Re: Where is the Handyshopper download?

  • the All-Purpose Guru
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 1, 2007
      Unfortunately, the Versiontracker link points to Chris
      Anton's HS website, which points to
      Palm^h^h^h^hPocketGear, which denies that freeware
      exists, and wouldn't you rather just buy something?

      Feh. It's all about the money.

      Message 2 of 23 , Dec 1, 2007
        try this link
        http://home.comcast.net/~chrisant/hs3/hs3ppc.htm

        --
        Kind Regards

        David Akroyd

      • Nasim
        Message 3 of 23 , Dec 1, 2007
          It is such a shame that Palmgear has dumped all of the freeware with its
          merger with pocketgear! The freeware got me there to begin with, but the
          other offers made me a paying customer. I think they've made a huge mistake
          from the business end. I know that I'll be a lot less likely to go to that
          site anytime soon.

          BTW, I still have the 'zip' file that I downloaded in July of 2006 for
          handyshopper.. Do you think that I might be able to upload it to our files
          section here without stepping on anyone's toes??

          The file that I have is entitled "hs27908.zip", , and is 211kb. It
          contains these files to be unzipped in it:

          Faq.htm

          Handyshop2.prc

          History.htm

          Hs2convert.exe

          Hs2icons_color.prc

          Hs2icons_mono.prc

          M3-HS2-Foodicons.prc

          Readme.htm

          If I won't be breaking any kind of law or rule or agreement with this group,
          yahoo or Mr. Antos, I'll try to upload it to the files section. It would
          probably be useful to have it right here on the group site, I think.

          Let me know!

          -Nasim

        • Greg Gaub
          Message 4 of 23 , Dec 1, 2007
            Nasim wrote:

            >The file that I have is entitled "hs27908.zip", , and is 211kb. It
            >contains these files to be unzipped in it:
            >
            >If I won't be breaking any kind of law or rule or agreement with this group,
            >yahoo or Mr. Antos, I'll try to upload it to the files section. It would
            >probably be useful to have it right here on the group site, I think.

            As I haven't had a chance to do so, by all means, please do. Try to
            locate the most logical folder to put it in. The zip file itself, as
            well as the individual files, can be uploaded to the same folder for the
            convenience of the users who need to download.

            -Greg
          • ummsafiah786
            Message 5 of 23 , Dec 1, 2007
              Hi,

              I've uploaded Handyshopper to the "files" section of the group site,
              under in the folder entitled "Handyshopper Program" I have the .zip
              file, plus the main program also unzipped.

              Hope this is helpful!

              -Nasim
            • Leon Pereira
              Message 6 of 23 , Dec 1, 2007
                Freeware Palm for all your freeware needs.

                http://www.freewarepalm.com/database/handyshopper-english.shtml

                Leon

              • larryh49@aol.com
                Message 7 of 23 , Dec 1, 2007
                  Freeware Palm links so many to the PalmGear site that does not work now.
                  There are lots of titles including HS2 that cannot be accessed from Freeware
                  Palm now.

                  _http://www.freewarehttp://wwhttp://wwhttp://www.frhttp://www.fr_
                  (http://www.freewarepalm.com/database/handyshopper-english.shtml)

                  Leon

                • len46219
                  Message 8 of 23 , Dec 19, 2007
                    Thanks, but that didn't work.

                    --- In handyshopper@yahoogroups.com, "David Akroyd" <david.akroyd@...>
                    wrote:

                    > try this link
                    > http://home.comcast.net/~chrisant/hs3/hs3ppc.htm
                    >

                    > --
                    > Kind Regards
                    >
                    > David Akroyd

                  • Peter Bulthuis
                    Message 9 of 23 , Dec 29, 2007
                      > Thanks, but that didn't work.

                      And this one?

                      http://www.freeware-palmos.com/c4/10-handyshopper.html

                      Peter
                    • Nasim
                      Message 10 of 23 , Dec 29, 2007
                        HI,

                        Just go to the files section of this group, look for the "handyshopper
                        program" file, and it is there to download!

                        Here's a link (you'll need to sign into Yahoo for it)

                        /

                        It's getting hard to find it since the merger of Palmgear into Pocketgear!

                        HTH

                        Nasim

                      • Roger
                        Message 11 of 23 , Dec 29, 2007
                          Thank you for the link below ! It works fine after you:

                          1) Create a Yahoo login ID
                          2) Register for Web Access
                          3) Sign up for the HandyShopper users group
                          ?) Several verification e-mails . . .

