10 Reasons to "Fear Not!"

  • IonaRuth Hoeppner
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 21, 2008

      Increasingly as election day approaches I receive messages based on fear. These are from Christians and are sounding more urgent by the day. Agreed, we have a responsibility to vote after careful and prayerful consideration of all the candidates and issues, and we need to take that very seriously, but not necessarily fearfully.

      I also doubt a believer in good conscience could vote for Obama if for no other reason than his stand on abortion, but should he be elected, I will not cringe in fear.

      For while scripture calls us to fear the Lord, as in a holy awe, we are repeatedly told by angels and Christ Himself to "Fear not!" Why? Because God is still in control!
      _______________________

      Top 10 Predictions No Matter Who Wins the Election

      1. The Bible will still have all the answers.

      2. Prayer will still work.

      3. The Holy Spirit will still move.

      4. God will still inhabit the praises of His people.

      5. There will still be God-anointed preaching.

      6. There will still be singing of praise to God.

      7. God will still pour out blessings upon His people.

      8. There will still be room at the Cross.

      9. Jesus will still love you.

      10. Jesus will still save the lost when they come to Him.

      ...and God approves this message!

      ISN'T IT GREAT TO KNOW WHO IS REALLY IN CONTROL?!!

      Richard and I had a wonderful day. We went to see the film Billy the Early Years. Excellent movie! We highly recommend it.

      On November 7, 2008 Billy Graham will celebrate his 90th birthday. His son Franklin Graham is organizing a special gift for him, many, many messages from those who love him and are thankful for his life in the service of Jesus Christ. Please bless this great man by adding your personal birthday message. Of course, there is no cost.