any penalty, as a way of
          taking the serve or initial return out of the game as a point-maker.
          (In the videos, I thought I saw a serve being caught and thrown back,
          followed by another serve as a do-over, but I wasn't sure.)

          Also, Andy said in his memory, liha players do not alternate serves
          every five points as we in hardbat do, but rather the player nearest
          where the ball lands on the floor gets to serve next.

          On both counts, Pete, is Andy correct?

          Robert Palgon

          --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, Robert Palgon <robertpalgon@...> wrote:

          > Great stuff! Beautiful strokes, gorgeous footwork. The whole thing
          is really sweet. A pleasure to watch.

          > To: hardbat@yahoogroups.com
          > From: kusangloob@...
          > Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:35:47 +0000
          > Subject: [hardbat] Re: liha competition philippines

          > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXV8E4NzVrw
          >

          > here guys.
          >
          > championship game on liha
          >
          > hardcore liha -----------raw force !!!
          >
          > new on youtube
          >

          > pete
          >

          > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
          >

          > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@> wrote:
          >

          > > sample again of filipino liha play that we made for the past
          >
          > few
          >
          > > days of the tournament and on going.
          >

          > > somebody film it. and put in youtube.
          >
          > > tommorrow is our championship for liha
          >

          > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eCvLX_GSIU
          >

          > > tell me what you think guys?
          >

          > > these are exposures now of whats been happening inside
          >
          > philippines
          >
          > > archipelago for the past 80 years of liha "refinement"
          >

          > > pete

        • kusangloob
          Message 4 of 27 , Nov 3, 2008
            yes you are right in both counts
            im only trying to play their ways
            these are the old ways
            its called:
            "easy serve easy return "

            i came from rubber sponge
            but find more health benefits reasons in liha play
            so i set up these national tourney

            for me this is suppose to be the way !
            i dont exactly am use to it , i must admit... but after a little
            thought,they make sense.

            -------------

            meaning : you beat me in real knuckle to kncukle fight
            dont use any 'hocus pocus '. like tryign to serve funny ways which
            may ended the game immediately ! thats not the point to all this
            liha play
            rubber sponge is like that. this thing should separate from the
            principle of the sponge/rubber way. which do ends game right
            quick
            if you want "quick" win , you go to sponge/rubber- not here.

            so in liha you must come ready fist to fist fight ,like old time
            gladiator face to face
            not new hi tech with new "weapons"

            i stll got a lot to learn from my colleague "lihadors" here i must
            admit.

            but meantime, im sweating 3 t shirts in liha compare to just 1
            shirt in sponge, which ended me in aches and pains the following day
            but in liha i can play everyday and this means more sweat for my
            health minus the aches and pains in the arm the
            following day. hehe------- so this type of renaisance sport serves
            me well. adn serves as a "fallback " option for peole who find
            rubber play abit fast or expensive now. it jsut a variat nothting
            more nothing less

            anyway hope that anwser your 'service' question . and we stick to
            38 mm balls - not within the grasp of so called new rules. old
            must stay old to deserve to be called "vintage." i know its weird
            but love it.

            pete

            xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            wrote:

            > Pete -- a table tennis friend of mine, Andy Abad, an American of
            > Filipino extraction, emailed me after seeing your videos -- and my
            > reaction to them -- and wondered whether I had caught the
            difference
            > in these videos between conventional hardbat play and that of
            liha --
            > especially insofar as the serve and return are concerned.
            >
            > Andy said that in liha you can catch the ping pong ball on service
            or
            > return, and throw the ball back to your opponent indicating you
            want a
            > re-serve or re-return, without suffering any penalty, as a way of
            > taking the serve or initial return out of the game as a point-
            maker.
            > (In the videos, I thought I saw a serve being caught and thrown
            back,
            > followed by another serve as a do-over, but I wasn't sure.)
            >
            > Also, Andy said in his memory, liha players do not alternate serves
            > every five points as we in hardbat do, but rather the player
            nearest
            > where the ball lands on the floor gets to serve next.
            >
            > On both counts, Pete, is Andy correct?
            >
            > Robert Palgon
            >
            > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, Robert Palgon <robertpalgon@>
            wrote:

