[handmaidens] Anniversary Issue is out...

  • Iona Hoeppner
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 4, 1999
      Hello, fellow Handmaidens of the Lord!

      Contents:
      1)  Handmaidens  FIRST ANNIVERSARY
      2) FEED THE HUNGRY FOR FREE
      3) IT'S TECHIE DAY!
      4) RECYCLING YOUR PARTS?
      5) FOR WOMEN ONLY
      ______________________________________

      1) OUR FIRST ANNIVERSARY
      I can't believe Handmaidens has been online for a year! We didn't make a mention of it  in the webzine, but please do thank the Lord that we've been online for 12 months and thousands of lives have been touched for Christ by this humble effort.

       Handmaidens - October, 1999  issue is out and is full of great, inspiring stuff. See it at
      http://www.ionanet.com/women/1099/index.htm

      There's a special page:  Extra - For the Wedgwood Martyrs
      Also a rerun of "Christian Moms Wonder about Halloween" from our very first issue.
      Be sure to check out all the other articles, too. We're sure you'll be blessed by them.
      ______________________________________

      2) FEED THE HUNGRY FOR FREE
       The Hunger Site Home - Donate Food for Free ( http://www.thehungersite.com/ )
      All you do is click a button and somewhere in the world a hungry person  gets a meal to eat at no cost to you. The food is paid for by corporate sponsors. All you do is go to the site and click. But, you're only allowed one click per day so spread the word to others.
      ______________________________________

      3) IT'S TECHIE DAY!
      This national event, which will take place on October 5, 1999, is intended not only to recognize the important contributions tech professionals make to all of our lives, but to bring attention to the pressing need for educational programs that interest young people in seeking tech jobs and offer them the specialized training they need to prepare for tech careers. Visit  techies.comhttp://techies.com/Main/Index_m.jsp )
      ______________________________________

      4) RECYCLING YOUR PARTS?
      Are you an organ donor? If not, why not? Please read this touching true story by Mary M. Jelinek

      My grown daughter, Sara, and I were very good friends. She lived with her family in a nearby town
           which allowed us to see each other very often. In between visits we wrote or talked on the phone.

           When she called me, she always said, "Hi, Mom, it’s me," and I’d say, "Hi, Me, how are you today?" She often signed her letters simply, "Me." Sometimes I’d call her "Me" just to tease.

           Then my poor Sara died suddenly, without warning, from a brain hemorrhage. Needless to say, I was devastated! There can be no worse pain for a parent than to lose a beloved child. It took all my considerable faith to keep going.

           We decided to donate her organs so at least that much good could come from such an otherwise tragic situation. In due time, I heard from the Organ Retrieval Group telling me where all her organs went. No names were mentioned, of course.

           About one year later, I received a beautiful letter from the young man who received her pancreas and kidney. What a difference it made in his life!

           Praise God! And since he couldn’t use his own name, guess how he signed his letter: "Me"!

           My cup runneth over.
      ______________________________________

      5) FOR WOMEN ONLY
      About a fourth of the mail Handmaidens receives is from men readers. Great! We're thrilled men read, enjoy and contribute to Handmaidens, but for our women's fellowship, no men, please!
      Our new Christian Women's E-mail Fellowship is growing and what a blessing it is for the members. Find out more at  Christian Women's Fellowship
      ( http://www.ionanet.com/women/fellowship/index.htm )

      Thanks, dear friends for your support, prayers and love. You help make Handmaidens happen!
      Blessings upon you!

      Iona Hoeppner
      ionanet http://ionanet.com
      Handmaidens http://ionanet.com/women