RE: [7] [HS] Digest Number 1901

  • Harry
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
      I'm a new HS3 user. HS was the impetus for me to upgrade to a WM2003
      machine, and I'm liking it (both WM2003 and HS!). While I've been
      able to muddle around and get most of the systems to work, I just
      don't understand how the unit price analysis works. I have the
      column showing, but there are no numbers. How do I make unit prices
      work?

      Thanks!

      Harry
    • Barbara Needham
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
        Harry on 6/1/06 said

        >I'm a new HS3 user. HS was the impetus for me to upgrade to a WM2003
        >machine, and I'm liking it (both WM2003 and HS!). While I've been
        >able to muddle around and get most of the systems to work, I just
        >don't understand how the unit price analysis works. I have the
        >column showing, but there are no numbers. How do I make unit prices
        >work?

        You must put a number in the Units Column. Not the quantity column. You
        can put text in units also, such as oz, pd, etc. but unit price works off
        the number in the units column and the price in the, well, price column.
        Best way to see it work is to display description, units, price, and unit
        price until you get the hang of it. As you put in price and # of units
        you will see unit price get filled in automatically.

        --
        Barbara Needham
      • ldslcane-pg@yahoo.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 1, 2006
          Hi Happy Handy HS users,

          I have a d/b set up to manage my wedding
          photography clients. I'd like to see if anyone
          thinks there are better ways to handle what I'm
          doing.

          Here's the setup:

          stores are event types: wedding, portraits, party
          planning, etc.

          categories are the stages I go through: bid
          services, send contract and worksheet, receive
          contract and worksheet, collect payment, shoot,
          process, deliver

          description is the name of the event

          note is the pricing scheme I had when they booked
          (brides usually book photography months in
          advance so they get the prices from back then)

          Custom is the event date because I use the date
          field for the date I'm supposed to do the next
          thing with that client. This way, I can sort by
          what I need to do instead of by when their event
          is.

          I'm about to update the data with a new set of
          recently aquired clients and would like to update
          the db at the same time if necessary.

          any advice? Or, am I on the right track?

          -Lori

          http://www.AsYouWishBCS.com/
        • nmclouds
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 3, 2006
            Hi Lori,

            I haven't made a trial database like yours, but it looks very workable
            to me.

            You can enter information on the Detail screen for an item without
            having to show the Column on the main screen.

            You could enter the amount as price

            And maybe enter Billed or Paid in Aisle on the detail screen.

            Or maybe use Priority 1 = Billed 2 = Paid

            Laura