Funk'n Fusion Festival Drum @ Bobin 31/8/12

  • Elysha Futterleib
    Message 1 of 3 , May 4, 2012
      Hi Drummers!

      Nadine Purnell (of Qualia Tribal Bellydance, bellydance teacher, performer) has asked HandsOnSkins to come along to the festival she's organizing at Bobin Hall on the weekend 31st Aug - 1st Sept 2012.

      The Funk'n Fusion Festival is a two day festival with a mix of artists. Bands, DJ's, dancers, gymnasts, workshops and markets are just a few of the things to excite your senses over the weekend. Saturday night will be a masquerade multi-genre music & dance concert with some fire twirling acts. Sunday will include workshops and markets followed by an open mic night. BYO food to share.

      For our drumming contribution we'll be given a FREE FULL PASS to the festival including camping. Luke would also like to hold a workshop (or two) with some of the Afican songs we all know, so if anyone would like to be involved with the workshop please let Luke know on 0423-317-760, also some spare drums would be greatly appreciated! Other than that we'll be able to have a few great jams together over the weekend!

      Yahoo! Boom boom!
    • Elysha Futterleib
      Message 2 of 3 , May 4, 2012
        Just a quick amendment, the masquerade ball is actually the Friday night (30th Aug) with markets and workshops on the Saturday. Byo alcohol for the 18+ and there will be some food to buy.

        The festival has a Facebook page which you can "Like" and receive updates and line-up additions... so be sure to check it out!

        Cheers,
        Elysha

        P.S. HandsOnSkins also has a Facebook group which you can "Join" to network and receive drumming updates (although we promise to always post the same information here in Yahoo groups as we do on Facebook if you don't want to sign up).

        --- In handsonskins@yahoogroups.com, "Elysha Futterleib" <tribeofcoucal@...> wrote:

        > Hi Drummers!
        >
        > Nadine Purnell (of Qualia Tribal Bellydance, bellydance teacher, performer) has asked HandsOnSkins to come along to the festival she's organizing at Bobin Hall on the weekend 31st Aug - 1st Sept 2012.
        >
        > The Funk'n Fusion Festival is a two day festival with a mix of artists. Bands, DJ's, dancers, gymnasts, workshops and markets are just a few of the things to excite your senses over the weekend. Saturday night will be a masquerade multi-genre music & dance concert with some fire twirling acts. Sunday will include workshops and markets followed by an open mic night. BYO food to share.
        >
        > For our drumming contribution we'll be given a FREE FULL PASS to the festival including camping. Luke would also like to hold a workshop (or two) with some of the Afican songs we all know, so if anyone would like to be involved with the workshop please let Luke know on 0423-317-760, also some spare drums would be greatly appreciated! Other than that we'll be able to have a few great jams together over the weekend!
        >
        > Yahoo! Boom boom!

      • w1ccan2001
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 3, 2012