Fwd: [womensfellowship] FW: Andy Rooney and Prayer

  • IonaRuth Hoeppner
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2009
      Sorry if you get this twice... I am redoing address books and lists so that won't happen.

      HOORAY,  HOORAY, HOORAY for Andy Rooney . I myself have been grumbling  and wondering how a handful of people have been able to take  our right to pray in public places away from us. So, agreeing  with Andy, I GLADLY will forward this email AGAIN, AGAIN AND  AGAIN.

      Folks, 2010 you can vote…2012 you can vote again…it is possible that we can RE-TAKE AMERICA

      Get  Ready *********

      Keep this going around the  globe . Read it and forward every time you receive it.
      We can't give up on this issue.

      Andy Rooney and  Prayer

      Andy Rooney says:

      I don't believe in Santa Claus, but I'm not going to sue somebody for singing a  Ho-Ho-Ho song in December.  I don't
      necessarily agree with Darwin ,  but I didn't go out and hire a lawyer when my high school  teacher taught his Theory of Evolution.

      Life, liberty or your pursuit  of happiness will not be endangered because someone says a  30-second prayer before a football
      or basketball game. So what's the big  deal?  It's not like somebody is up in the booth or down on the field or the court reading the entire Book of Acts.  They're just talking to a God they believe in and asking him to grant safety to th e athletes and the fans going home from the game.

      But it's a Christian prayer,  some will argue.

      Yes, and this is the United  States of America , a country founded on Christian principles.  According to our very own phone book, Christian churches  outnumber all others better than 200-to-1.  So what would  you expect -- somebody chanting Hare Krishna?

      If I went to a game in Jerusalem , I  would expect to hear a Jewish  prayer...

      If I went to a soccer game in Baghdad , I would expect to hear a Muslim prayer.

      If I went to a ping pong  match in China ,  I would expect to hear someone pray to Buddha..

      And I wouldn't be offended.
        It  wouldn't bother me one bit.
      When in Rome  .....

      But what about the atheists? Is another argument.

      What about them? Nobody is asking them to be baptized.  We're not going to pass  the collection plate.  Just humor us for 30 seconds.   If that's asking too much, bring a Walkman or a pair of  ear plugs.  Go to the bathroom.  Visit the  concession stand.  Call your lawyer!

      Unfortunately, one or two  will make that call.  One or two will tell thousands what  they can and cannot do. I don't think a short prayer at a game is going to shake the world's foundation.

      grow weary of turning the other cheek while our courts strip us of all our rights.  Our parents and grandparents taught us  to pray before eating, to pray before we go to  sleep. Our Bible tells us to pray without ceasing.  Now a handful of  people and their lawyers are telling us to cease  praying.

      God, help us.  And if  that last sentence offends you, well, just sue  me.

      The  silent majority has been silent too long.  It's time we  tell that one or two who scream loud enough to be heard that  the vast majority doesn't care what they want.  It is time that the majority

      It's time we tell them, You don't have to pray; you don't have to say the Pledge of Allegiance; you don't have to believe in God or attend services that honor Him.  That  is your right, and we will honor your right; but by golly, you are no longer going to take our rights away.  We should be fighting back, and if we do, we WILL WIN!

      God bless us one and all ...  Especially those who denounce Him

      God bless America, despite all her faults.  She is still the  greatest nation of all. God bless our service men and women who are fighting to protect our right to  pray and worship God.

      Let's make  2009 the  year the silent majority is heard and we put God back as the  foundation of our families and institutions . And our military forces come home from all the wars.

      Keep looking  up.

      If you agree with this,  please pass it on.
      If not delete  it.

      This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose, or take any action based on this message or any information herein. If you have received this message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message. Thank you for your cooperation.

      Joyfully in Christ,