HS 3.2 for Windows Mobile is available

  • chrisant_wa
    Message 1 of 9 , May 8, 2010
      HS 3.2 for Windows Mobile is now available at
      http://chrisant.home.comcast.net/hs3/hs3.htm

      * Added a "Finger Friendly" setting in the Tools|Option dialog. On WM6.5 the Finger Friendly setting is enabled by default.
      * Landscape orientation is fully supported.
      * Added support for WM5.0 and higher Smartphones (earlier Smartphones are not supported).
      * Added gesture support on WM6.5 for scrolling.
      * Revised the menus to avoid scroll buttons on WM 6.5.
      * Fixed some black-on-black color problems on the Samsung Omnia 2 (or any device where the default background color is black).
      * Fixed the Import command so it can parse currency when the thousands separator is set to a space character.
      * Fixed AutoOrder corruption; you may need to reset your AutoOrder information by going to the Tools|Options dialog and choosing "Clear Order|for Every Store" from the "Tools" menu.
      * Fixed the Move to Card and Move to Memory menu commands in the list of databases (they sometimes disappeared from the menu).
      * And various minor fixes and improvements, cosmetic and otherwise.
    • Joe-Boy
      Message 2 of 9 , May 9, 2010
        --- In handyshopper@yahoogroups.com, "chrisant_wa" <chrisant@...> wrote:

        > HS 3.2 for Windows Mobile is now available at
        > http://chrisant.home.comcast.net/hs3/hs3.htm
        >
        > * Added a "Finger Friendly" setting in the Tools|Option dialog. On WM6.5 the Finger Friendly setting is enabled by default.
        > * Landscape orientation is fully supported.
        > * Added support for WM5.0 and higher Smartphones (earlier Smartphones are not supported).
        > * Added gesture support on WM6.5 for scrolling.
        > * Revised the menus to avoid scroll buttons on WM 6.5.
        > * Fixed some black-on-black color problems on the Samsung Omnia 2 (or any device where the default background color is black).
        > * Fixed the Import command so it can parse currency when the thousands separator is set to a space character.
        > * Fixed AutoOrder corruption; you may need to reset your AutoOrder information by going to the Tools|Options dialog and choosing "Clear Order|for Every Store" from the "Tools" menu.
        > * Fixed the Move to Card and Move to Memory menu commands in the list of databases (they sometimes disappeared from the menu).
        > * And various minor fixes and improvements, cosmetic and otherwise.

        Another nice surprise on a sunny spring day - Thanks, Chris!

        I have to say, the recent changes for touch-gestures on the large display of my TP2 are wonderful. ONE app always gets a dedicated hard-button assigned for quick launching. I'll let you guess which that is... ;-)

        I'll also relay a little goofy-geek-humor: A cohort at work is a major iPhone fan-boy. Nothing against iPhones - They simply offer nothing that interests me. But when this guy saw me using HS, he commented that he could do something like that with his iPhone. I jokingly said, "I doubt it." He immediately went to the App Store where, as I'd told him, he couldn't get HS. So he went to Google. I nearly fell over laughing when the first hit was a forum post somewhere else about HS being THE premier shopping and database app, and was not available for the iPhone. It was just too perfect! He and I are good friends, so we rib each other when possible. It was a lot of fun to have you there to help me! :D

        Thanks again for the time and work on this. HS is truly a "must have" app for me, and it just keeps getting better.

        All the best!
        Joe
      • Harold M. Goldner

          Message 4 of 9 , May 9, 2010
            A similar discussion is all over Android forums, especially among
            forums/groups for Palm to Android immigrants.

            Everybody acknowledges that HandyShopper is the paragon of such
            applications, with no equivalent, and most wanna-be's are compared
            unfavorably to HS.

            Harold

          • Woody
            Message 5 of 9 , May 9, 2010
              And those Palm users now with a iPhone, iPod Touch or the iPad huddle
              together in a corner of the room and whine about missing Handy Shopper.
              "Almost as good" is still far, far .... ok, the truth is, anything else
              is cr*p.

              ;-)

              > A similar discussion is all over Android forums, especially among
              > forums/groups for Palm to Android immigrants.
              >
              > Everybody acknowledges that HandyShopper is the paragon of such
              > applications, with no equivalent, and most wanna-be's are compared
              > unfavorably to HS.
              >
              > Harold

            • Voytek Eymont
              Message 6 of 9 , May 9, 2010
                <quote who="Woody">
                > And those Palm users now with a iPhone, iPod Touch or the iPad huddle
                > together in a corner of the room and whine about missing Handy Shopper.
                > "Almost as good" is still far, far .... ok, the truth is, anything else
                > is cr*p.

                and the Palm users who still use Palm ?
                :>)

                --
                Voytek
              • Voytek Eymont
                Message 7 of 9 , May 9, 2010
                  <quote who="Harold M. Goldner">
                  > A similar discussion is all over Android forums, especially among
                  > forums/groups for Palm to Android immigrants.

                  Harold,

                  could you pls suggest (to my email) some good Android for Palm forums, pls.

                  I'm kinda tempted to maybe get HTC Desire (once prices drop a little),
                  but, need to make sure I can tether Palm to it.

                  I noticed Telstra dropped data charges a little, which does make it
                  'interesting' ($5 for 30MB entry data pack (was 1MB, then, 5MB)

                  --
                  Voytek
                • chrisant_wa
                  Message 8 of 9 , May 9, 2010
                    I recommend reading the blurb at the top of the Home page for this group.

                    --- In handyshopper@yahoogroups.com, "Harold M. Goldner" <hgoldner@...> wrote:

                    > Chris -
                    >
                    > Any thoughts about an Android version?
                    >
                    > Harold
                    >
                    > On May 8, 2010 6:42 PM, "chrisant_wa" <chrisant@...> wrote:
                    >

                    > HS 3.2 for Windows Mobile is now available at
                    > http://chrisant.home.comcast.net/hs3/hs3.htm
                    >
                    > * Added a "Finger Friendly" setting in the Tools|Option dialog. On WM6.5 the
                    > Finger Friendly setting is enabled by default.
                    > * Landscape orientation is fully supported.
                    > * Added support for WM5.0 and higher Smartphones (earlier Smartphones are
                    > not supported).
                    > * Added gesture support on WM6.5 for scrolling.
                    > * Revised the menus to avoid scroll buttons on WM 6.5.
                    > * Fixed some black-on-black color problems on the Samsung Omnia 2 (or any
                    > device where the default background color is black).
                    > * Fixed the Import command so it can parse currency when the thousands
                    > separator is set to a space character.
                    > * Fixed AutoOrder corruption; you may need to reset your AutoOrder
                    > information by going to the Tools|Options dialog and choosing "Clear
                    > Order|for Every Store" from the "Tools" menu.
                    > * Fixed the Move to Card and Move to Memory menu commands in the list of
                    > databases (they sometimes disappeared from the menu).
                    > * And various minor fixes and improvements, cosmetic and otherwise.

                  • Greg Gaub
                    Message 9 of 9 , May 9, 2010

                      >Any thoughts about an Android version?

                      *Group DOs and DON'Ts*
                      DO Ask for help using HandyShopper.
                      Do NOT ask for a new HandyShopper for your new non-Palm/PPC device.
                      DO Share how you use HandyShopper.
                      Do NOT ask people to suggest an app for your new device that is like
                      HandyShopper.
                      DO report bugs and oddities you've discovered with HandyShopper.
                      Do NOT tell us how much you miss HandyShopper now that you switched to a
                      new device and could anyone please tell you what to use now.

                      Thanks!
                      -Greg