Re: [HandyShopper] Re: Spreadsheet Correction

  • rdr29@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Mar 1, 2001
      In a message dated 02/28/2001 4:56:53 PM Central Standard Time,
      wold.andy@... writes:

      << Rocky,

      I'm not too sure what you mean by this?

      When you download the file, it saves a copy of the Excel spreadsheet
      to your hard drive. After you open the file and insert your data,
      you copy the "HandyShopper Import" (in green) portion to your Palm
      Desktop application as a memo file. This memo file is saved to your
      hard drive and then sync'd to your Palm device when you HotSync your
      PDA. You then import the memo into HandyShopper, and it saves it to
      the HS database. The next time you HotSync, the database will be
      backed-up onto your computer with the same name as the database.

      If that doesn't answer your question, please let me know.

      Andy

      > Thanks, Andy. The spreadsheet works perfectly. My question is
      > this....does it load it onto our hard drive when we upload?
      >
      > Thanks.
      > Rocky

      Andy, I've tried several times to download your Excel spreadsheet. The only
      way I've gotten it to work is by clicking on it, which apparently opens it
      from the web site. That's how I was able to test it for the first time.
      This file is no where on my hard drive, believe me! :) Any other file I try
      to download, the window pops open which asks me where I want to save it. Any
      suggestions?

      Rocky
    • jliferjr@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 1, 2001
        You'll have to do a save as from Excel if it opened up when you
        downloaded it. (That's what I did) You can then name and place it
        wherever you want on the HD.
        John

        > Andy, I've tried several times to download your Excel spreadsheet.
        The only
        > way I've gotten it to work is by clicking on it, which apparently
        opens it
        > from the web site. That's how I was able to test it for the first
        time.
        > This file is no where on my hard drive, believe me! :) Any other
        file I try
        > to download, the window pops open which asks me where I want to
        save it. Any
        > suggestions?
        >
        > Rocky
      • Andy E. Wold
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 1, 2001
          Rocky,

          It sounds as though at some point you've selected "Open in Place"
          whenever your browser downloads an Excel spreadsheet. You can
          follow John's directions to do a "Save As" on the spreadsheet once
          it is opened, or you can right click on the file link and select
          "Save Link As..." (in Netscape) or "Save Target As..." (in Internet
          Explorer) and save the file to your Hard Drive.

          Andy

        • rdr29@aol.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 1, 2001
            In a message dated 03/01/2001 8:29:22 AM Central Standard Time,
            jliferjr@... writes:

            << You'll have to do a save as from Excel if it opened up when you
            downloaded it. (That's what I did) You can then name and place it
            wherever you want on the HD.
            John

            > Andy, I've tried several times to download your Excel spreadsheet.
            The only
            > way I've gotten it to work is by clicking on it, which apparently
            opens it
            > from the web site. That's how I was able to test it for the first
            time.
            > This file is no where on my hard drive, believe me! :) Any other
            file I try
            > to download, the window pops open which asks me where I want to
            save it. Any
            > suggestions?
            >
            > Rocky >>

            THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! It worked perfectly!!!!

            Rocky