Re: [HS] negative tax percentages

  • SRB
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
      Yes, that's true... I just want to subtract the tax percentage instead of adding it... something like 40%...

      Thanks.

      -Steve.
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 1, 2002
        At 23:49 -0400 30.09.02, SRB wrote:
        >Hi,
        >
        >I know this comment is not really applicable to a "shopping list", but as
        >everyone knows, there are so many other uses for this spectacular app
        >HandyShopper... so...
        >
        >Could HS be updated to allow a negative percentage (-xx%) for the tax?
        >Why, you ask? Well, it will help keep track of overtime work, where I will
        >enter the amount, and then it would be nice to easily get an estimate of
        >my actual net "take home" pay.

        Could be useful also for when travelling abroad to countries that will give
        you a refund on any sales tax upon leaving the country. That way you can
        see what money you'll have to spend at the airport or something. One way to
        keep track of a travel budget.

        --
        **** Keera in Norway ****
        * Think big. Shrink to fit. *
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 2, 2002
          You are right Keera if the tax field could have a negative input for
          tax deduction calculation other than the present feature of a tax
          addition one.My country has a policy of tax deduction from our salary
          and so instead of doing the normal calculation , I multiply the gross
          pay by the decimal equivalent of the % deducted( Calculate first
          before entering datas into HS2) .Example ; 10% deduction would yield
          ( $Gross pay * 0.9) to get the $Nett pay.Vice versa for 10% addition
          would be ( $Gross * 1.10).Hence my idea would be if the tax field in
          HS2 can accept decimal value instead of absolute % number.Other than
          this the best way is to use the build in calculator.

          Best regards
          ST (Singapore)