182545 vs 300,000,000 - Consider the TRUTH

  • IonaRuth Hoeppner
    Jan 25, 2010
      545 vs 300,000,000
      Charley Reese has been a journalist for 49 years.
      545  PEOPLE
      By Charlie Reese
      Politicians are the only people in the world who create problems and then campaign against them.
      Have you ever wondered, if both the Democrats and the Republicans are against deficits, WHY do we have deficits?
      Have you ever wondered, if all the politicians are against inflation and high taxes, WHY do we have inflation and high taxes?
      You and I don't propose a federal budget. The president does.
      You and I don't have the Constitutional authority to vote on appropriations. The House of  Representatives does.
      You and I don't write the tax code, Congress does.
      You and I don't set fiscal policy, Congress does.
      You and I don't control monetary policy, the Federal Reserve Bank does.

      One hundred senators, 435 congressmen, one president, and nine Supreme Court justices, equates to 545 human beings out of the 300 million are directly, legally, morally, and individually responsible for the domestic problems that plague this country.

      I excluded the members of the Federal Reserve Board because that problem was created by the Congress. In 1913, Congress delegated its Constitutional duty to provide a sound currency to a federally chartered, but private, central  bank.

      I excluded all the special interests and lobbyists for a sound reason..They have no legal authority. They have no ability to coerce a senator, a congressman, or a president to do one  cotton-picking thing. I don't care if they offer a politician $1 million dollars in cash.  The  politician has the power to accept or reject it. No matter what the lobbyist promises, it is the legislator's responsibility to determine how he votes.

      Those 545 human beings spend much of their energy convincing you that what they did is not their fault. They cooperate in this common "con" regardless of party.
      What separates a politician from a normal human being, is an excessive amount of gall..No normal human being would have the gall of a Speaker, who stood up and criticized the President for creating deficits. The president can only propose a budget. He cannot force the Congress to accept it.

      The Constitution, which is the supreme law of the land, gives sole responsibility to the House of Representatives for originating, and approving appropriations, and taxes. Who is the speaker of the House? Nancy Pelosi. She is the leader of the majority party. She and fellow House members, not the president, can approve any budget they want. If the president vetoes it, they can pass it over his veto, if they agree to.

      It seems inconceivable to me, that a nation of 300 million can not replace 545 people who stand convicted -- by the present facts -- of incompetence and irresponsibility.  I can't think of a  single domestic problem that is not traceable directly to those 545 people. When you fully  grasp the plain truth that 545 people exercise the power of the federal government, then it must follow that what exists is what they want to exist.

      If the tax code is unfair, it's because they want it unfair.
      If the budget is in the red, it's because they want it in the red.
      If the Army & Marines are in  IRAQ , it's because they want them in IRAQ.
      If they do not receive social security, but are on an elite retirement plan not available  to the people, it's because they want it that way.
      There are no insoluble government problems...

      Do not let these 545 people shift the blame to bureaucrats, whom they hire, and whose jobs they can  abolish; to lobbyists, whose gifts, and advice they can reject; to regulators, to whom they give the power to regulate, and from whom they can take this power. Above all, do not let them con you into the belief that there exists disembodied mystical forces like "the economy," "inflation," or "politics" that prevent them from doing what they take an oath to do.

      Those 545 people, and they alone, are responsible.
      They, and they alone, have the power.
      They, and they alone, should be held accountable by the people who are their bosses.
      Provided the voters have the  gumption to manage their own employees.
      We should vote all of them out of office, and clean up their mess!

      Charlie Reese is a former columnist of the Orlando Sentinel Newspaper.
      What you do with this article now that you have  read it..........Is up to you.

      This might be funny if it weren't so darned true.

      Be sure to read all the way to the end:
            Tax his land,
            Tax his bed,
            Tax the table
            At which he's fed.
            Tax his tractor,
            Tax his mule,
            Teach him taxes
            Are the rule.
            Tax his work,
            Tax his pay,
            He works for peanuts
            Tax his cow,
            Tax his goat,
            Tax his pants,
            Tax his coat.
            Tax his ties,
            Tax his shirt,
            Tax his work,
            Tax his dirt.
            Tax all he has
            Then let him know
            That you won't be done
            Till he has no dough.
            When he screams and hollers;
            Then tax him some more,
            Tax him till
            He's good and sore.
            Then tax his coffin,
            Tax his grave,
            Tax the sod in
            Which he's laid.
            Put these words
            Upon his tomb,
            Taxes drove me
            to my doom...'
            When he's gone,
            Do not relax,
            Its time to apply
            The inheritance tax.
            Accounts Receivable Tax
            Building Permit Tax
            CDL license Tax
            Cigarette Tax
            Corporate Income Tax
            Dog License Tax
            Excise Taxes
            Federal Income Tax
            Federal Unemployment Tax (FUTA)
            Fishing License Tax
            Food License Tax
            Fuel Permit Tax
            Gasoline Tax (currently 44.75 cents per gallon)
            Gross Receipts Tax
            Hunting License Tax
            Inheritance Tax
            Inventory Tax
            IRS Interest Charges IRS Penalties (tax on top of tax)
            Liquor Tax
            Luxury Taxes
            Marriage License Tax
            Medicare Tax
            Personal Property Tax
            Property Tax
            Real Estate Tax
            Service Charge T ax
            Social Security Tax
            Road Usage Tax
            Sales Tax
            Recreational Vehicle Tax
            School Tax
            State Income Tax
            State Unemployment Tax (SUTA)
            Telephone Federal Excise Tax
            Telephone Federal Universal Ser vice FeeTax
            Telephone Federal, State and Local Surcharge Taxes
            Telephone Minimum Usage Surcharge=2 0Tax
            Telephone Recurring and Non-recurring Charges Tax
            Telephone State and Local Tax
            Telephone Usage Charge Tax
            Utility Taxes
            Vehicle License Registration Tax
            Vehicle Sales Tax
            Watercraft Registration Tax
            Well Permit Tax
            Workers Compensation Tax
      STILL THINK THIS IS FUNNY? Not one of these taxes existed 100 years ago, and our nation was the most prosperous in the world. We had absolutely no national debt, had the largest middle class in the world, and Mom stayed home to raise the kids.
      What in the world happened? Can you spell 'politicians?'
      I hope this goes around THE USA at least 1000 times!!!  YOU can help it get there!!!
      GO AHEAD - - - BE AN AMERICAN!!!
      Joyfully in Messiah,