            > > Great stuff! Beautiful strokes, gorgeous footwork. The whole
            thing
            > is really sweet. A pleasure to watch.
            > >
            > > To: hardbat@yahoogroups.com
            > > From: kusangloob@
            > > Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 15:35:47 +0000
            > > Subject: [hardbat] Re: liha competition philippines

            > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXV8E4NzVrw
            > >

            > > here guys.
            > >
            > > championship game on liha
            > >
            > > hardcore liha -----------raw force !!!
            > >
            > > new on youtube
            > >

            > > pete
            > >

            > > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
            > >

            > > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@> wrote:
            > >

            > > > sample again of filipino liha play that we made for the
            past

            > > few
            > >
            > > > days of the tournament and on going.
            > >

            > > > somebody film it. and put in youtube.
            > >
            > > > tommorrow is our championship for liha
            > >

            > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eCvLX_GSIU
            > >

            > > > tell me what you think guys?
            > >

            > > > these are exposures now of whats been happening inside
            > >
            > > philippines
            > >
            > > > archipelago for the past 80 years of liha "refinement"
            > >

            > > > pete

          • kusangloob
            Message 5 of 27 , Nov 3, 2008
              PLEASE FORGIVE ME FOR TELLING THIS :

              i pity mr. abad
              he is being told to play, adjust to a racket he is not' use to '
              to be accepted "in" the group.
              for me thats not suppose to be.

              we have a hidden RICH RICH RICH culture here. - in liha
              something ive seen./and experience even way im yet a kid and im
              proud
              good i live now in the high tech world now that at least i can
              show now to
              the world what mr abad means way back then
              hope hope peole there can grasp it now.!!!

              actually its suppose to mr abad who should teach peole there in
              liha and not the other way around
              he is attached to great lihadors fraternity here in the philipines,
              but at first what is philipines and what is liha or lihadors ?
              actually nothiing in table tennis world
              though most guys playing these type of racket are of lower
              income people here but they are good and yet "flexible " players
              and rackets like that serves better for third world countires like
              us , come to think of it.

              what you see in the utube are filipios players
              who many are champion both in rubber sponge and liha
              something which i think not many players in the world can do.
              they are "paranormal" if i were to describe it.haha
              this yet a country whcih you can request one player to play
              sponge o n the right hand side of the court and later ask him to
              play liha to others too o n the left hand side of the court.
              tell me if there are many players like that in the world who can
              perform such feat. who can easily adjust from one type of bat
              to other adn yet sty cahmpion. who got almost opposite "ball
              science " to start with and so depending on what type of bat you
              want to play first ? I call this " dual citizenship " hehe we have
              many guys like this here.

              pete

            • Reverend Gordon
              Message 6 of 27 , Nov 3, 2008
                Incredible stuff. This gives a glimpse of how table tennis might have
                evolved if sponge hadn't been allowed. The mix of attack and defense
                is fabulous - how the game should be. Maybe it's time for a
                Sacramento liha fest!!?

                Lobo

                --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@...> wrote:

                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXV8E4NzVrw
                >
                > here guys.
                > championship game on liha
                > hardcore liha -----------raw force !!!
                > new on youtube
                >
                > pete
                >
                > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                >

                > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@> wrote:
                > >
                > > sample again of filipino liha play that we made for the past
                > few
                > > days of the tournament and on going.
                > >
                > > somebody film it. and put in youtube.
                > > tommorrow is our championship for liha
                > >
                > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eCvLX_GSIU
                > >
                > > tell me what you think guys?
                > >
                > > these are exposures now of whats been happening inside
                > philippines
                > > archipelago for the past 80 years of liha "refinement"
                > >
                > > pete

