sandpaper play (liha ) youtube

  • kusangloob
    Message 1 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
      finally out from nooks and crannys of the philipines islands

      -------sandpaper play

      watch this :

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6JHIQ0cuY

      pete
    • Francis LEIBENGUTH
      Message 2 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008

        Very interesting video, I'll put it  on my blog.

        I tried once a sandpaper bat, the sensations where very interesting, with a great control, but the ball became very rough after a few minutes... I think that "liha" must use a lot of balls. :)

        --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@...> wrote:

        > finally out from nooks and crannys of the philipines islands
        >
        > -------sandpaper play
        >

        > watch this :
        >

        > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6JHIQ0cuY
        >
        > pete

      • Al Papp

          Message 4 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
            A good way to reduce the abrasion on the ball is to take a small sharpening stone or some sandpaper wrapped around a small block of wood and rub the entire surface of the racket. This will take the high spots off the sandpaper without altering the playing quality.

            On Sep 1, 2008, at 9:10 AM, Francis LEIBENGUTH wrote:

            Very interesting video, I'll put it  on my blog.

            I tried once a sandpaper bat, the sensations where very interesting, with a great control, but the ball became very rough after a few minutes... I think that "liha" must use a lot of balls. :)

            --- In hardbat@yahoogroups .com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@. ..> wrote:

            > finally out from nooks and crannys of the philipines islands
            >
            > -------sandpaper play
            >

            > watch this :
            >

            > http://www.youtube. com/watch? v=Rh6JHIQ0cuY
            >
            > pete

          • kusangloob
            Message 5 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
              we still use 38 balls
              and still at normal wear and tear
              and yet still lots of supply here.

              bigger balls break easily

              pete

              --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "Francis LEIBENGUTH"
              <francisdef54@...> wrote:

              > Very interesting video, I'll put it on my blog.
              >
              > I tried once a sandpaper bat, the sensations where very
              interesting,
              > with a great control, but the ball became very rough after a few
              > minutes... I think that "liha" must use a lot of balls. [:)]
              >

              > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@> wrote:
              > >

              > > finally out from nooks and crannys of the philipines islands
              > >
              > > -------sandpaper play
              > >

              > > watch this :
              > >

              > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6JHIQ0cuY
              > >
              > > pete

            • Reverend Gordon
              Message 6 of 23 , Sep 1, 2008
                Very nice! And further evidence that we're on the right track!

                Scott

                --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@...> wrote:

                > finally out from nooks and crannys of the philipines islands
                >
                > -------sandpaper play
                >

                > watch this :
                >

                > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6JHIQ0cuY
                >
                > pete

              • kusangloob
                Message 7 of 23 , Sep 2, 2008
                  glad you like it reverend.

                  these are just samples, yet regular sponge players that happen
                  to 'convert 'themselves into liha play. for example, im a chinese
                  penholder grip some 30 years ago up to national level (sponge) ,
                  what am i doing in this "liha" world and more so even in shakhand
                  grip. ? !!!!ahahahha
                  many sponge players here knows how to play liha - a natural
                  talent for filipinos.they know how to adjust. more so in
                  sponge 'pips out' player . they practice liha to suit thier modern
                  pips out defense in sponge.not much difference.

                  but there are yet certain 'tribe " here who are just hardcore for
                  liha - doenst like to play with sponge unless very big bets. and
                  their stroke is "liha " stroke not these . Sort of semi "open
                  bladed' style when drive is executed and some even are just in
                  barefoot . some liha player are even as old as 80 years old in the
                  provinces for ' calisthenics' purpsoes while some is as young as at
                  in their late 20's .

                  even in the late 50's when ittf ban this , filipinos didnt just
                  left this.and evolve itself into their own ruling , style and
                  technique - doenst really care much whats going on in the outside
                  world and just keep themselves in low profile in some nooks and
                  crannys

