Santa Monica College table tennis classes

  • Tandy Goldberg
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26 10:40 AM
      Santa Monica, the home of
      the homeless.
      --Harry Shear
      KCRW
      Santa Monica Colleges'
      radio station

      Mr. Shear (spelling?) has a laugh out loud
      over-the-top show on Sundays from 10 to 11 a.m. on FM
      80.9.

      SMC will have three table tennis classes on different
      day for the Fall 2005 semester. There is a beginning
      class on Fridays, 8:00 a.m.; and an intermediate
      class on Sundays, 1:00-4 p.m.; and an intermediate
      class on Mondays, 6:45-9:50 p.m.

      N.B.: Certain people with big titles, who have not
      kept up with the times have a stranglehold over the
      program here. Because they are connected with
      opinion monopolizer on a national scale, I can't give
      out too much information or this informational missive
      will be censored. This arch pro-sponge coterie--Did I
      get my hyphens right here?--is intolerant when it
      comes to expressing opinions about the distasteful
      nature of the modern game. Do not wield a Hardbat; do
      not even think about playing with wood! Go with the
      flow.

      The Sunday class runs concurrently with the open-play
      Sunday program. Consequently, the free-wheeling
      hardbater will have no misunderstandings talking
      openly about the Hardbat Renaissance on this day, for
      the gym is supervised by a disinterested monitor.
      He's a person who doesn't have an agenda. A congenial
      official who is Hardbat friendly.

      If any Hardbatter wants to have any kind of chance
      playing in the Friday and Monday classes, we admonish
      you, the reader, to play with at least a 1 mm flat-
      sponged bat*. Do not say anything disparraging about
      the horrors of regluing, eventhough it will be
      officially banned Sept. 2007.

      Have a terrific, healthy, and
      loving day,

      Tandy
      Promotion
      Hardbat International

      Call 310 967 5844 if you want to play the Classic
      game, take lessons, etc....

      *Did you know that adjective + participle + noun, per
      THE HANDBOOD OF GOOD ENGLISH GRAMMAR requires a
      hyphen. The reader is "discommoded" if it is left out.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
    • John The Elder
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 4, 2005
        Article in this month's Forbes FYI magazine:

        http://www.forbes.com/fyi/2005/0905/045.html

        JTE
      • Peter Markus
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 4, 2005

          John,

          Thanks for the notify, on the article about Marty. I really enjoyed reading it and thought it was well written.

          It gave a taste of what this thin, unique character is all about.

          And I believe the best is yet to come. Bless you Reis. From an old, good friend.

          Peter