Re: XML shopping list to HandyShopper?

  • black_rat_software
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 1, 2002
      I'd be interested in seeing some sample XML code, I might want to add
      this to RatShopper. If you are interersted, post it here, or email to
      beta@.... Is this your own XML format, or is it some kind of
      standard that other people are using.

      --- In handyshopper@y..., "brantmc" <chefmac@d...> wrote:
      > Hello all.
      >
      > I have recently built a web-based recipe database to store and
      search
      > my hundreds of recipes I have collected over the years. My app also
      > creates a shopping list as an XML file. What I would like to do now
      > is get this shopping list over to my Palm V. Would it be possible
      > use HandyShopper2 and HS2Edit to accomplish this? I would rather
      > spend my time getting the recipes into the database (and cooking) as
      > opposed to coding a Palm app and conduit.
      >
      > Thanks for your time.
      >
      > Brant
    • brantmc
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 2, 2002
        The XML format is my own; however, it can be easily changed to match
        another. It is very basic with just two elements: ingredient ID and
        ingredient description. I could use XSLT to transform the XML to a
        CSV file but would rather not have to make the additional steps. I
        would think there would be more interest in supporting XML. Anyone
        else have thoughts on this? Below is an example of my XML file:

        <?xml version="1.0" standalone="yes"?>
        <ShoppingList>
        <Item>
        <IngredientID>24</IngredientID>
        <IngredientDesc>beef, rib eye</IngredientDesc>
        </Item>
        <Item>
        <IngredientID>25</IngredientID>
        <IngredientDesc>soy sauce</IngredientDesc>
        </Item>
        <Item>
        <IngredientID>26</IngredientID>
        <IngredientDesc>sherry, dry</IngredientDesc>
        </Item>
        <Item>
        <IngredientID>27</IngredientID>
        <IngredientDesc>ginger, fresh</IngredientDesc>
        </Item>
        <Item>
        <IngredientID>28</IngredientID>
        <IngredientDesc>sesame oil</IngredientDesc>
        </Item>
        <Item>
        <IngredientID>29</IngredientID>
        <IngredientDesc>peanut oil</IngredientDesc>
        </Item>
        <Item>
        <IngredientID>30</IngredientID>
        <IngredientDesc>pepper, white, ground</IngredientDesc>
        </Item>
        <Item>
        <IngredientID>31</IngredientID>
        <IngredientDesc>tangerine, peel, dried</IngredientDesc>
        </Item>
        <Item>
        <IngredientID>32</IngredientID>
        <IngredientDesc>sugar, caster</IngredientDesc>
        </Item>
        <Item>
        <IngredientID>33</IngredientID>
        <IngredientDesc>cornflour</IngredientDesc>
        </Item>
        <Item>
        <IngredientID>34</IngredientID>
        <IngredientDesc>beef stock</IngredientDesc>
        </Item>
        </ShoppingList>

        --- In handyshopper@y..., "black_rat_software" <maclean-design@s...>
        wrote:
        > I'd be interested in seeing some sample XML code, I might want to
        add
        > this to RatShopper. If you are interersted, post it here, or email
        > beta@b... Is this your own XML format, or is it some kind of
        > standard that other people are using.
        >
        > --- In handyshopper@y..., "brantmc" <chefmac@d...> wrote:
        > > Hello all.
        > >
        > > I have recently built a web-based recipe database to store and
        > search
        > > my hundreds of recipes I have collected over the years. My app
        also
        > > creates a shopping list as an XML file. What I would like to do
        now
        > > is get this shopping list over to my Palm V. Would it be
        possible
        > > use HandyShopper2 and HS2Edit to accomplish this? I would rather
        > > spend my time getting the recipes into the database (and cooking)
        as
        > > opposed to coding a Palm app and conduit.
        > >
        > > Thanks for your time.
        > >
        > > Brant
      • richard_livingstone_99
        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 5, 2002
          hs2convert.exe already has an option to export in XML format, which
          Desktop Shopper uses. DS can also as things stand import and export
          the same XML format. I just have to find a moment to bring it up to
          speed with the latest Handy Shopper. However, it'll still work with
          the Handy Shopper pre-icons.

        • Andrew Cross
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 9, 2002
            Are you thinking of a XML-to-XML HS2Edit mapping tool?
            Andy Cross

            >>> <handyshopper@yahoogroups.com> 11/09/02 04:07AM >>>
            I don't know if this will be of benefit to anyone else, or if there
            is any desire for an expansion of the XML capabilities of HS2Edit.

            Bob.
          • ramoynihan
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 9, 2002
              --- In handyshopper@y..., "Andrew Cross" <ajcross@k...> wrote:
              > Are you thinking of a XML-to-XML HS2Edit mapping tool?
              > Andy Cross

              I'm not really thinking on anything in particular. I don't have any
              need yet, personally, for any XML translation at all. But the module
              to translate to/from the shoplist.xml file was easy to create, so
              there are numerous possibilities, I suppose.

              I'm just open to ideas.

              Bob.