                  -----BUT LATELY I REPEATEDLY TOLD THEM TO CARE!!! they ahve
                  something unique that they themselves doenst realise about.

                  pete

                  --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "Reverend Gordon" <sgordon@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Very nice! And further evidence that we're on the right track!
                  >
                  > Scott
                  >
                  > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@> wrote:
                  > >

                  > > finally out from nooks and crannys of the philipines islands
                  > >
                  > > -------sandpaper play
                  > >

                  > > watch this :
                  > >

                  > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6JHIQ0cuY
                  > >
                  > > pete

                • Francis LEIBENGUTH
                  Message 8 of 23 , Sep 2, 2008

                    Are there any official liha events in Philippines, like in hardbat in the USA ?

                    By the way, if you're interested, there are some sandpaper bats pics on my blog (in french) : http://raquettes-collection.blog4ever.com/blog/index-130313.html . You can see them in the "Autres raquettes" part.

                    --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@...> wrote:

                    > glad you like it reverend.
                    >
                    > these are just samples, yet regular sponge players that happen
                    > to 'convert 'themselves into liha play. for example, im a chinese
                    > penholder grip some 30 years ago up to national level (sponge) ,
                    > what am i doing in this "liha" world and more so even in shakhand
                    > grip. ? !!!!ahahahha
                    > many sponge players here knows how to play liha - a natural
                    > talent for filipinos.they know how to adjust. more so in
                    > sponge 'pips out' player . they practice liha to suit thier modern
                    > pips out defense in sponge.not much difference.
                    >
                    > but there are yet certain 'tribe " here who are just hardcore for
                    > liha - doenst like to play with sponge unless very big bets. and
                    > their stroke is "liha " stroke not these . Sort of semi "open
                    > bladed' style when drive is executed and some even are just in
                    > barefoot . some liha player are even as old as 80 years old in the
                    > provinces for ' calisthenics' purpsoes while some is as young as at
                    > in their late 20's .
                    >
                    > even in the late 50's when ittf ban this , filipinos didnt just
                    > left this.and evolve itself into their own ruling , style and
                    > technique - doenst really care much whats going on in the outside
                    > world and just keep themselves in low profile in some nooks and
                    > crannys
                    >
                    > -----BUT LATELY I REPEATEDLY TOLD THEM TO CARE!!! they ahve
                    > something unique that they themselves doenst realise about.
                    >

                    > pete
                    >

                    > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "Reverend Gordon" sgordon@
                    > wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Very nice! And further evidence that we're on the right track!
                    > >
                    > > Scott
                    > >
                    > > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@> wrote:
                    > > >

                    > > > finally out from nooks and crannys of the philipines islands
                    > > >
                    > > > -------sandpaper play
                    > > >

                    > > > watch this :
                    > > >

                    > > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rh6JHIQ0cuY
                    > > >
                    > > > pete

                  • John Franicevich
                    Message 9 of 23 , Sep 3, 2008
                      I very much enjoyed watching your liha video.
                      I appreciate the effort you used to edit it to keep the action moving.
                      The players were very talented and I loved the long rallies.
                      Thank you for posting it.
                      JohnF - San Francisco
                    • kusangloob
                      Message 10 of 23 , Sep 3, 2008

                        > Are there any official liha events in Philippines, like in hardbat
                        in
                        > the USA ?
                        = only now sir .after i made loud 'wake up call 'a few months about
                        having to be proud of own culture and not always the culture of
                        other lands.

                        next month we have a big tournament , cash prize sponsor by me and
                        other of my old collegue for the the liha event.

                        > By the way, if you're interested, there are some sandpaper bats
                        pics on
                        > my blog (in french) :
                        > http://raquettes-collection.blog4ever.com/blog/index-130313.html
                        > <http://raquettes-collection.blog4ever.com/blog/index-
                        130313.html> .
                        > You can see them in the "Autres raquettes" part.
                        = i see thank you.

