175Re: Fw: Rock Painter

  • IonaRuth Hoeppner
    Nov 21, 2009
      My brother sent me this (Thanks Donnie!) This is wonderful. I hope this young teen continues to make a positife impact on our world and I hope we continue to hear about it. Please strip off any email addresses and forward it on as many times as you like.

      More well-deserved honoring of our Veterans.

      This was done by a teenager!
      There is a huge rock near a gravel pit on Hwy. 25 in rural
        Iowa. For generations, kids have painted slogans, names, and obscenities on this rock, changing its character many times. A few months back, the rock received its latest paint job, and since then it has been left completely undisturbed.

      It's quite an impressive sight. Be sure to scroll down and check out the multiple photos.(all angles) of the rock.

      I thought the flag was draped over the rock, but it's not. It's actually painted on the rock too.

      cid:1.2111364016@...
      cid:2.2111364016@...
      cid:3.2111364016@...
      cid:4.2111364016@...
      cid:5.2111364016@...
      cid:6.2111364016@...

      cid:7.2111364016@...

      Here's the artist:
      Ray 'Bubba' Sorensen.

      cid:8.2111364016@...

      AWESOME Work, RAY .

      Thank you!

      cid:9.2111364016@...

      Pass it on.

      cid:10.2111364016@...
      You may be only one person in the world,
      but you may also be the world to one person.

      --
      Joyfully in Messiah,
      iona

      http://twitter.com/ionaruth