              • kusangloob
                Message 7 of 27 , Nov 4, 2008
                  another weird thing is
                  one other thing

                  you can use your hands /arms to hold on to the table for your body
                  balance - its legal.

                  tell you its indeed weird . ahahahah

                  pete
                • HANIF M KARIM
                  Message 8 of 27 , Nov 4, 2008
                    I have not yet found a satisfactory hardbat racket, are we expecting some people selling at the U.S open in Las Vegas?
                    Thanks
                    Mike

                    Incredible stuff. This gives a glimpse of how table tennis might have
                    evolved if sponge hadn't been allowed. The mix of attack and defense
                    is fabulous - how the game should be. Maybe it's time for a
                    Sacramento liha fest!!?

                    Lobo

                    --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@ ...> wrote:

                    > http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=WXV8E4NzVrw
                    >
                    > here guys.
                    > championship game on liha
                    > hardcore liha -----------raw force !!!
                    > new on youtube
                    >
                    > pete
                    >
                    > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
                    >

                    > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@ > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > sample again of filipino liha play that we made for the past
                    > few
                    > > days of the tournament and on going.
                    > >
                    > > somebody film it. and put in youtube.
                    > > tommorrow is our championship for liha
                    > >
                    > > http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=0eCvLX_ GSIU
                    > >
                    > > tell me what you think guys?
                    > >
                    > > these are exposures now of whats been happening inside
                    > philippines
                    > > archipelago for the past 80 years of liha "refinement"
                    > >
                    > > pete

                  • Robert Palgon
                    Message 9 of 27 , Nov 4, 2008
                      Mike, Marty Reisman will be there with hardbat rackets to sell ... I imagine Albert Prieto will be there and selling rackets as well.

                      Bob

                      To: hardbat@yahoogroups.com
                      From: mikkarrr@...
                      Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:09:53 -0800
                      Subject: Re: [hardbat] Re: liha competition philippines

                      I have not yet found a satisfactory hardbat racket, are we expecting some people selling at the U.S open in Las Vegas?
                      Thanks
                      Mike

                      Incredible stuff. This gives a glimpse of how table tennis might have
                      evolved if sponge hadn't been allowed. The mix of attack and defense
                      is fabulous - how the game should be. Maybe it's time for a
                      Sacramento liha fest!!?

                      Lobo

                      --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@ ...> wrote:

                      > http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=WXV8E4NzVrw
                      >
                      > here guys.
                      > championship game on liha
                      > hardcore liha -----------raw force !!!
                      > new on youtube
                      >
                      > pete
                      >
                      > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
                      >

                      > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@ > wrote:
                      > >
                      > > sample again of filipino liha play that we made for the past
                      > few
                      > > days of the tournament and on going.
                      > >
                      > > somebody film it. and put in youtube.
                      > > tommorrow is our championship for liha
                      > >
                      > > http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=0eCvLX_ GSIU
                      > >
                      > > tell me what you think guys?
                      > >
                      > > these are exposures now of whats been happening inside
                      > philippines
                      > > archipelago for the past 80 years of liha "refinement"
                      > >
                      > > pete

                    • HANIF M KARIM
                      Message 10 of 27 , Nov 4, 2008
                        Thanks Bob.

                        To: hardbat@yahoogroups .com
                        From: mikkarrr@pacbell. net
                        Date: Tue, 4 Nov 2008 15:09:53 -0800

                        I have not yet found a satisfactory hardbat racket, are we expecting some people selling at the U.S open in Las Vegas?
                        Thanks
                        Mike

                        Incredible stuff. This gives a glimpse of how table tennis might have
                        evolved if sponge hadn't been allowed. The mix of attack and defense
                        is fabulous - how the game should be. Maybe it's time for a
                        Sacramento liha fest!!?