                        peter

                        > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > glad you like it reverend.
                        > >
                        > > these are just samples, yet regular sponge players that happen
                        > > to 'convert 'themselves into liha play. for example, im a chinese
                        > > penholder grip some 30 years ago up to national level (sponge) ,
                        > > what am i doing in this "liha" world and more so even in shakhand
                        > > grip. ? !!!!ahahahha
                        > > many sponge players here knows how to play liha - a natural
                        > > talent for filipinos.they know how to adjust. more so in
                        > > sponge 'pips out' player . they practice liha to suit thier
                        modern
                        > > pips out defense in sponge.not much difference.
                        > >
                        > > but there are yet certain 'tribe " here who are just hardcore for
                        > > liha - doenst like to play with sponge unless very big bets. and
                        > > their stroke is "liha " stroke not these . Sort of semi "open
                        > > bladed' style when drive is executed and some even are just in
                        > > barefoot . some liha player are even as old as 80 years old in
                        the
                        > > provinces for ' calisthenics' purpsoes while some is as young as
                        at
                        > > in their late 20's .
                        > >
                        > > even in the late 50's when ittf ban this , filipinos didnt just
                        > > left this.and evolve itself into their own ruling , style and
                        > > technique - doenst really care much whats going on in the outside
                        > > world and just keep themselves in low profile in some nooks and
                        > > crannys
                        > >
                        > > -----BUT LATELY I REPEATEDLY TOLD THEM TO CARE!!! they ahve
                        > > something unique that they themselves doenst realise about.
                        > >

                        > > pete
                        > >

                        > > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "Reverend Gordon" sgordon@
                        > > wrote:
                        > > >
                        > > > Very nice! And further evidence that we're on the right track!
                        > > >
                        > > > Scott
                        > > >
                        > > > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "kusangloob" <kusangloob@>

                      • kusangloob
                        Message 11 of 23 , Sep 3, 2008
                          --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "John Franicevich"
                          <jfranicevich@...> wrote:

                          > I very much enjoyed watching your liha video.
                          = thank you.

                          liha events are very confidential here because its a betting
                          game.
                          it doesnt have anyhing to do with the outsdie world. or even jsut
                          outside the door step they just keep the door close. what is most
                          important is that they bring home the bacon. --- to feed the family

                          so much like the confidential : streetfighting

                          -----------

                          > I appreciate the effort you used to edit it to keep the action
                          moving.
                          = lots of work

                          The players were very talented and I loved the long rallies.
                          = having sucessive counter drvies is not as easy as it looks in
                          slippery liha or barewood paddle. try it you will realise.

                          this is quite different from the science of hardbat or sponge.

                          > Thank you for posting it.
                          = a pleasure.

                          i think i might like to add more liha video like liha in penhold.
                          played by old guys like in their late seventies

                          you dont see much liha or barewood in penhold nowadays

                          i do see lot of talents here in this country. when it comes to this
                          sort of play

                          worlwide in sponge we are at the last. and inspite of that. they
                          kept on chasing the "wind" for intenational thats why i kept on
                          nagging these leader here to just wake up. but new generation
                          sponge players they just laugh! becasue for many they see this
                          is more of novelty play here. you cant even bring this for a
                          scholarship grant even if you are good at this. - i know.

                          pete

                          > JohnF - San Francisco

                        • kusangloob
                          Message 12 of 23 , Sep 3, 2008

                            > Very nice! And further evidence that we're on the right track!

                            = however i wonder what you
                            mean by --- we are on the right tract.
                            right tract for what reverend?

                          • ptmarkus@bellsouth.net
                            Message 13 of 23 , Sep 3, 2008
                              Hey Pete,

                              Sounds great, sounds very much like what we were doing at Reismans, on 96th St. & Broadway in the seventies.
                              Best Regards, Peter

                              -------------- Original message from "kusangloob" <kusangloob@...>: --------------

                              <jfranicevich@ ...> wrote:

                              > I very much enjoyed watching your liha video.
                              = thank you.

