[handmaidens] Handmaidens E-Bulletin

  • Iona Hoeppner
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 18, 1999
      Hello Fellow Handmaidens;

      Sure hope you're having a glorious summer, blessed in every possible way! I also pray that you recognize all the wonderful and loving things our Father does for each of us every single day. Let's not forget to offer our gifts of praise which gladden His heart and enrich our own souls at the same time. Glory to His name!

      This bulletin has several features:
      1) JOB OPENING
      2) JOIN THE E-MAIL FELLOWSHIP
      3) PRAYER REQUEST
      4) IN GOD WE TRUST
      5) FEED THE HUNGRY
      6) LAST CALL FOR SEPT. ISSUE SUBMISSIONS
      _________________________________

      1) JOB OPENING:
      Easthaven Baptist Church is looking for a young experienced full-time student
      minister.  Easthaven is a Southern Baptist Church that averages 400-450 in
      Sunday School and 600+ in worship.  Easthaven is looking for a strong student minister who can grow a youth group spiritually as well as numerically.  If you have any questions, please feel free to contact them and send resumes to:

      Easthaven Baptist Church
      Attn.: Chip Vickers
      130 Highway 84 East
      Brookhaven, MS  39601
      _________________________________

      2) JOINING THE E-MAIL FELLOWSHIP:
      The e-mail fellowship is for Christian women (sorry, no men, please!) It is NOT the same as Handmaidens E-Bulletin list which is sending this message. The fellowship allows everyone on the list to both send and receive messages.
      There are two ways for women to join our group:

      1. Users add themselves by entering their e-mail addresses into
         the membership form found with the group's messages on the
         eGroups.com site at :
      http://www.egroups.com/list/womensfellowship/

      2. Users send an e-mail to:
      womensfellowship-subscribe@egroups.com

      The messages of our group and other group information is found at:
          http://www.egroups.com/list/womensfellowship/
      _________________________________

      3) PRAYER REQUEST:
      Please pray for  Anthony. Here's an excerpt from his letter:

      "Even with these attacks of Vertigo from the Meniere's Disease, I am still
      trying to hold onto my full time job, though they are growing impatient.
      The disease has spread to my other ear, and the hearing loss has progressed.  The doctor did up my medication last week, and wants to do more tests in another three months or so.  But, the Lord has been good to me through it all."
      _________________________________

      4) IN GOD WE TRUST
      July 30 1956
      The motto "In God We Trust" was adopted as the US national motto by
      President Dwight Eisenhower.  The phrase, originally printed on US
      coins during the Civil War, was adopted as the national motto in part
      as a response to the growing influence of the Soviet Union around the
      world. History of the adoption of "In God We Trust":
      http://www.ustreas.gov/opc/opc0011.html
      _________________________________

      5) FEED THE HUNGRY (from Henrietta Johnson)
      This is pretty cool -- you can go to this site once a day and donate food
      to the hungry (through a corporate sponsor that advertises on the site.)

      http://www.thehungersite.com

      6) LAST CALL FOR SEPT. ISSUE SUBMISSIONS
      I'm working on the Sept. issue right now, so if you have an article, poem, joke, artwork or other submission, please send them on. Don't be shy, share your stuff with us!

      Blessings upon you!

      Iona Hoeppner
      ionanet http://ionanet.com
      Handmaidens http://ionanet.com/women