Re: [HandyShopper] new HS application

  • Robert "Doc" Coleman
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2001
      >At 04:25 PM 12/31/00 -0500, you wrote:
      >>Ever go out with a group of friends to a restaurant and have to split
      >>up the check at then end of the night? Well, if you go out to the
      >>same places regularly, HS can help. Create a restaurant database,
      >>with the particular restaurant as the store. Input the menu into the
      >>database. When you order something, mark it as needed and update the
      >>quantity. If you set tax two to your the rate you'll tip and apply
      >>it to all items, at the end of the night you just hit the sum button
      >>and you'll know your portion of the bill exactly.
      >
      >That's a good idea! You could even figure out other people's portions of
      >the check by putting people in as categories, and summing only that
      >category. :) There's a neat freeware app called Tipsy (I think) that works
      >well for figuring check sharing and tips, but I much prefer using an app I
      >already have to do that when I need it. :)

      We'd missed that angle... but we came up with a bonus trick. When
      you order, you move the item from the all list to the need list, when
      it comes, you check it off. That way you make sure you're not
      missing any part of your order. This doesn't work with drink
      refills, but works for most things.

      Doc
      --
      Just a guy with his own opinions.
      "I only know everything when you ask the right questions."

      My use of this E-mail address does NOT constitute permission for
      anyone to send me advertisements. Any unsolicited advertisements
      received will be deemed an act of harassment and reported to the
      appropriate authorities.