                              liha events are very confidential here because its a betting
                              game.
                              it doesnt have anyhing to do with the outsdie world. or even jsut
                              outside the door step they just keep the door close. what is most
                              important is that they bring home the bacon. --- to feed the family

                              so much like the confidential : streetfighting

                              -----------

                              > I appreciate the effort you used to edit it to keep the action
                              moving.
                              = lots of work

                              The players were very talented and I loved the long rallies.
                              = having sucessive counter drvies is not as easy as it looks in
                              slippery liha or barewood paddle. try it you will realise.

                              this is quite different from the science of hardbat or sponge.

                              > Thank you for posting it.
                              = a pleasure.

                              i think i might like to add more liha video like liha in penhold.
                              played by old guys like in their late seventies

                              you dont see much liha or barewood in penhold nowadays

                              i do see lot of talents here in this country. when it comes to this
                              sort of play

                              worlwide in sponge we are at the last. and inspite of that. they
                              kept on chasing the "wind" for intenational thats why i kept on
                              nagging these leader here to just wake up. but new generation
                              sponge players they just laugh! becasue for many they see this
                              is more of novelty play here. you cant even bring this for a
                              scholarship grant even if you are good at this. - i know.

                              pete

                              > JohnF - San Francisco

                            • Reverend Gordon
                              Message 14 of 23 , Sep 3, 2008
                                "The right track" means doing good things that should be done. In
                                this case, I meant that we are all working to preserve a wonderful
                                version of the game - the game before sponge that had such a natural
                                attraction for everyone who played it or saw it.

                                Message 15 of 23 , Sep 3, 2008
                                  yes sir just the same
                                  if you have places like that
                                  we have that too here in this country and perhaps even more location

                                  since sandpaper is a banned item in international play
                                  theres no choice but naturally ends up like that.
                                  however, theres a pro and con for that.

                                  pete

                                  --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, ptmarkus@... wrote:

                                  > Hey Pete,
                                  >
                                  > Sounds great, sounds very much like what we were doing at
                                  Reismans, on 96th St. & Broadway in the seventies.
                                  > Best Regards, Peter
                                  >
                                  > -------------- Original message from "kusangloob"
                                  <kusangloob@...>: --------------

                                  > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com, "John Franicevich"
                                  > <jfranicevich@> wrote:
                                  > >
                                  > > I very much enjoyed watching your liha video.
                                  > = thank you.
                                  >
                                  > liha events are very confidential here because its a betting
                                  > game.
                                  > it doesnt have anyhing to do with the outsdie world. or even jsut
                                  > outside the door step they just keep the door close. what is most
                                  > important is that they bring home the bacon. --- to feed the
                                  family

                                  > so much like the confidential : streetfighting
                                  >
                                  > -----------
                                  >
                                  > > I appreciate the effort you used to edit it to keep the action
                                  > moving.
                                  > = lots of work
                                  >
                                  > The players were very talented and I loved the long rallies.
                                  > = having sucessive counter drvies is not as easy as it looks in
                                  > slippery liha or barewood paddle. try it you will realise.
                                  >
                                  > this is quite different from the science of hardbat or sponge.
                                  >
                                  > > Thank you for posting it.
                                  > = a pleasure.
                                  >
                                  > i think i might like to add more liha video like liha in penhold.
                                  > played by old guys like in their late seventies
                                  >
                                  > you dont see much liha or barewood in penhold nowadays
                                  >
                                  > i do see lot of talents here in this country. when it comes to
                                  this
                                  > sort of play
                                  >
                                  > worlwide in sponge we are at the last. and inspite of that. they
                                  > kept on chasing the "wind" for intenational thats why i kept on
                                  > nagging these leader here to just wake up. but new generation
                                  > sponge players they just laugh! becasue for many they see this
                                  > is more of novelty play here. you cant even bring this for a
                                  > scholarship grant even if you are good at this. - i know.
                                  >
                                  > pete
                                  >
                                  > > JohnF - San Francisco