                        Lobo

                        --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@ ...> wrote:

                        > http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=WXV8E4NzVrw
                        >
                        > here guys.
                        > championship game on liha
                        > hardcore liha -----------raw force !!!
                        > new on youtube
                        >
                        > pete
                        >
                        > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x
                        >

                        > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@ > wrote:
                        > >
                        > > sample again of filipino liha play that we made for the past
                        > few
                        > > days of the tournament and on going.
                        > >
                        > > somebody film it. and put in youtube.
                        > > tommorrow is our championship for liha
                        > >
                        > > http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=0eCvLX_ GSIU
                        > >
                        > > tell me what you think guys?
                        > >
                        > > these are exposures now of whats been happening inside
                        > philippines
                        > > archipelago for the past 80 years of liha "refinement"
                        > >
                        > > pete

                      • Jay Turberville
                        Message 11 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
                          FWIW, I'm finding that my Donic Waldner All-Play makes a perfectly good
                          hardbat blade when using Dr. Evil rubber. I think that what makes a
                          good hardbat depends a lot on how you intend to play with it and it
                          doesn't have to be made as a variation on a Hock or other traditional
                          hardbat.

                          But whatever your preference, I suspect that Vegas is probably your
                          best opportunity to get your hands on some rackets to try and that may
                          be what's most important. Once you find what you like, then you can go
                          about the task of buying it - though there should be lots of
                          opportunities to purchase in Vegas as well.

                          Jay Turberville
                          www.jayandwanda.com
                        • Jay Turberville
                          Message 12 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
                            > Mike, Marty Reisman will be there with hardbat rackets to sell ... I
                            imagine Albert Prieto will be there and selling rackets as well.

                            Alberto's website (valortabletennis.com) says that he'll be there.

                            Jay Turberville
                            www.jayandwanda.com
                          • John Lam
                            Message 13 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
                              Vegas is a good place to start. I think it takes weeks if not longer to find out if the
                              blade is right for you. Especially hardbat where your playing opportunities are fewer
                              compared to sponge play. It also depends on your level of play.

                              jl

                              To: hardbat@yahoogroups.com
                              From: jay@...
                              Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:03:22 +0000

                              FWIW, I'm finding that my Donic Waldner All-Play makes a perfectly good
                              hardbat blade when using Dr. Evil rubber. I think that what makes a
                              good hardbat depends a lot on how you intend to play with it and it
                              doesn't have to be made as a variation on a Hock or other traditional
                              hardbat.

                              But whatever your preference, I suspect that Vegas is probably your
                              best opportunity to get your hands on some rackets to try and that may
                              be what's most important. Once you find what you like, then you can go
                              about the task of buying it - though there should be lots of
                              opportunities to purchase in Vegas as well.

                              Jay Turberville
                              www.jayandwanda. com

                              Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster. Sign up today.
                            • kusangloob
                              Message 14 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
                                filipino liha rule in the serve
                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                dont you see some strange reaction in the video in their serve. ?
                                its called:

                                EASY SERVE EASY RETURN - rule

                                you can snatch the ball up when the opponent serve and toss it back
                                to him
                                as if saying i dont want your serve
                                serve it "correctly " please before you start to hit yours.
                                a rule that i myself dont know who started it.
                                its been done for decades.

                                xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                                but the point is
                                nobody makes a point from serve
                                unlike rubber where you intentionally win points using serve.
                                points are earn by players in hard duel not right at the begiining
                                using strategical serve
                                yes i know its strange.
                                me who came from rubber find this very strange.
                                -----------------
                                but the purpose is clear.
                                win me in proper duel - not serve
                                'serve winning ' makes the game short.
                                liha players wish to be beaten in proper duel not serve
                                and not
                                " hard serve easy winning" - theory , just the opposite theory in
                                sponge rubber.
                                so you jsut serve" properly" not even open palm tossing the ball
                                and ill toss it back to you if i see the ball not my taste during
                                the serve.

