windows mobile databases

  • Heather Feuerhelm
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
      I notice that all the databases available are for the Palm OS version of HandyShopper. Is there some way to convert them for use with windows mobile?

      Thanks!
    • Greg Gaub
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
        Heather Feuerhelm wrote:

        >I notice that all the databases available are for the Palm OS version of HandyShopper. Is there some way to convert them for use with windows mobile?

        What makes you think that they're for Palm OS only?
        They're just files. As long as a program can read them, the OS doesn't
        matter. Is it not possible to read a MS Word .doc file on both a Mac and
        PC using MS Word? Of course it is.
        I'm not trying to be snide, just educational. :)

        All HandyShopper databases can be read on either Pocket PC or Palm OS
        versions.

        -Greg
      • Heather Feuerhelm
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 2, 2009
          --- In handyshopper@yahoogroups.com, Greg Gaub <mailing.lists@...> wrote:

          > Heather Feuerhelm wrote:
          >
          > >I notice that all the databases available are for the Palm OS version of HandyShopper. Is there some way to convert them for use with windows mobile?
          > >

          > What makes you think that they're for Palm OS only?
          > They're just files. As long as a program can read them, the OS doesn't
          > matter. Is it not possible to read a MS Word .doc file on both a Mac and
          > PC using MS Word? Of course it is.
          > I'm not trying to be snide, just educational. :)
          >
          > All HandyShopper databases can be read on either Pocket PC or Palm OS
          > versions.
          >
          > -Greg

          Thank you for your "educational" post! I was able to port in both a generic shopping list and Lori's packing list. Thank you!

          P.S. My motto is "never too old to learn something new."