Re: [HS] HS2Utilswin for Windows V. 0.0.29

  • larryh49@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
      In a message dated 12/31/2006 1:34:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
      jhensinger4@... writes:

      1,1,1,1,10,10,1,1,1,1,11,1,1,1,11,1,1,1,
      ,13,14,15,15,,13,14,15,1,13,14,15,13,14,15,13,1
      ,3,33,34,4,5,,3,33,34,4,5,3,33,34,4,5,3,33,34,4,

      This is the correct way to sort. It is like for a dictionary as all the
      entries that start with 1 will be before any that start with 2. 1117 precedes
      20. Just as alligator is before box. I will put leading zeroes in some of
      my entries such as 002, 061 etc.

      cheers,
      Larry H.

    • tOM Trottier
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
        In Excel and Word, you can sort textually or numerically.
        The choice is good.

        Actually 1 (one) will sort after 15 (fifteen) in the dictionary.

        Happy New Year, tOM

        On Monday, January 01, 2007 at 14:09,
        larryh49@... <handyshopper@yahoogroups.com> wrot

        > In a message dated 12/31/2006 1:34:07 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        > jhensinger4@... writes:
        >
        > 1,1,1,1,10,10,1,1,1,1,11,1,1,1,11,1,1,1,
        > ,13,14,15,15,,13,14,15,1,13,14,15,13,14,15,13,1
        > ,3,33,34,4,5,,3,33,34,4,5,3,33,34,4,5,3,33,34,4,
        >

        > This is the correct way to sort. It is like for a dictionary as
        > all the entries that start with 1 will be before any that start with
        > 2. 1117 precedes 20. Just as alligator is before box. I will
        > put leading zeroes in some of my entries such as 002, 061 etc.
        >
        > cheers,
        > Larry H.

        -- Quidquid latine dictum sit altum viditur --
        ,__@ tOM Trottier
        _-\_<, 758 Albert St., Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7V8
        (*)/'(*) N45.41235 W75.71345 +1 613 860-6633
        Q, Q,
        </ </ This world, after all our science and sciences, is still
        (`-/---/-') a miracle; wonderful, inscrutable, magical and more,
        ~~@~~~~@~~~~~~ to whosoever will think of it. --Thomas Carlyle
      • Robert Moynihan
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
          Hi Cheryle,

          > I am having difficulty loading "some" of my databases again. A few load
          > okay, and others cause the program to crash as before. I deleted the .dat
          > file just to check but that did not help.

          The best thing to do might be for you to send me some of the offending
          databases so that I can try to duplicate the crashes on my system. If I
          can duplicate the crash I can fix it. You could send directly to
          "support@...".

          --
          Bob

          www.rmobile.ca
          --------------
          Mobile software for handheld computers and smartphones
        • Robert Moynihan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 1, 2007
            t.winks wrote:

            > 1. The font used in the column headings and row numbers (also in the
            > "show stores" sub-window) is VERY bold, and difficult to read.

            Yep, this has been reported before. The problem is that they all look
            just fine on my system, so it is a difficult one for me to
            troubleshoot. What OS are you using? I'm guessing that it might be
            something other than XP?

            > 2. More important are the pop down sort options that appear when I
            > right click on a column header. In both the ascending and descending
            > sort selections, the sorts are performed incorrectly, and in the same
            > incorrect way. This seems to be consistent for all columns. Here is
            > an (edited) example of a alpha/numeric data field sort from my Aisle
            > column:
            > 1,1,1,1,10,10, 10,10,11, 11,12,12, 12,13,13
            > ,13,14,15,15, 2,2,2,2,20, 21,22,22, 22,25,26, 3,3,3
            > ,3,33,34,4,5, 6,7,8,9,Bak, Bak,Del,Del, Pha,Veg,Veg

            It is an alphabetic sort, so the sorts are correct given that fact.
            I'll consider modifying the sort so that it handles numerics as special
            cases.

            > The FILTER function within the pop down sort options doesn't seem to
            > work. Well, at least, I can't figure out how to use it, which amounts
            > to the same thing.

            Right. The filter command is just a placeholder for now. I have been
            planning to add the "filter" function, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

            --
            Bob

            www.rmobile.ca
            Mobile software for handheld computers and smartphones