Re: [HS] Re: HS2Edit & Excel 2007

  • Janelle H
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
      --- On Fri, 2/1/08, kdo_au <keith.oatley@...> wrote:

      > and see.

      > > > The sheet loads but I can't find the HS2Edit
      > menu
      > >

      > > As I understand it, Microsoft (in all their great
      > wisdom) decided
      > to get rid of menubars & toolbars in Office 2007.
      > >

      > I wasn't sure if such add-ins should show up somewhere
      > in the new
      > ribbon. If not, then that sucks. Thanks for the reply.

      I agree. It sucks.
      I don't have access to a computer with the new version loaded (and I'm hoping to keep it that way as long as possible), so I haven't had a chance to really play with it any. If you know anything about programming Excel, you might be able to jiggle some things around and make something work. Otherwise it sounds like you're out of luck. If you have a Windows machine, you might try Bob's newer product...HS2Utils Win.

      Be a better friend, newshound, and
    • RAMoynihan
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
        Surely the macros must be there somewhere (they wouldn't have broken
        backward-compatibility THAT much,... would they?). Can you find a listing
        of the maceos under the 'Tools' menu? And what happens when you try the
        Ctrl-T command?
        __
        Bob
        Sent from my Treo

        >> > The sheet loads but I can't find the HS2Edit menu
        >>

        >> As I understand it, Microsoft (in all their great wisdom) decided
        >to get rid of menubars & toolbars in Office 2007.
        >>

        >I wasn't sure if such add-ins should show up somewhere in the new
        >ribbon. If not, then that sucks. Thanks for the reply.

      • robynd85
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 1, 2008
          I use HS2Edit with Excel 2007 without any problems. The HS2Edit
          menu shows up for me under the "Add-Ins" tab.

          --- In handyshopper@yahoogroups.com, "kdo_au" <keith.oatley@...>
          wrote:

          > --- In handyshopper@yahoogroups.com, Janelle H <geobear75@> wrote:

          > > > The sheet loads but I can't find the HS2Edit menu
          > >

          > > As I understand it, Microsoft (in all their great wisdom)
          decided
          > to get rid of menubars & toolbars in Office 2007.
          > >

          > I wasn't sure if such add-ins should show up somewhere in the new
          > ribbon. If not, then that sucks. Thanks for the reply.

        • kdo_au
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 4, 2008
            Thanks - with Ctrl T > Reset>Menu, I can get the HS2Edit menu to
            dispaly as described. The sheet is still not functional however as I
            still keep getting a "path not found" error message at a line in the
            code which reads "Open fileNameDebug For Binary As filenumberdebug".
            Are you using Excel 2007 with Vista?