                                xxxxxxxxxx

                                there was also a time before, way back
                                where, serve are serve in ther right side always of opponent side
                                using
                                "tennis type of serve"
                                just one bounce ! to the right side and you can also snatch it ,
                                toss it back if you dont like.
                                telling him to serve "correctly" on your right - oh boy that
                                vintage. !!!
                                this is the place where you find "vintage" game - left out by time.
                                govern only by conscience of " fair play fair duel " by "primitive "
                                warriors
                                see how they play now, tell me if they look primitive in thier
                                stroke now
                                with these counter smashes.------ ahahah

                                "advance sponge mentality of attack play "applied now using
                                difficult primitive weapons to execute even those counter smsahes
                                way out of the table.

                                for me - thats a big WOW!!!

                                pete

                                xxxxxxxxxxxx

                                --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, John Lam <jt99sf@...> wrote:

                                > Vegas is a good place to start. I think it takes weeks if not
                                longer to find out if the
                                > blade is right for you. Especially hardbat where your playing
                                opportunities are fewer
                                > compared to sponge play. It also depends on your level of play.
                                >
                                > jl
                                >

                                > To: hardbat@...: jay@...: Wed, 5 Nov 2008 16:03:22 +0000Subject:
                                [hardbat] Re: liha competition philippines

                                > FWIW, I'm finding that my Donic Waldner All-Play makes a perfectly
                                good hardbat blade when using Dr. Evil rubber. I think that what
                                makes a good hardbat depends a lot on how you intend to play with it
                                and it doesn't have to be made as a variation on a Hock or other
                                traditional hardbat.But whatever your preference, I suspect that
                                Vegas is probably your best opportunity to get your hands on some
                                rackets to try and that may be what's most important. Once you find
                                what you like, then you can go about the task of buying it - though
                                there should be lots of opportunities to purchase in Vegas as well.
                                Jay Turbervillewww.jayandwanda.com

                                > Windows Live Hotmail now works up to 70% faster.
                                > http://windowslive.com/Explore/Hotmail?
                                ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_hotmail_acq_faster_112008

                              • kusangloob
                                Message 15 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
                                  come on start a lihafest - gordon
                                  or atleast , at least a exhitbition games to start with in hardbat
                                  tourney
                                  pls. start it.

                                  i know many filipinos there who are good at liha living in
                                  california
                                  they just happen to feel like hiding it - how unfortunate!!!!

                                  i kept telling them , close to already scolding them
                                  they jsut felt "inferior' about it -oh boy!

                                  pete

                                  xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                                  --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "Reverend Gordon" <sgordon@...>
                                  wrote:

                                  > Incredible stuff. This gives a glimpse of how table tennis might
                                  have
                                  > evolved if sponge hadn't been allowed. The mix of attack and
                                  defense
                                  > is fabulous - how the game should be. Maybe it's time for a
                                  > Sacramento liha fest!!?
                                  >
                                  > Lobo
                                  >
                                  > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXV8E4NzVrw
                                  > >
                                  > > here guys.
                                  > > championship game on liha
                                  > > hardcore liha -----------raw force !!!
                                  > > new on youtube
                                  > >
                                  > > pete
                                  > >
                                  > > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                  > >

                                  > > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@> wrote:
                                  > > >
                                  > > > sample again of filipino liha play that we made for the
                                  past
                                  > > few
                                  > > > days of the tournament and on going.
                                  > > >
                                  > > > somebody film it. and put in youtube.
                                  > > > tommorrow is our championship for liha
                                  > > >
                                  > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0eCvLX_GSIU
                                  > > >
                                  > > > tell me what you think guys?
                                  > > >
                                  > > > these are exposures now of whats been happening inside
                                  > > philippines
                                  > > > archipelago for the past 80 years of liha "refinement"
                                  > > >
                                  > > > pete

                                • Reverend Gordon
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
                                    Tell them to introduce themselves here... they shouldn't worry about
                                    people laughing at them... we hardbatters are used to that. :) And WE
                                    would not laugh at them, of course. Actually, in California there are
                                    so many hardbat players that the sponge players are used to us and
                                    usually treat us with respect.

                                    About 5 years ago we had a sandpaper tournament in the bay area - so
                                    there are people here who would play. Probably without the betting,
                                    though! If we can organize one again, it would be good to use the
                                    exact liha rules. I like that service rule a lot!!!

