Is there a way to print my lists that are stored in HandyShopper?

  • joantroy
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 2, 2010
      I have got to change my phone to a Droid for professional reasons and, thus, will not be able to use HandyShopper. I'm VERY sorry because I love HandyShopper and have been using it for years.
      My current dilemma is to figure out how to print my current lists so that I can rekey them in whatever software I end up using. I can't figure out how to do it.
      I went to the wikipedia site and couldn't register because I didn't have a passcode and don't know how to get one. The answer may be on that site.
      Thanks for any help.
    • Greg Gaub
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 2, 2010
        joantroy wrote:

        >I have got to change my phone to a Droid for professional reasons and, thus, will not be able to use HandyShopper. I'm VERY sorry because I love HandyShopper and have been using it for years.
        >My current dilemma is to figure out how to print my current lists so that I can rekey them in whatever software I end up using. I can't figure out how to do it.

        You should be able to use the hs2convert.exe method I explained to
        someone just a couple days ago. You convert the lists to CSV files,
        which can then be opened by a spreadsheet app and printed. You might
        even be able to do some fiddling and exporting to whatever you use in
        Android. Also, there's a guy working on an Android app for HandyShopper
        files called AndyShopper.

        >I went to the wikipedia site and couldn't register because I didn't have a passcode and don't know how to get one. The answer may be on that site.

        Why do people keep trying to register? You only need to register if you
        want to PUT UP NEW information, not view it.
        Is there some problem that you're having with viewing the pages that you
        think registering is necessary?
        Aside from the passcode, there's a problem witht he registration stuff
        anyway, but that should not afect your ability to READ the information
        provided.

        -Greg
      • Barbara Needham
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 2, 2010
          On 10/2/2010 12:03 PM, joantroy wrote:
          > I have got to change my phone to a Droid for professional reasons and, thus, will not be able to use HandyShopper. I'm VERY sorry because I love HandyShopper and have been using it for years.
          > My current dilemma is to figure out how to print my current lists so that I can rekey them in whatever software I end up using. I can't figure out how to do it.
          > I went to the wikipedia site and couldn't register because I didn't have a passcode and don't know how to get one. The answer may be on that site.
          > Thanks for any help.

          It's not wikipedia, it's Greg wiki site for information on Handy Shopper.
          You don't need a password unless you want to ADD information to that
          wiki. [A wiki is just really a cooperative file].
          Follow the link

          or go directly here:
          <http://www.ggaub.com/hswiki/tiki-index.php?page=HowTo#How_to_print_a_title_HandyShopper_By_Chris_Antos_href_tiki_index_php_page_HandyShopper_class_wiki_HandyShopper_a_lists>

          which tells you how to export your list to memo, from which you should
          be able to open on your computer with any text program.

        • James Shattuck
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 2, 2010
            Well, I can see 2 alternatives here, 1 is you don't necessarily have to use HS
            on a phone, you can still get really cheap Palms or Ipaqs. I still have an Ipaq
            that I use for shopping and as an MP3 player. Sure its 2 devices, but I don't
            use them together very often.

            The other, is to use the hs3convert tool to export the list as a .csv file.
            This is actually a text file with columns, I'm sure android has a simple
            spreadsheet app that would read it, or whatever shopping app you get for
            android.

            ________________________________

            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 2, 2010
              Dunno about AndyShopper but ToMarket in Android is the closest thing
              available now.

              On Oct 2, 2010 10:21 PM, "James Shattuck" <progman@...> wrote:
              > Well, I can see 2 alternatives here, 1 is you don't necessarily have to
              use HS
              > on a phone, you can still get really cheap Palms or Ipaqs. I still have an
              Ipaq
              > that I use for shopping and as an MP3 player. Sure its 2 devices, but I
              don't
              > use them together very often.
              >
              > The other, is to use the hs3convert tool to export the list as a .csv
              file.
              > This is actually a text file with columns, I'm sure android has a simple
              > spreadsheet app that would read it, or whatever shopping app you get for
              > android.
              >

              > ________________________________
              HandyShopper?

              > I have got to change my phone to a Droid for professional reasons and,
              thus,
              > will not be able to use HandyShopper. I'm VERY sorry because I love
              > HandyShopper and have been using it for years.
              > My current dilemma is to figure out how to print my current lists so that
              I can
              > rekey them in whatever software I end up using. I can't figure out how to
              do
              > it.
              > I went to the wikipedia site and couldn't register because I didn't have a

              > passcode and don't know how to get one. The answer may be on that site.
              > Thanks for any help.

            • Carla
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 3, 2010
                I don't know about AndyShopper either but I was able to convert all my lists
                from HandyShopper to ToMarket using CSV files. No keying in the lists.
                Carla