                                • kusangloob
                                  Message 16 of 23 , Sep 3, 2008
                                    wrote:

                                    > "The right track" means doing good things that should be done.
                                    = i see reverend

                                    In
                                    > this case, I meant that we are all working to preserve a wonderful
                                    > version of the game -

                                    = you are absolutley right reverened

                                    the game before sponge that had such a natural
                                    > attraction for everyone who played it or saw it.
                                    = exactly.

                                    xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                                    why dont the international table tennis world just openly embraced
                                    this? why not? i always wonder why ,is it because sandpaper bat
                                    can hurt somebody in the eye? ahahah why on earth did they ban it
                                    in the first place.???

                                    lawn tennis has clay court, glass court and other variations etc.
                                    archery has modern compound bow and even classcial tradition bow
                                    even made from natural sinew and horn, - (im a supplier of this.)
                                    volleyball has beach volleyball already in the olympic
                                    for me these are all variants. - why not table tennis variants. ??
                                    why so narrow minded.

                                    i hope they dont get us wrong...we are not out there to replace
                                    rubber sponge. but hoping just to accept it as another variant

                                    if everybody has to always ask the permission of world boxing
                                    assosiation, there will be no UFC shown in american T. v by now.
                                    ufc is an underground betting game for some countries, . but now im
                                    very much surprised. its in american tv. ---------- some kind of
                                    a "comeback"??

                                    nowadays many modern music is just a lot of fast pace ,loud noises
                                    and crap
                                    many times i just want to go back to the old mellow love song of
                                    frank sinatras
                                    as a "comeback" for at least the 'essence ' of being music for the
                                    mind and soul and slower pace is there. pscychologically its the
                                    same thing with sports i guess .

                                    for me now its all FF- fitness and fun. i sweat more in sandpaper
                                    playing

                                    pete
                                  • David Kent
                                    Message 17 of 23 , Sep 4, 2008
                                      My understanding, although I wasn't there (I'm old, but not that old),
                                      is that the first international meeting(s) to settle on standardization
                                      of equipment took place in Europe, and the USA didn't send a
                                      representative. The only country using lots of sandpaper bats was the
                                      USA (sandpaper bats in all the YMCA's across the country). No one else
                                      even considered sandpaper, so it was an omission by default, not by a
                                      concerted choice against sandpaper.

                                      -- Dr. dave

                                      kusangloob wrote:

                                      > --- In hardbat@yahoogroups.com <mailto:hardbat%40yahoogroups.com>,
                                      > "Reverend Gordon" <sgordon@...>
                                      > wrote:
                                      > >
                                      > > "The right track" means doing good things that should be done.
                                      > = i see reverend
                                      >
                                      > In
                                      > > this case, I meant that we are all working to preserve a wonderful
                                      > > version of the game -
                                      >
                                      > = you are absolutley right reverened
                                      >
                                      > the game before sponge that had such a natural
                                      > > attraction for everyone who played it or saw it.
                                      > = exactly.
                                      >
                                      > xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                      >
                                      > why dont the international table tennis world just openly embraced
                                      > this? why not? i always wonder why ,is it because sandpaper bat
                                      > can hurt somebody in the eye? ahahah why on earth did they ban it
                                      > in the first place.???
                                      >
                                      > lawn tennis has clay court, glass court and other variations etc.
                                      > archery has modern compound bow and even classcial tradition bow
                                      > even made from natural sinew and horn, - (im a supplier of this.)
                                      > volleyball has beach volleyball already in the olympic
                                      > for me these are all variants. - why not table tennis variants. ??
                                      > why so narrow minded.
                                      >
                                      > i hope they dont get us wrong...we are not out there to replace
                                      > rubber sponge. but hoping just to accept it as another variant
                                      >
                                      > if everybody has to always ask the permission of world boxing
                                      > assosiation, there will be no UFC shown in american T. v by now.
                                      > ufc is an underground betting game for some countries, . but now im
                                      > very much surprised. its in american tv. ---------- some kind of
                                      > a "comeback"??
                                      >
                                      > nowadays many modern music is just a lot of fast pace ,loud noises
                                      > and crap
                                      > many times i just want to go back to the old mellow love song of
                                      > frank sinatras
                                      > as a "comeback" for at least the 'essence ' of being music for the
                                      > mind and soul and slower pace is there. pscychologically its the
                                      > same thing with sports i guess .
                                      >
                                      > for me now its all FF- fitness and fun. i sweat more in sandpaper
                                      > playing
                                      >
                                      > pete