                                  • timothy wright
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
                                      That service rule rocks. How civilized!

                                      On Nov 5, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Reverend Gordon wrote:

                                      Tell them to introduce themselves here... they shouldn't worry about
                                      people laughing at them... we hardbatters are used to that. :) And WE
                                      would not laugh at them, of course. Actually, in California there are
                                      so many hardbat players that the sponge players are used to us and
                                      usually treat us with respect.

                                      About 5 years ago we had a sandpaper tournament in the bay area - so
                                      there are people here who would play. Probably without the betting,
                                      though! If we can organize one again, it would be good to use the
                                      exact liha rules. I like that service rule a lot!!!

                                      --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@ ...> wrote:

                                      > come on start a lihafest - gordon
                                      > or atleast , at least a exhitbition games to start with in hardbat
                                      > tourney
                                      > pls. start it.
                                      >
                                      > i know many filipinos there who are good at liha living in
                                      > california
                                      > they just happen to feel like hiding it - how unfortunate! !!!
                                      >
                                      > i kept telling them , close to already scolding them
                                      > they jsut felt "inferior' about it -oh boy!
                                      >
                                      > pete
                                      >

                                      > xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      >

                                      > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, "Reverend Gordon" <sgordon@>
                                      > wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > Incredible stuff. This gives a glimpse of how table tennis might
                                      > have
                                      > > evolved if sponge hadn't been allowed. The mix of attack and
                                      > defense
                                      > > is fabulous - how the game should be. Maybe it's time for a
                                      > > Sacramento liha fest!!?
                                      > >
                                      > > Lobo
                                      > >
                                      > > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@ > wrote:
                                      > > >
                                      > > > http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=WXV8E4NzVrw
                                      > > >
                                      > > > here guys.
                                      > > > championship game on liha
                                      > > > hardcore liha -----------raw force !!!
                                      > > > new on youtube
                                      > > >
                                      > > > pete
                                      > > >
                                      > > > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx x

                                      > past
                                      > > > few

                                      > > > philippines

                                    • kusangloob
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
                                        wonder what rocks means? tim hehe
                                        so does it make pure sense to you guys?
                                        seemingly just what the opposite camp thought should not be
                                        the "sponger" .

                                        but thats how hardbatters think too right. ?

                                        if so , this again prove to show we are on the same road.

                                        the longer the game the better. the nicer , the more sweat.

                                        pete

                                        --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, timothy wright <timwright@...> wrote:

                                        > That service rule rocks. How civilized!
                                        >

                                        > On Nov 5, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Reverend Gordon wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > Tell them to introduce themselves here... they shouldn't worry
                                        about
                                        > > people laughing at them... we hardbatters are used to that. :)
                                        And WE
                                        > > would not laugh at them, of course. Actually, in California
                                        there are
                                        > > so many hardbat players that the sponge players are used to us
                                        and
                                        > > usually treat us with respect.
                                        > >
                                        > > About 5 years ago we had a sandpaper tournament in the bay area -
                                        so
                                        > > there are people here who would play. Probably without the
                                        betting,
                                        > > though! If we can organize one again, it would be good to use the
                                        > > exact liha rules. I like that service rule a lot!!!
                                        > >
                                        > > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@> wrote:
                                        > > >
                                        > > > come on start a lihafest - gordon
                                        > > > or atleast , at least a exhitbition games to start with in
                                        hardbat
                                        > > > tourney
                                        > > > pls. start it.
                                        > > >
                                        > > > i know many filipinos there who are good at liha living in
                                        > > > california
                                        > > > they just happen to feel like hiding it - how unfortunate!!!!
                                        > > >
                                        > > > i kept telling them , close to already scolding them
                                        > > > they jsut felt "inferior' about it -oh boy!
                                        > > >
                                        > > > pete
                                        > > >

                                        > > > xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                        > > >

                                        > > > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "Reverend Gordon" <sgordon@>

                                        > > > have
                                        > > > defense

                                        > > > past

                                      • timothy wright
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
                                          'Rocks' means good.

