ball repair

  • Reverend Gordon
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 4, 2004
      I'd read in an old book, that back in the 1920s, competitive players
      carried around acetone to repair cracked balls. Well, I tried it a
      few days ago with a Qtip, and, it works! It doesn't do so well on
      very large cracks, but for the little ones it seems to close them up
      and retain the smooth roundness surprisingly well!

      The only drawback, is that it also cleans the ball at the point of
      the repair. For discolored or dirty balls, these appear as spots
      where the ball is brighter. At over a dollar a shot, perhaps this
      could save a bit of money on practice balls. It's also a chance for
      us hardbatters to bring some solvents of our own into the playing
      hall!

      Rev
    • Howard Blum
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 4, 2004
        Well Scott, you can also let your artistic creative
        talents come out and decorate the ball with patterns
        of clean spots.

        HB

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/jvbolB/TM

        http://vote.yahoo.com