                                    • Reverend Gordon
                                      Message 18 of 23 , Sep 4, 2008
                                        Right, although I hadn't heard that it had anything to do with the
                                        U.S. not sending a representative. Racquets could have any surface a
                                        player wanted until things were standardized in the early 60s. By
                                        that time there weren't any world class players using sandpaper. Since
                                        the ITTF's primary mission is to regulate world class play, the issue
                                        of sandpaper never was considered. So as David said, it just "fell
                                        through the cracks" - not deliberately made illegal, but since they
                                        didn't make it legal, it became illegal.
                                      • Jay Turberville
                                        Message 19 of 23 , Sep 4, 2008
                                          FWIW, the rule change to a choice of either pimples out rubber with no
                                          sponge or sandwich rubber with pimples in or out occured on 1959
                                          according to the ITTFs timeline of the rule changes. They also added
                                          the restriction that the specified the racket blade must be made of
                                          wood at the same time.

                                          Message 20 of 23 , Sep 4, 2008
                                            For those interested, you can get some sense of what was going on by
                                            reading chapters of Tim Boggan's History of U.S. Table Tennis.

                                            There are reports telling of players using 1" and 3/4" sponge. Also,
                                            in 1958 the USATT banned sponge for a year. This overlaps with the
                                            ITTF's mandating rubber surfaces. I'm not sure when the ITTF and the
                                            USATT all got on the same page. There are mentions of the use of
                                            sandpaper in Boggan's chapters around this time, but it is clear that
                                            sandpaper was not being used by many people.

                                            http://www.usatt.org/articles/history03/history03_24.shtml
                                            http://www.usatt.org/articles/history03/history03_26.shtml

                                            One thing that I find interesting about sandpaper rackets is that
                                            even though they have been "illegal" for almost 50 years, you can
                                            still buy them at the local sporting goods store. :)

                                            Jay Turberville
                                            www.jayandwanda.com
                                          • kusangloob
                                            Message 21 of 23 , Sep 13, 2008
                                              let me put this intersting liha conversation with other forum
                                              sites
                                              and my answer to them ,thee guys im talking to are sponge players

                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                                              No, Awan, am not confusing liha or sandpaper with traditional hard-
                                              bat.
                                              = okay great

                                              When I said that in the US, you can still find some hotels, resorts
                                              or such places with sandpaper rackets for guests that don't have
                                              their own paddles, I meant it.

                                              = i know

                                              because that strengthen my beliefs that it s the americans bringing
                                              the liha here philippines

                                              when i was a kid , i think i even saw - sandpaper paddles came from
                                              america imported that you can buy in supermarkets

                                              someody told me liha is eeverywher for sometime in the U.S. like
                                              ymca's bars etc.

                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                                              Just last week, a friend of mine was on vacation for a few days to
                                              some place in Florida, and it had a table, and when my friend and
                                              her pals asked for paddles, they got sand-paper ones. Whats more, my
                                              friend had played with them as a kid as well.

                                              = yap there are fond memeoreis of that way back then during kid - i
                                              have them too of those kind of memmores. and thats where i began
                                              too.