                                          On Nov 5, 2008, at 8:13 PM, kusangloob wrote:

                                          wonder what rocks means? tim hehe
                                          so does it make pure sense to you guys?
                                          seemingly just what the opposite camp thought should not be
                                          the "sponger" .

                                          but thats how hardbatters think too right. ?

                                          if so , this again prove to show we are on the same road.

                                          the longer the game the better. the nicer , the more sweat.

                                          pete

                                          --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, timothy wright <timwright@. ..> wrote:

                                          > That service rule rocks. How civilized!
                                          >

                                          > On Nov 5, 2008, at 4:59 PM, Reverend Gordon wrote:
                                          >
                                          > > Tell them to introduce themselves here... they shouldn't worry
                                          about
                                          > > people laughing at them... we hardbatters are used to that. :)
                                          And WE
                                          > > would not laugh at them, of course. Actually, in California
                                          there are
                                          > > so many hardbat players that the sponge players are used to us
                                          and
                                          > > usually treat us with respect.
                                          > >
                                          > > About 5 years ago we had a sandpaper tournament in the bay area -
                                          so
                                          > > there are people here who would play. Probably without the
                                          betting,
                                          > > though! If we can organize one again, it would be good to use the
                                          > > exact liha rules. I like that service rule a lot!!!
                                          > >
                                          > > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@ > wrote:
                                          > > >
                                          > > > come on start a lihafest - gordon
                                          > > > or atleast , at least a exhitbition games to start with in
                                          hardbat
                                          > > > tourney
                                          > > > pls. start it.
                                          > > >
                                          > > > i know many filipinos there who are good at liha living in
                                          > > > california
                                          > > > they just happen to feel like hiding it - how unfortunate! !!!
                                          > > >
                                          > > > i kept telling them , close to already scolding them
                                          > > > they jsut felt "inferior' about it -oh boy!
                                          > > >
                                          > > > pete
                                          > > >

                                          > > > xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                          > > >

                                          > > > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, "Reverend Gordon" <sgordon@>

                                          > > > have
                                          > > > defense

                                          > > > past

                                        • kusangloob
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Nov 5, 2008
                                            i must add the mind boggling rules.

                                            so up until the serve is not 'malicious' - then ill start to hit
                                            mine properly

                                            also not 5 services or 2 services , but all depends whos side the
                                            balls happen to roll to

                                            its 20 points for liha not 21 or 11
                                            if deuce - its 1 to 5 !

                                            i do feel relax playing this way ------i admit
                                            hey dont hurry me. !
                                            this is suppos e tobe a non-hurried game ahahah

                                          • kusangloob
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Nov 6, 2008
                                              after a "stir" in liha here

                                              somebody want to start a hardbat league here.

                                              wonder how you guys can help us too.

                                              pete
                                              philipines

                                            • kusangloob
                                              Message 22 of 27 , Nov 6, 2008
                                                wrote:

                                                > Tell them to introduce themselves here...
                                                = okay

                                                they shouldn't worry about
                                                > people laughing at them... we hardbatters are used to that. :)

                                                = hehe

                                                And WE would not laugh at them, of course.
                                                = they will laugh at you the momeent you found out you cant even
                                                make a descend drive using thse type of crude "weapon" ahahah
                                                seeing is nothing unless you use it and realise its differnt from
                                                what you guys are used to- hardbat.

                                                Actually, in California there are
                                                > so many hardbat players that the sponge players are used to us and
                                                > usually treat us with respect.
                                                = okay

                                                > About 5 years ago we had a sandpaper tournament in the bay area -
                                                = oh really?

                                                so there are people here who would play.
                                                = i see

                                                Probably without the betting,
                                                > though! If we can organize one again, it would be good to use the
                                                > exact liha rules. I like that service rule a lot!!!

