Re: Practice partner

  • Victor Kan
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2001
      > We are in Sunnyvale that should be to far away from
      > you. We have 3 full-time and one part-time hardbat players
      > in our club. (Probably the most in the nation.)

      In the YMCA League I play in (Cary, NC), there are FOUR full time hard
      batters and several part-time/occasional hardbat players.

      Full Timers:
      Lobo Lin
      Steve Hitchner
      Ken Sarnoff (not USATT-rated, but guestimated to be ~1700)
      Zack Sarnoff (a young man starting out in the game, following in his dad's
      hardbat footsteps)

      Part-time/occasional hardbatters:
      Jim McQueen
      Simon Brain
      Victor Kan
    • Bruce Liu
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2001
        --- Victor Kan <victor_kan@...> wrote:
        > > We are in Sunnyvale that should be to far away from

        Should read "shouldn't be to far..."

        > > you. We have 3 full-time and one part-time hardbat players
        > > in our club. (Probably the most in the nation.)
        >
        > In the YMCA League I play in (Cary, NC), there are FOUR full time hard
        > batters and several part-time/occasional hardbat players.

        All right. I will amend it to "probably the most in the west coast".
        BTW, I forgot to count Lorin Benedict. That makes it 4 full-time
        hardbat players for us, too.

        With the recent interests from Cheng Yinghua in hardbat, we may
        be able to attract more people.

        /Bruce

        a year! http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • John the Elder
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2001
          Dear Victor:

          Nice to see your name atop a HardBat Group post...I was surprised to see
          that Cary, N.C. is a hive of hardbat activity!

          I wonder if I can ask a favor? Please mention to your local HardBat
          enthusiasts that out HardBat Group is actively soliciting participation
          from Hardbatters, be they newbies or old-timers.

          In general,the group's aim is to encourage increased opportunity to play
          hardbat matches. IT's (so far) a loosly structured, welcoming, bunch of
          players and we neeed input from all the members...regardless of
          skill-level. Suggestions and ideas are vital if we are to reach our
          goal.

          Please, get involved...let us know who you are! Attend our meetings,
          post to the HardBat message board, and submit letters, notes, or
          articles to the HardBat Newsletter. We all enjoy reading the stories of
          those who "returned" to Hardbat, as well as those to whom HardBat is a
          newly discovered aspect of Table-Tennis.

          Thanks again, Victor,

          JTE

          Please mention