                                              paddels being sold as "parlor " games very common at one time
                                              like what you see - dart games nowadays. or palce a billiard table
                                              as part of fun fascilities.

                                              ----------

                                              And I just said it made me want to visit the Phillipines because of
                                              the atmosphere in the videos,

                                              = im glad you took notice of that.

                                              -------

                                              I am willing to try anything if it looks fun, and those players
                                              looked to be having a great time.

                                              = let me tell you something here sir.
                                              the reason why i wish to go back no matter how crude looking thsis
                                              is is because

                                              : ITS FUN AND FITNESS

                                              i sweat 3 shirts in liha than rubber. and with nobody pains the next
                                              day even if you say the video is good , its all yet a friendly game
                                              for us. wait till you see serious tournaments of that. perhps even 3
                                              times better in skill!!!!

                                              we are all former national players here of sponge , we know what
                                              sponge is. we are jsut tryign to be grade one again in table
                                              tennis. , not depedning on technology.

                                              we laugh and laugh , it was fun to use liha . reminds us of our
                                              childhood days. the big 'tik tok ' sounds that ones a music in our
                                              ears. !!! it all began that way anyway. to admit i really miss that.

                                              the comaderie atmosphere i nn our town . . becsue of using so
                                              called : un -technical racket even mothers fathers are attracted.
                                              easy to learn, a diversion in work stress. - a "therapy" .- its
                                              suppoded to be jsut to that level only till you get "hooked" and
                                              wish to further advance more down the raod so here comes the sponge.
                                              ahahahahah

                                              we made friends of the entire town /neighborhood because of that so
                                              called "crude racket" perhaps others will say. -- deep inside its
                                              more than just a pingpong game.

                                              its fun --------you see our smiling face , your good at detection
                                              ranger man. !!! ive alrready edited a lot. its all laugther. you can
                                              jsut see the smile in our face. becsue many are just "impossible and
                                              trick shot" that we ourselfves is very much surprise too that we are
                                              able to do that sometimes defying normal sponge ball science.

                                              awan/pete
                                              philippines
                                            • kusangloob
                                              Message 22 of 23 , Sep 14, 2008
                                                another 2 filipino liha youtube.

                                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LyZ3g4pvnI&feature=related

                                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKW7xyp4xCA

                                                my fellow colleague filipina player friend in canada made the video
                                                they just played inside the house.

                                                you can see ' fun ' and 'discovery 'spirit
                                                simply written all over their face!!!

                                                benjie, however, is just a beginner for liha , hes from here also
                                                chinese ymca . hes just being influence by us to play liha

                                                pete
                                              • kusangloob
                                                Message 23 of 23 , Sep 17, 2008
                                                  just went to a table tennis club this morning at about 7am
                                                  i scold my freind you crazy !!! at 7 am ! you must be crazy. but
                                                  still went anyway

                                                  he said i must come early at early as 630 and after 9am there is
                                                  no more peole. huh..... thats strange i say

                                                  so i went. arm with a poster that i am to give them to post on
                                                  their wall becasue of a big liha tournament we have next
                                                  month in our national open and i wish to inform this group

                                                  and yet its true ... there are about 4 tables. and about a few
                                                  dozen players all liha mostly are seniors.

                                                  im being introdcue to the group they have never heard of me and i
                                                  never heard of them too. as if two differnt worlds just suddenly
                                                  met becasue i came from the sponge group and now seem to step
                                                  into the world of umderground liha world. they never care about
                                                  the sponge players. whos who.

                                                  no wonder its 630 am ,they play liha table tennis first for
                                                  aerobics exercie , they play first then go to their respeocitve
                                                  offices afterwards. we can never do that in sponge type of play.

                                                  truly liha is an earobics exercise. !

                                                  there are still some remaining harbat players they shown me their
                                                  racket.

                                                  pete