                          Be persistent !

                          Thanks again.

                          --- In handyshopper@yahoogroups.com, "Nasim" <nasim786@...> wrote:

                          > HI,
                          >

                          > Just go to the files section of this group, look for the "handyshopper
                          > program" file, and it is there to download!
                          >

                          > Here's a link (you'll need to sign into Yahoo for it)

                          > /
                          >

                          > It's getting hard to find it since the merger of Palmgear into
                          Pocketgear!

                          > HTH
                          >

                          > Nasim

                        • koenigworks9
                          Message 12 of 23 , Jan 8, 2008
                            Yes, merge of palmgear & pocketgear seems to mess up palm apps
                            (including HS2)...

                            HOWEVER somebody wrote in a post to replace the "http://www.palmgear"
                            with "http://accounts.palmgear", then most links work!! For example:

                            http://accounts.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.showsoftware&PartnerREF=&siteid=1&prodID=1350&siteid=1

                            Cheers!!

                            --- In handyshopper@yahoogroups.com, "Nasim" <nasim786@...> wrote:

                            > HI,
                            >

                            > Just go to the files section of this group, look for the "handyshopper
                            > program" file, and it is there to download!
                            >

                            > Here's a link (you'll need to sign into Yahoo for it)

                            > /
                            >

                            > It's getting hard to find it since the merger of Palmgear into
                            Pocketgear!

                            > HTH
                            >

                            > Nasim

                          • DARLA STATLER
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jan 12, 2008
                              Silly question I know but I'm a baby computer user and this is my first download EVER.
                              Which should I download zipped or unzipped file and if you have a minute could you briefly explain the difference???

                              Thanks a bunch,
                              Darla

                              koenigworks9 <koenigworks9@...> wrote:

                              Yes, merge of palmgear & pocketgear seems to mess up palm apps
                              (including HS2)...

                              HOWEVER somebody wrote in a post to replace the "http://www.palmgear"
                              with "http://accounts.palmgear", then most links work!! For example:

                              http://accounts.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.showsoftware&PartnerREF=&siteid=1&prodID=1350&siteid=1

                              Cheers!!

                              --- In handyshopper@yahoogroups.com, "Nasim" <nasim786@...> wrote:

                              > HI,
                              >

                              > Just go to the files section of this group, look for the "handyshopper
                              > program" file, and it is there to download!
                              >

                              > Here's a link (you'll need to sign into Yahoo for it)

                              > /
                              >

                              > It's getting hard to find it since the merger of Palmgear into
                              Pocketgear!

                              > HTH
                              >

                              > Nasim

                            • Brian
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jan 12, 2008
                                Zip files are just compressed files, or a group of files compressed together
                                to make downloading easier. I would suggest downloading either Winzip, or
                                Winrar. Winrar is probably better as it will allow you to decompress both
                                Zip and Rar files, which are probably the most common types of compressed
                                files you will encounter. Do a Google search and you will find the download
                                site.

                                As to which you should download, it's up to you, once you install Winrar. If
                                you don't wish to install it, then the unzipped version is the one you want.

                                Brian

                                > Silly question I know but I'm a baby computer user and this is my first
                                > download EVER.
                                > Which should I download zipped or unzipped file and if you have a minute
                                > could you briefly explain the difference???
                                >
                                > Thanks a bunch,
                                > Darla
                                >

                                > koenigworks9 <koenigworks9@...> wrote:
                                >
                                > Yes, merge of palmgear & pocketgear seems to mess up palm apps
                                > (including HS2)...
                                >
                                > HOWEVER somebody wrote in a post to replace the "http://www.palmgear"
                                > with "http://accounts.palmgear", then most links work!! For example:
                                >
                                > http://accounts.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=software.showsoftware&PartnerREF=&siteid=1&prodID=1350&siteid=1
                                >
                                > Cheers!!
                                >
                                > --- In handyshopper@yahoogroups.com, "Nasim" <nasim786@...> wrote:
                                >>
                                >> HI,
                                >>

                                >> Just go to the files section of this group, look for the "handyshopper
                                >> program" file, and it is there to download!
                                >>

                                >> Here's a link (you'll need to sign into Yahoo for it)

                                >> /
                                >>

                                >> It's getting hard to find it since the merger of Palmgear into
                                > Pocketgear!
                                >>

                                >> HTH
                                >>

                                >> Nasim

                              • furiousfoetus