5Re: [handquilting] new quilter

  • C. Morse
    Jan 6, 2008
      Hi, Liliana! It sounds like you're doing great. With 19 blocks and
      three blocks per row, you should end up with six rows and one
      leftover block. You can put the leftover block on the back when you
      get that far.

      Yes your next step will be to join the rows. When you pin your
      rows together make sure you match the seams where the blocks
      joined.

      Are your seam lines marked? Do you have a picture? I am a huge
      applique fan and I would love to see the block.

      Caroline in NH
      http://fiberarts.typepad.com

      At 09:19 PM 1/5/2008, you wrote:
      >Hi My name is Liliana
      >I have inherited an applique quilting. I've just finished the 19
      >boxes with tulips flowers and a design. Right now I am joining 3
      >boxes per row. When I'm done, I guess I need to joing the rows. Right?
      >Please let me know what to do next. I've never done any quilting at
      >all. I am joining the boxes by hand and not with sewing machine.
      >Thanks, Liliana
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic