How absolutely wonderful to find an old friend

  • Sarah
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 12, 2010
      I've used HandyShopper since I got my first Visor over 10 years ago. It's one of the 2 apps without which I almost can't function. Now that my Tracfone has died, I decided to get a smart phone so I won't have to have 2 devices. Today I bought an HTC HD2 from T-Mobile, and am totally delighted to find that the WM version of Handy Shopper is so similar to what I'm used to and all my lists just copy right over!

      I spent the afternoon trying to make my fingers get to the right spots on that touch screen, figure out where WM has hidden stuff and how to get rid of the apps that I will never use, and arguing with MS ActiveSync about what to pick up and what to leave alone. After all that, installing HandyShopper and copying my files over was like coming in from the storm to a warm fire, hot tea, and a loving hug.

      Thank you so much for all the thousands of hours you've put in on this.
    • holsteinfrisiane
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 21, 2010
        --- In handyshopper@yahoogroups.com, "Sarah" <ntsed101@...> wrote:

        > I've used HandyShopper since I got my first Visor over 10 years ago. It's one of the 2 apps without which I almost can't function. Now that my Tracfone has died, I decided to get a smart phone so I won't have to have 2 devices. (...)After all that, installing HandyShopper and copying my files over was like coming in from the storm to a warm fire, hot tea, and a loving hug.
        >
        > Thank you so much for all the thousands of hours you've put in on this.

        Yes, I have to say thank you as well. I came back to the mailing list after years (5?) to fix a problem I had with updating and editing my database.
        I am amazed how uncomplicated the update (from something like 2.0) was, even on my geriatric, 7-year-old XDA II. I just fear that I might be losing Handyshopper when I decide to finally buy a decent, uptodate mobile device sometime soon (operating system will not be the only deciding factor).
        *sigh* I will deal with that when the problem comes up...

        While it lasts I am happily playing with the newest version, and FINALLY cleaning up my database under OpenOffice Calc and get it sorting according to the aisles in the shops in my new hometown (I've been seen sneaking around the shop with notebook and pencil in hand, making a rough drawing and mapping of the layout *lol*).

        Frisiane
        (Germany)