Poll results for handyshopper

  • handyshopper@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 1, 2013
      The following handyshopper poll is now closed. Here are the
      final results:

      POLL QUESTION: Should the HandyShopper group be opened up to allow discussion of non-Palm, non-Handyshopper shopping tools/applications?
      This would mean that people could ask and answer the common questions about what apps are like HandyShopper on their given platform.
      Note that HandyShopper support will always be present and provided when needed.

      CHOICES AND RESULTS
      - Yes, 121 votes, 92.37%
      - No, 10 votes, 7.63%

      http://groups.yahoo.com/group/handyshopper

    • Greg Gaub
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 1, 2013
        Well, that's it, then. The group now has a broader purpose. I'll go and
        rewrite the group info and welcome messages soon, but feel free to talk
        about shopping related tools of any kind for any device.
        Again, we're still the go-to place for HandyShopper specific help of any
        kind, so don't think that those questions are not appropriate.
        -Greg

        handyshopper@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        >The following handyshopper poll is now closed. Here are the
        >final results:
        >

        >POLL QUESTION: Should the HandyShopper group be opened up to allow discussion of non-Palm, non-Handyshopper shopping tools/applications?
        >This would mean that people could ask and answer the common questions about what apps are like HandyShopper on their given platform.
        >Note that HandyShopper support will always be present and provided when needed.
        >
        >CHOICES AND RESULTS
        >- Yes, 121 votes, 92.37%
        >- No, 10 votes, 7.63%
        >

        >For more information about this group, please visit
        >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/handyshopper
        >
        >For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
        >http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/members/forms/general.html

      • Voytek Eymont
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 1, 2013
          On Wed, January 2, 2013 4:05 am, Greg Gaub wrote:

          > Well, that's it, then. The group now has a broader purpose. I'll go and
          > rewrite the group info and welcome messages soon, but feel free to talk

          well done, Greg, thanks to you and Chris for HS and this forum, and, all
          the help, all the best for New Year

          > handyshopper@yahoogroups.com wrote:
          >
          >> The following handyshopper poll is now closed. Here are the
          >> final results:

          >> CHOICES AND RESULTS
          >> - Yes, 121 votes, 92.37%
          >> - No, 10 votes, 7.63%

          abstained ?

          --
          Voytek
        • Greg Gaub
          Message 4 of 16 , Jan 1, 2013
            Voytek Eymont wrote:

            >On Wed, January 2, 2013 4:05 am, Greg Gaub wrote:
            >

            >>>CHOICES AND RESULTS
            >>>abstained ?

            Tens of thousands. But, those that voted did so with such a clear choice
            that sample was still meaningful.
            Besides, it's the people who participate that matter more than those who
            do not.
            I've managed to change the group description, but it wouldn't let me
            change the welcome message. I'll try again soon.

            -Greg
          • Harold Goldner
            Message 5 of 16 , Jan 1, 2013
              Greg -

              Your job is thankless; I appreciate your efforts, and, while lurking more
              than posting, find a lot of helpful info here.

              Keep up the good work.

              BTW, agree about the abstentions part, while I suspect Voytek was just
              kidding around, in matters like this, abstentions don't count.

              Cheers,

              Harold

              --
              =======================================
              Harold M. Goldner, Attorney-at-Law
            • Voytek Eymont
              Message 6 of 16 , Jan 1, 2013
                On Wed, January 2, 2013 9:21 am, Greg Gaub wrote:

                > that sample was still meaningful. Besides, it's the people who participate
                > that matter more than those who do not.

                Greg,

                thanks, (of course, as Harold rightly suspected, I was just kidding)

                again, I really appreciate your and Chris' work and efforts, and look
                forward to future of this group

                I'm still a happy Palm user, I'm still a happy HS user, but, I do have
                Android phone and tablet, and, at some future point...

                but, at this time, both Palm and HS are more than sufficient, and, exceed
                needs

                --
                Voytek
              • hyperscheduler@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 16 , Jan 2, 2013
                  Thank you very much, Greg, for all of your hard work and for keeping this group alive.

                  Best,

                  HyperScheduler

                  On Jan 1, 2013, at 10:05 AM, Greg Gaub <mailing.lists@...> wrote:

                  > Well, that's it, then. The group now has a broader purpose. I'll go and
                  > rewrite the group info and welcome messages soon, but feel free to talk
                  > about shopping related tools of any kind for any device.
                  > Again, we're still the go-to place for HandyShopper specific help of any
                  > kind, so don't think that those questions are not appropriate.
                  > -Greg
                  >
                  > handyshopper@yahoogroups.com wrote:
                  >
                  > >The following handyshopper poll is now closed. Here are the
                  > >final results:
                  > >

                  > >POLL QUESTION: Should the HandyShopper group be opened up to allow discussion of non-Palm, non-Handyshopper shopping tools/applications?
                  > >This would mean that people could ask and answer the common questions about what apps are like HandyShopper on their given platform.
                  > >Note that HandyShopper support will always be present and provided when needed.
                  > >
                  > >CHOICES AND RESULTS
                  > >- Yes, 121 votes, 92.37%
                  > >- No, 10 votes, 7.63%
                  > >

                  > >For more information about this group, please visit
                  > >http://groups.yahoo.com/group/handyshopper
                  > >
                  > >For help with Yahoo! Groups, please visit
                  > >http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/groups/original/members/forms/general.html

                • A. F. Cano
                  Message 8 of 16 , Jan 2, 2013
                    On Wed, Jan 02, 2013 at 10:46:42AM +1100, Voytek Eymont wrote:

                    > On Wed, January 2, 2013 9:21 am, Greg Gaub wrote:
                    >
                    > > that sample was still meaningful. Besides, it's the people who participate
                    > > that matter more than those who do not.
                    >
                    > Greg,
                    >
                    > thanks, (of course, as Harold rightly suspected, I was just kidding)
                    >
                    > again, I really appreciate your and Chris' work and efforts, and look
                    > forward to future of this group

                    Likewise here. I have posted little but got some good information here.

                    > I'm still a happy Palm user, I'm still a happy HS user, but, I do have
                    > Android phone and tablet, and, at some future point...
                    >
                    > but, at this time, both Palm and HS are more than sufficient, and, exceed
                    > needs

                    Here too. I would like to keep using my palm pda, but I've just upgraded
                    my linux from Debian Lenny to Debian Wheezy and the old familiar tools have
                    disappeared (kpilot). It's not only that I can't sync any more, the battery
                    of the palm ran out and I lost everything so now I need to restore from the
                    combination of places where Debian kept contacts, to do lists, calendar
                    entries, etc... Kpilot used to this transparently. I understand that
                    akonadi is the current solution, could someone give some pointers?

                    Augustine
                  • Greg Gaub
                    Message 9 of 16 , Jan 2, 2013
                      Thanks for your support, Augustine. :)

                      A. F. Cano wrote:

                      >... Kpilot used to this transparently. I understand that
                      >akonadi is the current solution, could someone give some pointers?

                      If those who can help would do so off-list, that would be great.
                      Although the group is now more open, it's more open to shopping
                      applications. It is not open to becoming a general tech support forum. ;-)
                      -Greg