                                                = ask mr. andy abad , the rules. - no need to look far ahahahah

                                                we will try to ask for more "forces" for peole to use this, join
                                                this
                                                and realise the merits and benefits playing this.

                                                mr. Gordon kindly get back to that video and hope you can comment
                                                there please.
                                                many ignorant sponge players i guess , making funny comments
                                                you are even one of the oversea donors of this game here

                                              • kusangloob
                                                Message 23 of 27 , Nov 6, 2008
                                                  i still forgot something to add
                                                  in liha play here -at least in this country

                                                  you are allowed to use your hands/arms to hold , rested on the
                                                  table.
                                                  ahahahaha
                                                  sounds awkward isnt it? i know

                                                  its very common to see older player here say 80years old.
                                                  using his full arm to be his "posted" /rested on the table ( as
                                                  the main fulcrum )
                                                  and kept on driving successiively while the opponent is chopping
                                                  looks like as if one of his foot is broken . ahahahah

                                                  with this, this eventually gives comfort and aid most especailly to
                                                  elders
                                                  actually liha is a very strenous game ( but not on arm effort )
                                                  most especially with high caliber play standard

                                                  i think the moment one reaches high standard - everything is
                                                  strenous whether it be sponge hardbat or liha
                                                  while liha is more on stamina too - but but less arm pain

                                                  thats why i like it to be emphasize as a
                                                  'cardio vascular exercise '
                                                  older peole might just collapsed out of strain and stamina
                                                  becasue of longer rallies.

                                                  so i wonder if this "hold table ' make older players more happy
                                                  to be able to adjust to liha play , no wonder they love to play
                                                  liha , the elders here.
                                                  sponge too many restrictions that its already only young peole
                                                  who can adjust to that.
                                                  even price itself etc.

                                                  at some point in the video you see them holding on to the table. at
                                                  least once
                                                  and that is allowed and not foul here. and yet they are not yet
                                                  80 years old. ahahah

                                                  if a certain modified rule say only 80 years old player will
                                                  then be allow to hold on to table.
                                                  more 80 years old will play the game.

                                                • Jay Turberville
                                                  Message 24 of 27 , Nov 6, 2008
                                                    > Tell them to introduce themselves here... they shouldn't worry about
                                                    > people laughing at them... we hardbatters are used to that. :) And WE
                                                    > would not laugh at them, of course. Actually, in California there are
                                                    > so many hardbat players that the sponge players are used to us and
                                                    > usually treat us with respect.

                                                    I seem to recall you and Tim W. breaking out sandpaper (liha) rackets
                                                    when you dropped by the Phoenix club this summer.

                                                    Jay Turberville
                                                    www.jayandwanda.com
                                                  • Reverend Gordon
                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Nov 6, 2008
                                                      Those are flashbacks, a common symptom of PTSD... you must have not
                                                      been completely successful at "blocking out" the traumatic memory of
                                                      that doubles match :)

                                                      --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "Jay Turberville" <jay@...> wrote:
                                                      > I seem to recall you and Tim W. breaking out sandpaper (liha) rackets
                                                      > when you dropped by the Phoenix club this summer.
                                                      >
                                                      > Jay Turberville
                                                      > www.jayandwanda.com

                                                    • Jay Turberville
                                                      Message 26 of 27 , Nov 6, 2008
                                                        > Those are flashbacks, a common symptom of PTSD... you must have not
                                                        > been completely successful at "blocking out" the traumatic memory of
                                                        > that doubles match :)

                                                        That's right! You and Tim beat Wayne and me using the sandpaper
                                                        rackets (must have been Wayne's fault). Dang! You just reversed all
                                                        the effects of the hallucinogenics I've been taking in order to block
                                                        that experience from my mind. I'll have to go back on ebay and order
                                                        some more. :)

                                                        Well, I've been working on my hardbat play, so I'll have to seek you
                                                        out in Vegas to exact some revenge - that is unless my ebay order is as
                                                        effective as I hope it will be.

                                                        Jay Turberville
                                                        www.jayandwanda.com